Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dakota RT Twin-Turbo E85 build,

Got Beer?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by salcedo1319 View Post
    Which Durango? With an SDC kit?
    Yea, with the twin kit.

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=133159
    Last edited by SB440R/T; 09-09-2014 at 04:22 PM.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Status
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SB440R/T View Post
    Read my mind , that build was epic fail and turned me off Sdc

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    Read my mind , that build was epic fail and turned me off Sdc
    That and making a video around a 12.75 run for that kind of money didn't make me want to jump up for one. But nevertheless chuck put a lot of money in that truck from what I remember. The durango fail was enough to make sure they never sold any kits.

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Status
    Blog Entries

I meet the owners of the Durango at Carlise really nice couple , shame they got taken for a ride on that project it was a cool sleeper of a truck

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Got Beer?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    I meet the owners of the Durango at Carlise really nice couple , shame they got taken for a ride on that project it was a cool sleeper of a truck
    Did they say what happened? I still have no clue what the issue was or if it was resolved.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Cool

I have dropped and weld the 2 bungs on the pan and put it back. I also grind and painted my manifolds. Next is time to put it all back together and test drive it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ----JUICE----

Status

On the road yet?
    "Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul." -Biker Boyz

1999 intense blue regular cab r/t

Old setup: 408, fully forged, half filled block, eddy heads, m1, 236/232 116 .612 cam, 3600 stall, BW S480 turbo, 4" exhaust, 12lbs boost, Flyin' Ryan tuned.

New setup: 345 gen3 hemi, Manley forged pistons & rods, 6.1 crank, 6.1 heads, 6.1 cam, Ritter intake, 727 w/t-brake, BW S480 turbo, Holley dominator efi.

Still building: 5.7 based forged 392 stroker, custom cam, thitek heads, twin s480s, all the boost.

Almost, just have to put the straight pipes all the way to rear diff and im good to go. I'm going to the drag strip in 2 weeks to see some #s. I was doing 13s with the SC, we'll see I get and then it's back to rebuilding the engine.
    ----JUICE----

Some things I still want to do right now is connect the catch can, figure out what springs to get in the front for weight transfer. I don't know what the previous owner did to drop it, its about a 2 inch drop. Also my hat hits on the hood and it needs 1/2 in to close, I don't think a cowl hood would look good with the sniper kit.
    ----JUICE----

Status

i've seen a cowl with the sniper front, looked pretty good to me. make sure to take plenty of vids when you hit the strip!

Old setup: 408, fully forged, half filled block, eddy heads, m1, 236/232 116 .612 cam, 3600 stall, BW S480 turbo, 4" exhaust, 12lbs boost, Flyin' Ryan tuned.

New setup: 345 gen3 hemi, Manley forged pistons & rods, 6.1 crank, 6.1 heads, 6.1 cam, Ritter intake, 727 w/t-brake, BW S480 turbo, Holley dominator efi.

Still building: 5.7 based forged 392 stroker, custom cam, thitek heads, twin s480s, all the boost.

Any updates?
    1998 Dakota R/T
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5Qwt4vRdHrM/UqZdWhLt2tI/AAAAAAAAAB8/WtseaWnGPTM/w732-h549-no/1384281_10151646266675723_1560687758_n.jpg

Default Update

Been busy, but Im waiting for my tune from Chris from PIE. I'm going to run 12lbs, 42lb injectors and a 2 bar from a grand national. The only reason I'm hurrying is because everyone from work is going to the strip on the 11th of October, but I'm not not even done. The twin turbo setup is done. I was going to move on to rebuilding the engine, but it'll be until winter. I'll post videos and slips of that day and keep everyone updated.

