+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mt2500 snap on

Default mt2500 snap on

I just got a snap on 2500, what parts do i need to make this work? Like to change the fuel sync etc. thanks for your help

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ib01r/t View Post
    I just got a snap on 2500, what parts do i need to make this work? Like to change the fuel sync etc. thanks for your help
    What do you mean by what parts do you need to make it work??

What parts do you have?
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

cartiges i will need!!!!

tell me what I need then!!!

DRTC Member #1128

Status

It didn't come with cartridges? I used a snap on scanner all the time. There pretty self explanatory, atleast the one I used. Did it come with the keys?
    01 Atlantic Blue CC RT-Hughes Iron Ram heads w/ 2.02 valves & light port, Comp Cam, M1, headers, Accel, FireCore, NGK, Flowmaster, 20" R/T reps, Belltech, Street Scene, tinted tails, clear headlights & corners, tint, 30k's in fogs, Kicker L7, Alpine Type S comp. kit, Alpine headunit, Alpine amp, Boston amp, Streetwires.

I like free kittens

Status

you'll need the ones for your year of vehicle. troubleshooter, ABS, and the general, plus the keys that plug into the side of the OBDII plug.

I think to do fuel sync, you'll need at a minimum the general cartridge for your year. these seem to be "up to" type cartridges, the one I bought said "for domestic vehicles up to 2001" and should cover everything from 97-01. pre-97 is OBD-I and as far as I know, will be a different plug type, and different adapters/cartridges.

Keys are 13 and 13a....I think, crap. now I can;t remember. I have them out in the garage right now. Still need to hook up with the other member here who told me everything to buy, so he can give me a quick walk-through tutorial. since I don't know which key to use for which function, etc.

Suppose I could also pick up a manual and learn it myself

you won't need the ABS one unless you want to also work on your ABS/RWAL stuff as well, which is also where you go to recalibrate your speedo for different tire sizes.

I picked up the scan tool, data cord, OBD-II plug, Domestic general, and troubleshooter for vehicles up to 2001, and the 2 keys for $300 Still need to get an ABS cartridge, I was bidding on one, but got ebay sniped at the last minute, and didn't feel like paying $120 for the "buy it now" option when all the actual auctions were selling for $50-60.
    --Tom
    **Photobucket can suck my nut**

I'm a douchebag

Status

You will need the primary cartridge for GM Chrysler Ford Jeep updated to at least the year of your truck and a Diagnostic cartridge that matches.

You will also need the OBD II cord and the K13 key. I think. It might be 13a. Get both. The scanner will tell you which one to use.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

Status

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    You will need the primary cartridge for GM Chrysler Ford Jeep updated to at least the year of your truck and a Diagnostic cartridge that matches.

You will also need the OBD II cord and the K13 key. I think. It might be 13a. Get both. The scanner will tell you which one to use.
    Do you need the diagnostic cartrige to set fuel sync or just the primary cartrige?
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Do you need the diagnostic cartrige to set fuel sync or just the primary cartrige?
    As far as I know, just the primary. I have never tried the scanner without the diagnostic plugged in, but the set sync would have nothing to do with that cartridge.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

I like free kittens

Status

Yup, no need for the troubleshooter for fuel sync.

But on a similar question, how do you access the ABS stuff? I have the abs cartridge, and when I plug in the scanner, it says "domestic with ABS diagnostics"

But once I'm past the year, make model stuff, it only says "engine, trans, body" and I can't get it to access the body. It says "communicating with CCM or whatever it said...don't remember exactly, then says "no connection, is key on? Wait 15 seconds, Bla Bla Bla".
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 70Cuda383 View Post

But on a similar question, how do you access the ABS stuff? I have the abs cartridge, and when I plug in the scanner, it says "domestic with ABS diagnostics"

But once I'm past the year, make model stuff, it only says "engine, trans, body" and I can't get it to access the body. It says "communicating with CCM or whatever it said...don't remember exactly, then says "no connection, is key on? Wait 15 seconds, Bla Bla Bla".
    Perhaps you need the 13a key? I just got my MT2500 that I won on eBay last week, and since my truck is still in storage I only got to play with the scanner on my 1999 Jeep.

