+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HiPoTek O2 Sensor Holster

Supporting Vendor

Status

Default HiPoTek O2 Sensor Holster

The HiPoTek O2 Sensor Holster may be used to secure an O2 sensor outside of the exhaust system when desired. For instance, this allows for the removal of the catalytic converter for racing purposes, while still maintaining a functioning post cat O2 sensor as far as the ECU/PCM is concerned. The O2 sensor holster can be mounted in many places, and most conveniently within the frame rail. It is a clean and effective method of securing a functioning and heated O2 sensor, which will protect the sensor from the elements and track debris. The HiPoTek O2 Sensor Holster is a clean and secure alternative to the practice of wrapping the sensor in aluminum foil, within a baggie, that is zip tied to the frame. "For off road use only". (O2 sensor not included.)

http://stores.hi-potek.com/hipotek-o2-sensor-holster/

HiPoTek O2 Sensor Holster

HiPoTek O2 Sensor Holster With O2 Sensor

HiPoTek O2 Sensor Holster Installed Within Frame Rail
    Last edited by 98Dak408; 07-13-2016 at 10:58 AM.

DRTC Member #1146

Status

That's a great idea! Nice work Richard

2002 Flame Red RC R/T
    272 RWHP 315 ft/lb TQ
    218/226 Comp Cam, Stage 1 Ported EQ Heads, PRW 1.6 Roller Rockers, PIE Custom Tune, Full spintech exhaust with 3" side exit, 52mm Holley, Ported Kegger, Viper E-Fan, Powerdemon Trans, Hotchkis Springs, Leafs and Sway Bars, R/T 20's, Gen 3 viper seats, Custom "Rejected" State Inspection Sticker
    Plenty More to come

Supporting Vendor

Status

That's a great idea! Nice work Richard
    Thanks man! I'm getting ready to fabricate a new exhaust for my truck and figured I could use one myself.

Blown and Squirted

Status

You might want to remove mention of the CEL or error codes in the description. The feds have been cracking down in recent years.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

WhiteTrash&LiLOrangeFuror

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Five9Dak View Post
    You might want to remove mention of the CEL or error codes in the description. The feds have been cracking down in recent years.
    Or, "off road use only"
    Fu·ror noun \ˈfyu̇r-ˌȯr, -ər\ : an angry or maniacal fit

Supporting Vendor

Status

Or, "off road use only"
    Thanks for the input on the description guys!

Genius, yet so simple..

Awesome job Richard!!
    Colby
    DRTC#1159
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve '02CC View Post
    Was this an autocorrect error or are you referring to plugging $1 bills up their colon so that they can't poop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    Who R/T'd in your Wheaties?

Status

I hate to be a downer on this pretty brilliant idea, but 18mm Spark plug anti-foulers in the O2 bungs work just as good and keeps your O2 looking like it's in the exhaust still.

Prior to me finding out the anti-fouler trick though I would have been all over this.

Also a free bump to Richard for the 8 AN fuel rails and other peices I ordered from him. Very top notch stuff! and damn I wish my Kenne Bell didn't hide the fuel rails as much as it does because of how pretty they look.
    01 RC R/T Dakota
    KB Twin screw top mount,Modman Indy intake, (\/)opar Headers, Eddie heads+Cam+1.72 RR, 4 Link(QA1's), Hotchkis coils, Tubular C-Arms, SRT10 Wheels(18's&19's), 2x68mm SRT10 TB, Borla Mufflers w/o cats, MSD ign.

Supporting Vendor

Status

I hate to be a downer on this pretty brilliant idea, but 18mm Spark plug anti-foulers in the O2 bungs work just as good and keeps your O2 looking like it's in the exhaust still.

Prior to me finding out the anti-fouler trick though I would have been all over this.

Also a free bump to Richard for the 8 AN fuel rails and other peices I ordered from him. Very top notch stuff! and damn I wish my Kenne Bell didn't hide the fuel rails as much as it does because of how pretty they look.
    I’m glad you found something that seems to work for you in your situation. A 5.2/5.9 Dakota can operate without the cat, with the pre-cat and post-cat O2 sensors plumbed directly into the exhaust, without any visible problem. (Of course, circumstances may vary). The HiPoTek O2 Sensor Holster is intended for an application such as a custom or racing exhaust, where the pre-cat and/or post-cat O2 sensor is not intended or needed in the exhaust.

+ Reply to Thread