+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue R/T parked in downtown Providence yesterday, any one we know?

Default Blue R/T parked in downtown Providence yesterday, any one we know?

Parked on the street in middle of downtown Providence was a nice blue R/T with a reflexions cowl hood and black R/T wheels. Wondering if it's owned by anyone from here. Don't remember looking but I'm pretty sure it had Rhode Island plates on it.

Was it a cc by any chance?

Yes, it was and it had the stripe treatment on the rear side of the bed with the mopar logo on it.

Quote Originally Posted by spence340 View Post
    Yes, it was and it had the stripe treatment on the rear side of the bed with the mopar logo on it.
    5 years ago, a gentleman 3 miles down the road from me sold his R/T shortly after his wife passed away. Can't recall if it had stripes on it . It was a blue cc. He was 78 years old at the time and hardly drove it. He sold it to a guy two towns over. It was always garaged. Had something like 20K miles on it and was in pristine, original shape.

Funny because about 5 years ago I was talking to a guy on craigslist about his blue R/T he had for sale and he wanted $4500 for it which was more than I had to spend and he wouldn't budge. It was a regular cab though because I remember him stating that because it was an RC that it was worth more because they were fairly rare. As I recall it was stock except for a dual exhaust system and I think he was just south of Warwick RI. There has also been a low mileage gray metallic R/T (03, I think) on craigslist from RI that was modified and mint but was going for over 10K.

Funny because about 5 years ago I was talking to a guy on craigslist about his blue R/T he had for sale and he wanted $4500 for it which was more than I had to spend and he wouldn't budge. It was a regular cab though because I remember him stating that because it was an RC that it was worth more because they were fairly rare. As I recall it was stock except for a dual exhaust system and I think he was just south of Warwick RI. There has also been a low mileage gray metallic R/T (03, I think) on craigslist from RI that was modified and mint but was going for over 10K.
    I paid 12.9 K for mine a year and a half ago. It had about 4K worth of stuff that I certainly paid extra for in it but no cam, heads or manifold changes. 36K miles on it. When I finish with it, it, it'll have another 4K in it. Doubt I'd ever be able to get 18 or 19 unless I garage it for another 20 years.

Ha! Maybe that was the one I was looking at, is it Graphite Metallic? It must be fun to pull up in a "new" fifteen year old truck and blow minds, particularly here in the northeast where most Dodges are rot boxes.

Ha! Maybe that was the one I was looking at, is it Graphite Metallic? It must be fun to pull up in a "new" fifteen year old truck and blow minds, particularly here in the northeast where most Dodges are rot boxes.
    Nope..mine's black. I wonder how these trucks would look with Candy Apple Root Beer as a paint job

+ Reply to Thread