+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hotchkis leaf spring plates

Banned

Status

Default Hotchkis leaf spring plates

What are they exactly? Just plates of steel? I need a set of them, or should I just get 1" blocks? Or a 1" angled block? I want the driveshaft to be the correct angle.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrango View Post
    What are they exactly? Just plates of steel? I need a set of them, or should I just get 1" blocks? Or a 1" angled block? I want the driveshaft to be the correct angle.
    Their basically just 4 pieces of leaves (about 1/2 the thickness of the hotchkis ones) cut down to make a block. They are about an inch maybe a little more, I dont know about the angle issue.

Status

i might have a couple of them. how many do you need??
    New Truck 2002 Dakota R/T

2001 dodge dakota R/T *RIP*

mods: mopar pph headers, 3" spintech exhaust, k&n intake, m-1 2bbl, 52 mm fastman tb, asp underdrive crank pulley, viper fan, shift kit, HS 1.7 rr's, Dynojet wideband, SCT by hemifever, Belltech 2/3 drop

future mods: 4.56 gears, 2800 stall

Chris

Banned

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 01dakotaR/T View Post
    i might have a couple of them. how many do you need??
    I assume 8, 4 for each side?

Banned

Status

Well I got a set of Energy suspension 5.2113R for my hotchkis leafs...just would like to know if OEM bushing are the same as The Hotchkis leaf spring bushings, b.c when I measure the energy suspension ones they are 1 3/8" and the ones in the Hotchkis are 1 1/4" installed....so maybe they compress tight when they're put in? Need to know...$50 of bushings laying around

Status

You're probably better off using a 1" or 2" steel block rather than trying to track down 8 of the spacers. They pretty much do the same thing. I'm unaware of any other 'purpose' for the Hotchkis plates.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1AmberR/T View Post
    You're probably better off using a 1" or 2" steel block rather than trying to track down 8 of the spacers. They pretty much do the same thing. I'm unaware of any other 'purpose' for the Hotchkis plates.
    The only other purpose was you could adjust the height by 1/4" at a time to get the back end right where you wanted it....I found that 5 plates made it look best with my coils cut a tad in the front.....

Todd

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Banned

Status

Well I got a set of Energy suspension 5.2113R for my hotchkis leafs...just would like to know if OEM bushing are the same as The Hotchkis leaf spring bushings, b.c when I measure the energy suspension ones they are 1 3/8" and the ones in the Hotchkis are 1 1/4" installed....so maybe they compress tight when they're put in? Need to know...$50 of bushings laying around

^^^^^

Banned

Status

Please answer

Banned

Status

Spoke to Hotchkis on the phone...they gave me an industrial standard part number, RB-117. This is a 1.5" dia. bushing just like the OEM Dakota bushing, but part number lists for pre-90' GM trucks/vans... For some reason the bushing in the Hotchkis leafs now measure 1.25", do they really compress 1/4" when installed? If so then these Energy Suspension 5.2113R Dakota bushings will work...

Help

Banned

Status

Nevermind...I figured it out.

+ Reply to Thread