+ Reply to Thread

Thread: quik question?

Status

Default quik question?

Ok i know its been asked a million times, i have been trying to run down and get an O2 bung welded in for my lm2 sensor, well i happen to glance at it while dropping the oil and changing the filter and i see my post cat O2 sensor in there, now to remind you i have one in each header then that one installed and the last one with a fastman simm, can i just put that one on the frame also?

What year is your truck?

99 R/T under the knife
    98 Cavalier - DD

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44229656@N05/

Status

its a 99, i have been doing a search and it does say that i need that post cat installed!

If you have a cat, you might as well leave the post cat sensor in the pipe. If you dont have a cat, then hang the last sensor from the frame, and feel free to use that bung for the data logger.

Don't put the data loggers sensor after a cat, though, and for accuracies sake, the closer to the collector the better.

Drops panties faster than any R/T

Status

no cats, the very last O2 has a simm, i believe the one im talking about is the precat right? its been awhile, i eliminated them almost since new!

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    no cats, the very last O2 has a simm, i believe the one im talking about is the precat right? its been awhile, i eliminated them almost since new!
    I thought 99's had 3 O2's? Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, if you have an O2 sim and it's working for you, just leave it alone.

For the data logger, if you have an open bung- use it! The closer to the collectors the better, but it's not a huge deal. As long as there's no cat before the sensor, you're good to go

Status

yea 4, one on each header, then the 3rd on pass. side and the 4th one on the frame with a simm, i was asking about removing the 3rd one and using the bung but that will be a no go!

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    yea 4, one on each header, then the 3rd on pass. side and the 4th one on the frame with a simm, i was asking about removing the 3rd one and using the bung but that will be a no go!
    Ok, yeah, if you have a pre cat sensor, it stays in the pipe. But if you don't have a cat, the fourth bung should work fine for the LM2.

Status

Thing is the exhaust guy didnt put one in,sucka!

If you need a bung put in a tight place, call Sharp's in Moxee. Dave can cut and weld in bungs in places you wouldn't think possible. Best exhaust guy around without a doubt.
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

Status

The only guy who has done my exhaust numerous of times! the best in the whole valley! i recommend him to everyone! i just need to keep this thing running long enough to take it to him, since hes always out racing snowmobiles!

Yeah, he's tough to track down sometimes
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

Status

Yea, plus me getting a day off when its running is almost impossible! maybe this time though, hoping to have the intake this week, monicatti has been sending my intake everyday! maybe tomorrow it will ship out,4th week already!

+ Reply to Thread