Thread: My experience ...

Hybrid View

Banned

Status

Default My experience ...

...has been nothing but a joy!

I've been working with him for a year now, so I have some substantial experience with him. I might even be one of the first from this site to deal with him.

To start, Ryan's personality is spot on. He is straight up & personable. He says it like it is and means what he says. When we first formally introduced each other, he told me some of his background and past experience with the auto enthusiast world. Being involved myself for the past 10 years or so, I can tell someone who know's their stuff after a conversation or two, and he is certainly knowledgeable!

Now, my experience with his tuning has been great. He's been extremely thorough...as a matter of fact I don't think you can be more thorough with an SCT on a JTEC DCX. We started talking about our goals, and where the engine and drivetrain was at. After further analyzing, we discovered my PCM was one of those unlucky "death flash" ones....no wonder it was running like utter dogs#!t. So we started with a base tune for a stock PCM with my year/options and went from there. The stock tune without the "death flash" was already an awesome improvement. I was so happy that day, I vividly remember how excited I was once I uploaded it. He giggled and told me he didn't do much but give me a stock tune, but it already was an improvement from the "death flash" . He even taught me how to program my ScanGauge II with coding, I had no clue before hand how to do it, but he called me up one day and we went through it and programmed it. We went through every aspect of the tuning process. He paid attention and tweaked as needed to accomplish our goals. He also guided me in the right direction as far as which wide-band setups are available. As I type this, I have a thorough library of ~20 tunes for my truck, all a notch more aggressive than the other. This was done in order to create his library of standards as well from what I understand. We are also working on a way to remove EVAP from 01'-03' R/Ts.

My truck is only in use in the warm summer months, so we've been on pause since November, but we have already discussed some changes we're going to make as soon as the weather permits.

Overall, I am very happy and I personally recommend him to anyone in need (already have to a few people). He's not only a "tuner" or a "porter", he is also considered a good friend. He's been a huge contributor to my build and without Ryan my truck wouldn't drive like it does now. He is THE MAN!
    Last edited by Dakota RT; 03-20-2013 at 06:31 PM.

www.dakotart.com

Status

" He giggled "

I've heard this comment before.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Turbo View Post
    " He giggled "

You weren't reading 50 shades of gray were you???....
    99 R/T RC IB
    Megasquirt II
    53%
    The eternal realist, If you don't like what I have to say put me on your ignore list

Muscle Of Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Turbo View Post
    " He giggled "

LMFAO! Giggles like a woman too.

Status

Thanks, Anthony.
    RYAN/TUNED

Got questions?!? Get the answers ->>> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...estions-thread
    For fastest response please text or email at ryan@frptuning.com ,please no PM's!!!