Some problems I encountered so far is TB gasket leaking or more like whistling. The hat doesn't sit flat. A leak on intercooler silicone coupler and stupid "NO BUS" message which is gone bit might come back. Oh and I need to get fresh autolites fir the run.
    ----JUICE----

I wonder if I can get a 4bbl from jegs and install it in a week? I have to wire the Map, and install the injectors that idk will fit the kegger. I got 42lb, 3in/ 74mm long with 14.5 o rings EV1 connector. Well see this weekend.
    ----JUICE----

Default Map sensor

I'm using a MAP sensor from Acdelco (reliable). There was allot of wrong information out there so I'm going to clear some stuff up after doing days of research.

I got an Acdelco 2 bar GM Map Sensor. The pin outs are:

A- ground
    B- signal voltage
    C- 5 volts

My 99 Dakota RT came with:

Pin 1- BK/BU = GROUND
    Pin 2- GN/RD = SIGNAL
    Pin 3- VT/WH = 5V

SO ALL I DID WAS:

1=A, 2=B, 3=C

I looked at a couple sites and service manuals and noticed that PIN 3 was labeled as OR, maybe for another year? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    ----JUICE----

Status

All the previous threads on wiring in the 2 bar map sensor were correct for me, no problems.
    HI. I like beer, burnouts, and boobies...

Default Update again..

Well, just a couple posts here and at DAK/DUR had them backwards and wanted to clarify in case someone is doing this and wondering who is right.

I installed the new MAP and the new Bosch 42 lb injectors.....that I found out after looking at them and noticing there wasn't a Bosch logo that they were knock off's F**K... now i'm wonder if they'll be ok, I need them for next Saturday. Screw eBay, it said BOSCH 42lb EV1 Style, if you don't look careful you'll get screwed. I'm wondering if can return them?
    ----JUICE----

one bad rt build, keep it up bro cant wit to see some vids

Haven't got the tune yet but it's running like shit and not making boost! I swapped to 42lb injectors, map sensor and spark plugs all at the same time. It went from too lean to super rich. Maybe that's why it's sputtering and sounds like crap. I still don't know why I can't pass 0 on my gauge for boost. The wastegates are not hot or throwing exaughst so I ruled out that they're open. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas.
    ----JUICE----

Status

Turbos are spinning? Checked the tubing to the gauge? No loose couplers anywhere? That's all I can think of

They do spin, it'll increase at vacuum but stops at 0 at WOT. Checked the lines and couldn't see anything disconnected. I'll check again tomorrow.
    ----JUICE----

The engine is running like crap/ too rich. I need the tune but im still concerned that it doesn't pass 0. It's a AEM digital gauge, ill try pumping psi with my compressor directly to the gauge to rule out the gauge being defective.
    ----JUICE----

Status

Sounds like an indication problem... who is doing the tuning again? Get that thing running clean there is no reason TWO turbos shouldnt be making boost.
    HI. I like beer, burnouts, and boobies...

Chris from PIE, yeah once it gets a decent tune we'll see. Could be that gauge is connected at the wrong spot, maybe the BOV as well. I have the a vacuum tree connecting BOV, Boost Gauge, Break Booster,and the line that goes inside the firewall together. I'm going to do some diagnosing today after work.
    ----JUICE----

It lives... I got my first rev from Chris and it idles better... still too rich but better. While doing my run I saw 4lbs of boost and checked and I got some leaks at the intercooler and will recheck everything again. Im gojng to use tire tube to fill since my clamps are as tight as they can go. What a f'in difference can wait to see above 10lbs!
    ----JUICE----

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by salcedo1319 View Post
    It lives... I got my first rev from Chris and it idles better... still too rich but better. While doing my run I saw 4lbs of boost and checked and I got some leaks at the intercooler and will recheck everything again. Im gojng to use tire tube to fill since my clamps are as tight as they can go. What a f'in difference can wait to see above 10lbs!
    Bonus!!

Let's see some pics of the final install

Josh - 98 BLK RC - Mad Milkshake Maker
    Previous
    99 BLK RC - Mad Trash Hauler - sold
    99 DA RC - mad dak - Danno Stole it
    01 SLVR RC - mad sexy - retired - then died
    99 IB RC - mad RT - gone to heaven..

Former Certified member of the 11 Second NA RT Club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast