+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Custom HiPoTek 5.2/5.9 Magnum Big Bore Throttle Bodies

Supporting Vendor

Status

Default Custom HiPoTek 5.2/5.9 Magnum Big Bore Throttle Bodies

Custom HiPoTek Big Bore OEM Magnum Throttle Bodies are currently available for the V6 (3.9L) and V8 (5.2/5.9/390Stroker/408 Stroker) Magnum engines. They are precision machined on a mill and lathe which provides true and identical matching bores that can't be obtained modifying the throttle body by hand. They are available with a smooth taper bore, are radiused at the top, the throttle shaft is milled on both sides for increased flow, both sides of the throttle shaft are retained to prevent flexing or possible breakage while under boost, they utilize low profile stainless steel button head throttle plate screws, the butterfly plates are custom machined (not stamped) from T6061 aluminum, have the correct screw hole offset, the correct distance between mounting screws, the correct angle at the margins, and are set with the correct clearance in relation to the desired bore diameter, with the correct elliptical shape to perfectly fit the modified OEM throttle body. I can also machine a custom size TB upon special request. Comes with gasket and low profile streamlined button head screws.

53mm Throttle Body

52mm Throttle Body

52mm Throttle Body

52mm Throttle Body

You can also ship me your throttle body for modifications or buy a unit outright plus the core charge. If you later send me your throttle body (identical to what you bought in good, usable, unmodified condition, and without damage) I will refund the core charge once I have received your core and am assured it is usable, unmodified, and without damage. I will check the condition right away and issue an immediate $30 refund if it fits the criteria mentioned above.

Descriptions:

50mm TB: The 50mm throttle body is recommended for 5.2/5.9 stock or towing. Better performance throughout the entire rpm range. Also great for a modified 3.9L V6.

http://stores.hi-potek.com/50mm-perf...agnum-1996-03/

52mm TB: The 52mm throttle body is recommended for the 5.2 modified and 5.9 mild to modified with camshaft and head upgrades, performance intake, etc. Works well with light to moderate boost. Also 390/408 stroker towing. A good balance between low end torque and high rpm power with great midrange. A good street/strip throttle body.

http://stores.hi-potek.com/52mm-perf...agnum-1996-03/

53mm TB: The 53mm throttle body is recommended for highly modified 5.9 or 390/408 stroker with higher performance camshaft, ported big valve heads, performance intake…or with boost. Really produces great midrange and high rpm power. No problem with lower rpm torque providing your combination is set up correctly with gear and stall convertor. A great racing throttle body.

http://stores.hi-potek.com/53mm-perf...agnum-1996-03/

Vid: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbkwFjqnzfE"]Dual 52mm Throttle Body Tunnel Ram - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by 98Dak408; 07-13-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Banned

Status

Amazing Richard! You are truely doin a great job for this community.

I already have a 52mm on my stock motor and a 4bbl for my motor build, but have two questions.

1 - Where do you get or can you send me a set of those TB bolts? I cannot find those button head allen bolts locally for the life of me.

2 - Would you be able to bore my 4bbl TB and make new plates for it if I need to in the future?

Supporting Vendor

Status

Amazing Richard! You are truely doin a great job for this community.
    Thanks Russ!

I already have a 52mm on my stock motor and a 4bbl for my motor build, but have two questions.

1 - Where do you get or can you send me a set of those TB bolts? I cannot find those button head allen bolts locally for the life of me.

2 - Would you be able to bore my 4bbl TB and make new plates for it if I need to in the future?
    1. I sell them on my website at the following link: http://stores.hi-potek.com/3-9-5-2-5-9/

2. I would consider it when the time comes. Which 4-bbl TB do you have?
    Last edited by 98Dak408; 12-30-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Banned

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Thanks Russ!

1. I sell them on my website at the following link: http://stores.hi-potek.com/3-9-5-2-5-9/

2. I would consider it when the time comes. Which 4-bbl TB do you have?
    Mopar billet aluminum one, I'll get you the part number if you'd like.

They're made just like OEM ones. It would be a really easy job for you. But only if I have to get it to flow more than 1000 cfm would I be contacting you
    Last edited by 98Dak408; 12-30-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Blown and Squirted

Status

I would be surprised if you couldn't find low profile fastners for this use on mcmaster.com, but I have not looked for you.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Supporting Vendor

Status

I would be surprised if you couldn't find low profile fastners for this use on mcmaster.com, but I have not looked for you.
    Probably. But you have to pay for their minimum quantity and shipping, and that can add up.

Status

any flow numbers on the 52mm?

Supporting Vendor

Status

any flow numbers on the 52mm?
    Sorry, I don’t have any flow numbers. Flow numbers can be confusing and not necessarily accurate. Not all flow benches are the same or measured at the same pressure drop. Some throttle bodies are called 52mm when they are actually 51.75mm. Or, a 50mm TB is actually 51mm, the flow numbers are from a 51mm TB, and those numbers are then assigned as a 50mm TB. Others advertising their throttle bodies, with minimal work and refinements, low-ball the price (since they don’t have as much time, expense, and refinements into them) then compare theirs with the better throttle bodies, and use the advertised flow numbers from the better throttle bodies as their own. Others may have fantastic claims on a throttle body that may seem questionable at best. However, not all 52mm throttle bodies are created equally, that’s for sure.
    Last edited by 98Dak408; 11-01-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Just added the HiPoTek 50mm and 52mm throttle body for the 1994-1995 Dodge Magnum to the HiPoTek website:

http://stores.hi-potek.com/50mm-perf...agnum-1994-95/

http://stores.hi-potek.com/52mm-perf...agnum-1994-95/

Last edited by 98Dak408; 12-30-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Although this style throttle body has been available for years through HiPoTek, I just added the HiPoTek 50mm and 52mm V8 throttle body for the 1992-1993 Dodge Magnum to the HiPoTek website:

Shown is the HiPoTek 50mm throttle body.

http://stores.hi-potek.com/50mm-perf...agnum-1992-93/

http://stores.hi-potek.com/52mm-perf...agnum-1992-93/
    Last edited by 98Dak408; 12-30-2013 at 10:03 PM.

What type of HP gains will this add? The BBK 52mm says 10-14hp. How does this compare? I'd be adding in on top of an M1 2bbl with Spintech mids/2.5" true duals. I don't have the M1 yet.
    2000 BK RC R/T (1 of 321)

M1 2bbl, HiPotek 52mm tb, HS 1.7 RR's, K&N CAI, 2800 PATC Stall, Flyin' Ryan tuned, Spintech mid length headers, Spintech 2.5" true dual exhaust, no cats, x-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers dumped before rear axle, Hotchkis sway bars, Belltech Street Performance shocks, Belltech leaf springs.

Supporting Vendor

Status

What type of HP gains will this add? The BBK 52mm says 10-14hp. How does this compare? I'd be adding in on top of an M1 2bbl with Spintech mids/2.5" true duals. I don't have the M1 yet.
    I don’t have HP claims since the level of performance can vary depending upon over all modifications. Some refinements that the HiPoTek TB has to enhance air flow above others are:
    1. Generous and uniform machined radius at the top of the throttle body leading into the bores.
    2. A tapered bore between the generous radius at the top and final bore at the bottom. This extra procedure enhances air flow as a multi-angled valve job would provide in a cylinder head.
    3. The throttle plates are machined out of 6061 aluminum with the correct elliptical shape and proper angle at the margins, along with clearances set to enhance IAC control.
    4. The throttle shaft is machined on both sides to retain strength under boosted conditions as well as improve air flow, along with stainless steel button head screws.
    5. The ears that hold the air filter in place are retained for a proper seal since they don’t detract from air flow. The two ears next to the throttle bores are machined for added clearance to enhance air flow.

Status

Like Richard says "it depends on the mods an engine has, as too HP gained". A modified stock style TB can be every bit as good as a billet unit, IMHO. I started porting these by hand back in 2001 when you couldn't get anything other than a $500 F&B for our engines. I saw very good results. I got my R/T into the 13's with stock heads/cam, Mopar headers, modified kegger & ported 50mm TB.
    Richard does a beautiful job on his TB's!
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

+ Reply to Thread