I wonder if the 13a key is needed for the body and maybe the ABS stuff?
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

Status

I'm not really sure, because when I scanned my ABS I used a Modus that I had on loan at the time.
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

I like free kittens

Status

I don't know, it said "connect w key 13"
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Status

Its been awhile since ive used the 2500 if i had it in my hands i could tell you how, could you hold off til may 5th and i could show you?
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

Status

Anyone want to rent one out....
    11.27 @ 118.23

I like free kittens

Status

Anyone want to rent one out....
    What year is your truck? I have cartridges up to 01, but my ABS one is only up to 98.

Tim,

yea, I can wait till May. Just thought I'd try to get my speedo re-cal'd and have the ABS cartridge for anything else that pops up. nothing wrong with the truck right now other than my speedo and odometer is about 9% off.

I'm sure if I had the manuals I could figure it out as well
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Status

I didnt have the option to set the fuel sync on my 2001, everything but fuel sync with the snap on Modis
    drtc_logo001:
    2001 DAKOTA R/T
    F&B 52x55, M1 4bbl with 2bbl adaptor, Edelbrock 2.02 heads, Harland Sharp 1.7 adjustable rr, Comp 264HR-12 cam, Spintech mids, Spintech exhaust, Asp crank pulley, Msd 6al,Msd Blaster HVC coil, Taylor 10.4mm Thunder wires, NGK BKR6E, PIE Gc e-fan, Sct by FRP, Belltech 1" front 2" rear, Caltracs, Hotchkis sways, Hipotek driveshaft loop and Torque strap, A/C delete , Heater delete, Clutch fan delete, Viper 18" wheels , Walbro 255 lph fuel pump.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by cbra View Post
    I didnt have the option to set the fuel sync on my 2001, everything but fuel sync with the snap on Modis
    It might be under the troubleshooter end of it, i know they moved it around some when they changed some software
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
    what year is your truck? I have cartridges up to 01, but my abs one is only up to 98.:
    11.27 @ 118.23

Status

Quote Originally Posted by cbra View Post
    It's there, it's just in another menu. Something like "System Tests".
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

I like free kittens

Status

Aren't you pulling your engine out?

when you're ready to set the sync on your 408, let me know. I'll let you borrow it if you want to give it a shot.

that said, I'm having a small issue with Eric's 99. it won't communicate with the PCM, but the engine starts up and runs fine, so it's not like the ASD relay isn't powering up, or there's a bad connection somewhere...but every time I go to get the fuel sync set, it says "no communication. Is key on? turn key on wait 15 seconds..."

I've tried wiggling the connection ports, everything. thought maybe my scanner was taking a dump, but it worked great on my 98. went straight to the sync and started reading it no problem!

any ideas? why would it communicate with my 98, but not a 99? I've got the domestic primary cartridge through 2001 and Key 13 plugged in like the scanner says to. (when does it ever ask for Key 13a?)
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

I like free kittens

Status

and everything on the SCT thing works fine. I can plug in, read codes, clear codes, read vin, etc. I just can't get the MT2500 to talk with his PCM
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Status

Aren't you pulling your engine out?

when you're ready to set the sync on your 408, let me know. I'll let you borrow it if you want to give it a shot.

that said, I'm having a small issue with Eric's 99. it won't communicate with the PCM, but the engine starts up and runs fine, so it's not like the ASD relay isn't powering up, or there's a bad connection somewhere...but every time I go to get the fuel sync set, it says "no communication. Is key on? turn key on wait 15 seconds..."

I've tried wiggling the connection ports, everything. thought maybe my scanner was taking a dump, but it worked great on my 98. went straight to the sync and started reading it no problem!

any ideas? why would it communicate with my 98, but not a 99? I've got the domestic primary cartridge through 2001 and Key 13 plugged in like the scanner says to. (when does it ever ask for Key 13a?)
    Fuel Sync in two weeks...
    11.27 @ 118.23

I like free kittens

Status

If I can figure out why it won't talk to the '99 truck and get iyvtobeirk, I'll let you borrow it. But if it's still only working on my '98, I'd hate to send it your way and find out it does you no good.
    --Tom

I'm a douchebag

Status

So you can access data and pull code with the 2500 on erics or no?
    1999 solar fire reboot
    Gas-Beat-Repeat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast