+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 338 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 8434

Thread: What did you do to your R/T today?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by y2krtaf View Post
    Huge congrats!

My “96 is 318 5 spd,power windows and locks,with buckets and console.Mines sitting at 240K miles though.

They are stupid fun trucks!
    I've always loved your Gen2. Quick question, I think I remember you doing Belltech spindles. I have heard mixed review on them, with a lot of people getting bad bump steer with wider tires. How is the bump steer on your truck, and what size front tires.

2012 Grand Cherokee Limited Wife's car - 4X4, Hemi
    2003 Dakota RT RC, Hughes intake and throttle body, D1SC Procharger, 5-speed
    2009 Challenger RT, 6-speed, sportlines, x-pipe, Dynatech mufflers.

Supporting Vendor

Status

X-brace!!!!!!!!!!!

They need one in the worst way! Such flexy fliers...
    That is definitely on the list.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 2dakotas View Post
    I've always loved your Gen2. Quick question, I think I remember you doing Belltech spindles. I have heard mixed review on them, with a lot of people getting bad bump steer with wider tires. How is the bump steer on your truck, and what size front tires.
    It was horrible!!!!! and down right dangerous at speed,you literally steered the truck twice in a corner,and you better be quick and money or it could get ugly fast!

I took them off and tossed em in the trash.I wound up cutting one coil off the stock springs and it sits and rides perfect with the belltech street shocks on the nose.One coil allows me to run 255/50/17’s on the nose with no rubbing issues,I did roll the fender lip to make sure.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    That is definitely on the list.

Good to hear man,because I would be sending cash your way right now if it was available!

Status

It was horrible!!!!! and down right dangerous at speed,you literally steered the truck twice in a corner,and you better be quick and money or it could get ugly fast!

I took them off and tossed em in the trash.I wound up cutting one coil off the stock springs and it sits and rides perfect with the belltech street shocks on the nose.One coil allows me to run 255/50/17’s on the nose with no rubbing issues,I did roll the fender lip to make sure.
    Thanks for the input. That actually pretty much made my mind up now. I want something a little stiffer than stock springs, so I've been eyeing the belltech springs to get the drop and a little better handling. I also want to upgrade the front sway and add a rear sway.

Status

Thanks for the input. That actually pretty much made my mind up now. I want something a little stiffer than stock springs, so I've been eyeing the belltech springs to get the drop and a little better handling. I also want to upgrade the front sway and add a rear sway.
    No idea how much better the Belltech springs would be than stock....never could find what they are rated.

There is no better front bar offered that I could find than stock for the front.Adding one to the rear makes a nice difference.I used the addco rear bar since it mounts to the frame instead of the rear diff so as not to add unsprung weight.

Shocks truly made the biggest difference,and of all the ones I’ve tried,the Belltech streets have been great.
    Last edited by y2krtaf; 07-17-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Status

No idea how much better the Belltech springs would be than stock....never could find what they are rated.

There is no better front bar offered that I could find than stock for the front.Adding one to the rear makes a nice difference.I used the addco rear bar since it mounts to the frame instead of the rear diff so as not to add unsprung weight.

Shocks truly made the biggest difference,and of all the ones I’ve tried,the Belltech streets have been great.
    Thanks for all the info.

Status

I looked at the engine bay, then the 91* on the thermometer and walked away! DOH!
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Supporting Vendor

Status

Doing a cam swap so I figured I’d clean up my Eddy head ports a little more. I started roughing out the exhaust ports to make them a little bigger and smoother: Further reduced and smoothed the valve guide boss, improved the short turn radius with a more gradual radius, enlarged and cleaned up the bowl area, enlarged the overall port, created a smoother transition from the seat into the bowl, and raised the roof for a straighter flow path. The next step is smoothing out with tootsie rolls.

Last edited by 98Dak408; 07-24-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Status

Keep looking a the temp,and saying fuck it to working on it...

Have a convertor to put in and Richards trans crossmember and X-Brace to get done on it..

Supposed to be 117 today Uh....No

Status

Not an RT, but I picked this jewel up yesterday. 94, 318, 5 speed, power windows and locks, bucket seats, and console. It has 127k miles, and I got it for $2300.

Attachment 14993
    Attachment 14994
    I miss my 94 CC 318 5 speed more than any vehicle I have owned

Status

Keep looking a the temp,and saying fuck it to working on it...

Have a convertor to put in and Richards trans crossmember and X-Brace to get done on it..

Supposed to be 117 today Uh....No
    I can relate, were right behind you.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Supporting Vendor

Status

Smoothed out the exhaust ports

Started roughing out intake ports and hit some areas with 40# roll. After I check everything again and go over some more with 40#, I’ll finish with 80# rolls. Reduced the valve guide boss, enlarged the bowl, blended the seats into the bowl, Enlarged port overall, reduced head bolt bulge, and thinned pushrod pinch point to approx. .055. Final work will reduce the wall thickness to about .045. The pushrod pinch point was also blended with a greater radius.

I killed Goose

Status

Stop dicking around with your own crap and get back to work on the control arms!
    Just kidding, nice work Richard.

But WTF is up with that rod welded to the digital caliper?

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Supporting Vendor

Status

Stop dicking around with your own crap and get back to work on the control arms!
    Just kidding, nice work Richard.
    Keep running into set backs Rob but I'll keep pluggin' away at it. lol

But WTF is up with that rod welded to the digital caliper?
    I modified a set of calipers several years ago that allow me to accurately check the pushrod pinch point area to make sure I don’t punch through. And the funky sock-sandal in the last pic is a broken toe as I recall.

I killed Goose

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Keep running into set backs Rob but I'll keep pluggin' away at it. lol

I modified a set of calipers several years ago that allow me to accurately check the pushrod pinch point area to make sure I don’t punch through. And the funky sock-sandal in the last pic is a broken toe as I recall.

I see. Thats pretty slick. I could only see the one rod welded to the caliper in the first picture and i couldn't imagine what good that would do.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Home School Valedictorian

Status

This is not so much what I did to the truck as it is, what I did with it. Over the weekend my wife and I did a quick out to Denver for a concert and back to IA road trip. I had planned this a while back, when I replaced the OE fuel pump earlier in the year as a precautionary measure.
    Anyhoo, The first leg of the trip was Thursday evening to Kearney NE. The gas mileage was 18.5 mpg with a bit of a head wind and the AC on, which surprised me, I was hoping to see 17. The next morning we headed on to Denver, starting early in the morning, no air until the last 80 miles or so, the mpg's picked up to 20+, even better. Then Sunday morning on the first leg of the return, we knocked down 22 mpg, I was thrilled The remainder of the trip home was better than 20. These were all at speeds of 75-80 mph.

This is the first extended trip my truck has been on since the last drive to Denver back in 2011. I am completely surprised by the mileage, I believe most of the credit for the mileage has to be given to Flyin Ryan for the tune I got a couple of years ago. He based this tune off of other trucks he's done, with similar modifications, since I couldn't get it to a dyno for data logging.

The truck performed flawlessly, got a few compliments, and was generally fun to be driving again on a road trip. Now I am thinking this may be the start of more road trips in the Dakota. Although, some different seats would be nice. The OE's lack any kind of lumbar support.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Over the past 2 days,finally got around to putting the 2800 stall in as well as Richards awesome trans crossmembr and X-Brace.

Haven’t driven it other than down the street to leak check it so not sure how the convertor feels yet or the X-Brace.

Richards parts are truly top notch though!!

Huge thanks for that!!

Great fit and complete with all the hardware.Could not be more pleased with the quality of the parts,and can’t wait to put them to the test!

GPz550 Addict

Status

Over the past 2 days, finally got around to putting the 2800 stall in as well as Richards awesome trans crossmembr and X-Brace.

Haven’t driven it other than down the street to leak check it so not sure how the convertor feels yet or the X-Brace.

Richards parts are truly top notch though!!

Huge thanks for that!!

Great fit and complete with all the hardware. Could not be more pleased with the quality of the parts, and can’t wait to put them to the test!
    I have had great experience working with Richard as well. He replies to my e-mails very quickly too, and gives great advice based on my needs.

