+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Borrow a Snap on MT2500

Status

Wouldn't a compression test, tell a lot about if the cam timing is correct or not.
    G-Man

Status

Theres a shiny line before the last notch in the flex, take the crank sensor out and make sure it isnt scrapped
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wyotech_cuda440 View Post
    The main thing were suspicious of is the cam timing. We already know that your distributor drive shaft and distributor were installed correctly from the pics you posted, so that's not an issue.

However, if the timing set was installed one tooth off, the cam timing would be wrong and it would run, just not very well. Also, some of the cheaper timing sets are known to be less than perfect, sometimes just dot-to-dot could be off by 5 degrees or more.

Pulling the accessories, water pump, and timing cover, checking the cam with a degree wheel, and reassembling everything should only take a day or two.
    FYI I was referring to it being installed dot to dot on #1 comp vs. dot to dot on #1 exhaust. Is this effectively the same as having the distributor 180* off?

(Not a tooth off, or poor timing set tolerances/QC).
    My step mother legitimately thought you could raise boneless chickens.

edit: she once to her taxes to a taxidermy shop...my hand to god, this woman is a moron

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1AmberR/T View Post
    FYI I was referring to it being installed dot to dot on #1 comp vs. dot to dot on #1 exhaust. Is this effectively the same as having the distributor 180* off?

(Not a tooth off, or poor timing set tolerances/QC).
    Yeah, dot-to-dot instead of dots at 12:00 would be the exact same as the distributor 180 off. That's a common mistake, but like you said it wont run at all so we know josh's truck was setup correctly when he installed/checked the distributor.

Drops panties faster than any R/T

Status

What's the status on the tune in the PCM? Stock computer? Flashed over stocker or what?
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sunike32 View Post
    What's the status on the tune in the PCM? Stock computer? Flashed over stocker or what?

superchips 87 octane canned flash now. Front of engine is apart. We're down to the balancer & timing cover bolts. It's getting dark, we'll do those in the AM. Bryan will be here @ 9am to degree the cam. We should know by lunchtime.
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jassole View Post
    superchips 87 octane canned flash now. Front of engine is apart. We're down to the balancer & timing cover bolts. It's getting dark, we'll do those in the AM. Bryan will be here @ 9am to degree the cam. We should know by lunchtime.
    Awesome!

One question though...how "complete" of a tune does the Superchips provide? I always thought a Superchips merly adjusted some parameters?
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nevr2fast01 View Post
    Theres a shiny line before the last notch in the flex, take the crank sensor out and make sure it isnt scrapped
    The old one has a little scrap on it

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

Scrap enough to wipe the plastic off?
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Not really, just a minor scrap I think. I can post a pic if you want

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Status

Can you post pics of the injector harness? On both sides?
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Sure. Give me a minute

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Status

Have you put a plain factory PCM in it??
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

DRTC Member #1146

Status

Not really sure what you were looking for but here ya go...

Old crank sensor

And Andrew, yea I ran my dads spare stock PCM for a while. It helped a little but that's only cause the my PCM didnt have a stock or decent tune in it

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Step bumer & CCW's FTW!

Status

Isn't there suppose to be a "pill" under the CPS, to space it properly from the flywheel?

2012 RAM R/T
    Belltech.

2010 Challenger R/T
    Hurst. Billet Tech. Hop Not. SLP.

Status

Hey look at the cam sensor wires good and make sure they didnt get pinched or something under the cap
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

DRTC #149

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyD View Post
    Isn't there suppose to be a "pill" under the CPS, to space it properly from the flywheel?
    Not on these..

99 DA RC To Be Discovered AKA Smokey
    98 DA CC 11.59@118 AKA Barney

[Duner] : I was afraid I was going to go too fast and scare myself. Lucky for me - the DA rose up to save me.

[Kotta390] : Oh that's right! Well FML.....Looks like I am getting shafted because of my bore size

[BlakDak71] : I don't run oil, I run a special blend consisting of Hellman's mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid

[Kotta390] : My electric water pump puts out too much fuel at idle and is not a variable pump which makes it overheat in the summer at idle if I sit too long

[KotaRT] : Ed, you can have cake, as long as I get something in return

Status

Its 10 a.m. Where is the news, Bryan? Not only is my truck faster but I can wrench faster, too?
    My step mother legitimately thought you could raise boneless chickens.

edit: she once to her taxes to a taxidermy shop...my hand to god, this woman is a moron

Status

No Joy, Cam checked out spot on. Intake centerline is 117*, just like the manual says it should be. We did not take off the cam sprocket to see if there were any numbers there, but it doesn't matter. According to the HP Magnum book, the only other cam it could be is the baby R/T cam. Which also gets installed @ 117*. We may just throw in the towel now, and have Chris @ PIE come get it.

We also found out that there is little to no front bumper left. The previous owner lightened it so much that it is now structurally unsound.

Hey Chas, you have any front bumper crash bars laying around ? We don't need the cover, just the inner structure,
    "the vast majority of the people on this website are such tight asses that they could probably squeeze out diamonds - but they'd never spend the money to buy the coal' - Steve F. 2012

"Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, "A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish" - Ty Webb, 1980

Status

Yup, that front bumper got the Swiss cheese treatment years ago!
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Got Beer?

Status

No Joy, Cam checked out spot on. Intake centerline is 117*, just like the manual says it should be. We did not take off the cam sprocket to see if there were any numbers there, but it doesn't matter. According to the HP Magnum book, the only other cam it could be is the baby R/T cam. Which also gets installed @ 117*. We may just throw in the towel now, and have Chris @ PIE come get it.

We also found out that there is little to no front bumper left. The previous owner lightened it so much that it is now structurally unsound.

Hey Chas, you have any front bumper crash bars laying around ? We don't need the cover, just the inner structure,
    Does it still hold shape?
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SB440R/T View Post
    Does it still hold shape?

the bumper ? Yes. Why, you want to trade ? That would be muay bueno

the whole thing feels like it weighs maybe 25-30 lbs now

Got Beer?

Status

the bumper ? Yes. Why, you want to trade ? That would be muay bueno
    Don't think mine was damaged, but truck is in Texas now, so shipping would be involved.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

DRTC Member #1146

Status

So what do you Guys think now? The cam was spot on. Off to PIE...?

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    Plenty More to come

Status

Keep going til you fix it.
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast