+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SRT4 seats off center

DRTC #311

Status

Default SRT4 seats off center

I'm using the 1" square tubing method that many have used to mount the SRT style seat to Dakota tracks. I have the outboard drivers side all bolted up and it looks very pretty, except when I sit in the seat, the wheel is off center by about an inch to the left. (the seat sits right of center)

It makes sense that smaller seats will fit differently in a cab bigger than their design intended, but I haven't heard of anyone else's seats being mis-aligned like mine are.

I might just live with it. I sat in the truck with the seat as-is for a long time and I think I could get used to it very quickly. It brings my left side closer to the wheel and it creates a more straight on leg-angle to the gas pedal. Feels almost more natural, for lack of better explanation.

Anyone else have this issue ? I don't see how it can be fixed without adding a piece of flat stock to gain the needed offset. I'll post some pictures later.

OG DRTC

Status

The Charger seats sit offset to the outside compared to stock, so on drivers side you sit slightly left of the wheel. KKind of weird at first but I don't even notice it anymore.

DRTC #311

Status

I think I'll leave them be. it'll make driving with my knee easier

Status

Pictures or they’re not in lol!

DRTC #311

Status

I plan on starting another thread soon with all kinds of pictures. I need to motivate myself to finally finish and enjoy it for a change.

Status

I didnt use 1" sq tube on mine I just welded the R/T brackets to the seat. Mine sot in there perfect. I like how they sit without the 1" as well. Pretty sure its closer to the stock height of the origional seat. Im on my phone or I would upload a few pictures for you

98 dakota 20" factory replica's 2" djm drop arms, 3" rear blocks, hughes airgap intake,52mm tb, magnaflow 2 1/2 cat back more to come

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pete102580 View Post
    I plan on starting another thread soon with all kinds of pictures. I need to motivate myself to finally finish and enjoy it for a change.
    Looking forward to it!

DRTC #311

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slo98rt View Post
    I didnt use 1" sq tube on mine I just welded the R/T brackets to the seat. Mine sot in there perfect. I like how they sit without the 1" as well. Pretty sure its closer to the stock height of the origional seat. Im on my phone or I would upload a few pictures for you
    I'm too short and my welding skills are inadequate to do it that way. I tried, and ruined a nice set of Dakota tracks. Maybe when I have everything bolted up, I'll take them into a shop for a proper bead.

Status

Well when or if you do decide to do some welding for permanently placing them. What I did was use a wet rag on the seat and took my time with the welding and kept them wiped down after welding to, so I didnt burn the seat foam up.

98 dakota 20" factory replica's 2" djm drop arms, 3" rear blocks, hughes airgap intake,52mm tb, magnaflow 2 1/2 cat back more to come

DRTC #311

Status

That's a good idea. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to saw, drill, flip, weld and keep the seats themselves looking brand new. I usually work with them on the hood of another car, with a thick blanket as buffer

+ Reply to Thread