+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone in SoCal go to Irwindale or Fontana?

Default Does anyone in SoCal go to Irwindale or Fontana?

I'll finally be starting to take my truck to the drag strip for the first time on Thursday 4/10 to Irwindale to "get my feet wet" and practice launching the truck at the 1/8 mile. Then on 4/19 I'll be heading to Fontana to run her down the 1/4 mile. Just curious if anyone else here takes their truck out as well?

60' @ 1.965 1/8 9.041 @ 76.4
    M1 2bbl w BBK 52mm tb, HS 1.7s
    Hemifever tune, 180 stat, clutch fan del.
    Lowered 2.5/4 255/40 255/50 nt555s, full polys, hids
    PPH headers with high flow cat, hooker aero chamber
    Msaine built trans w/tcc mod, 2800 stall, caltracs
    NGK zfr6f-11s, 14x3 filter, turnbuckle torque mount
    Column mounted Glowshift trans temp gauge

Accumulating parts...

Status

I'll take my truck out soon. Probably to a NMCA race in Fontana though.
    Irwindale is a little to much of a hassle with so many cars and only a 1/8mile track. If I need to break something in before another race or practice I'll go there.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

I go to Irwindale sporadically, Don The Landbutcher is there every week I think, Haven't been to Fontana yet

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gokota View Post
    I go to Irwindale sporadically, Don The Landbutcher is there every week I think, Haven't been to Fontana yet
    I thought the trucks been down for a while? Or just not registered? How are things??
    Mopar Spring fling tomorrow if your interested. Woodley Park.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

I work unfortunately or I'd be there. I want to run irwindale before I go to fontana because I'm unsure if I'll need a driveshaft loop just quite yet. How many cars are there on Thursdays typically? How many runs should I get in in a night?

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blue beast View Post
    I work unfortunately or I'd be there. I want to run irwindale before I go to fontana because I'm unsure if I'll need a driveshaft loop just quite yet. How many cars are there on Thursdays typically? How many runs should I get in in a night?
    I've been there when there's close to 600. Get there early too so you get more passes in. Be ready for tech then line up!
    In the lanes it can take an hour to get in a run. And you have to keep moving your vehicle up three spots than shut it off for a few minutes. Annoying.
    Fontana can get real busy too. They don't limit the entries. I've seen 800 vehicles there, got two passes in and left. Took two hours to tech and I was there and hour before the gate opened.
    Best bet is to go on a Sunday during the Summit series race. You can bracket race and still get a couple TNT runs in. Costs a little more but less traffic.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastGray View Post
    I thought the trucks been down for a while? Or just not registered? How are things??
    Mopar Spring fling tomorrow if your interested. Woodley Park.
    Trucks running ok, it's me thats broke down, had to have back surgery 4 months ago, still not able to do much

I've found that if you I get there when they first open I can get about six runs in before 8 o'clock

OG DRTC

Status

What all mods do you have that you are worried about needing a dirveshaft loop? And I think you only need that if running on full slicks. Drag radials and any DOT slick should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    What all mods do you have that you are worried about needing a dirveshaft loop? And I think you only need that if running on full slicks. Drag radials and any DOT slick should be okay.
    You know I swear I read that you needed a loop if you broke 14s but it actually reads if you break 14s with slicks. I'm an idiot lol. Either way I'll be getting one shortly.

+ Reply to Thread