Any pictures of the install? Pros or cons? Hints that might help others, or is it all just self-explanatory.
    DRTC #1176

2000 Bright White CC (1/553)
    Dyno'ed 07/05/13 (126,000 Miles) 230 Hp / 308 Tq
    14.6 @ 93 mph (2.18 60 ft.), 4130 lbs.(1/2 tank gas)
    Truck Pictures --> http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Clough/Dakota/

1985 Kawasaki GPz550
    2003 SV650S (Race)
    1973 W100 Powerwagon

Mater: I don’t need to know where I’m goin’, I just need to know where I been!

Status

Didn’t take any pictures since I didn’t have it really high enough to get good pictures.

The install is very straight forward by the instructions.I was surprised though since Dodge different usually has a wrinkle of some kind.

But again,hats off to Richard for making parts that fit and work!!

I have to redo my crossover pipe for my exhaust,so maybe once I get it in to do that,I’ll try and snap some pictures.

Today i fixed my JBA y pipe.now it has a 90 degree turn by the transmission pan to the driver side header. i can now change my pan whitout removing my y pipe and i can put an aftermarket aluminium pan easy . and my truck drives much much better now . the whole exhaust system hangs free.it doesn' t rub against parts/frame also now the jba y pipe fits perfect on the gibson headers and also perfect on my maganflow cat and borla catback exhaust its just a perfect fit . i was fighting this problem for a long long time now

"Bleach Master"

Status

put the air cleaner on it last night, technically this morning because after midnight.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

Finally . It's in, but the flange on the right down tube needs to be clocked to install the exhaust .
    Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    This is not so much what I did to the truck as it is, what I did with it. Over the weekend my wife and I did a quick out to Denver for a concert and back to IA road trip. I had planned this a while back, when I replaced the OE fuel pump earlier in the year as a precautionary measure.
    Anyhoo, The first leg of the trip was Thursday evening to Kearney NE. The gas mileage was 18.5 mpg with a bit of a head wind and the AC on, which surprised me, I was hoping to see 17. The next morning we headed on to Denver, starting early in the morning, no air until the last 80 miles or so, the mpg's picked up to 20+, even better. Then Sunday morning on the first leg of the return, we knocked down 22 mpg, I was thrilled The remainder of the trip home was better than 20. These were all at speeds of 75-80 mph.

This is the first extended trip my truck has been on since the last drive to Denver back in 2011. I am completely surprised by the mileage, I believe most of the credit for the mileage has to be given to Flyin Ryan for the tune I got a couple of years ago. He based this tune off of other trucks he's done, with similar modifications, since I couldn't get it to a dyno for data logging.

The truck performed flawlessly, got a few compliments, and was generally fun to be driving again on a road trip. Now I am thinking this may be the start of more road trips in the Dakota. Although, some different seats would be nice. The OE's lack any kind of lumbar support.
    This is awesome! I've been driving mine farther and farther away from home, with the hopes of eventually taking it on a full-fledged road trip once I fully trust it. Actually got a hand calculated 22.5mpg on my return trip from out of town this past weekend. I believe a majority of that can be attributed to the low cruising RPM thanks to the T56.

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chrgr340 View Post
    This is awesome! I've been driving mine farther and farther away from home, with the hopes of eventually taking it on a full-fledged road trip once I fully trust it. Actually got a hand calculated 22.5mpg on my return trip from out of town this past weekend. I believe a majority of that can be attributed to the low cruising RPM thanks to the T56.
    My wife was concerned that we would break down on the trip but as the miles racked up, she became more comfortable that there wouldn't be any problems. The truck is very well maintained and has less than 80k on it, but it is 19 years old. I'm undecided if I should, as a preventative measure, replace the cam and crank sensors. Otherwise I have no concerns taking it on the road.
    Part of the reason for the mileage I am getting, is from still running the OE 3.55's. I have been working on the wife to go along with the purchase of a Gear Vendors overdrive unit to be able to split some gears and have a double overdrive like most modern transmissions. Then I could install the 4.10's I have been sitting on.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 338 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 ... LastLast