+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Tips on pulling the engine...to speed up process.

Status
    Blog Entries

Remove 2 frt. hood bolts - back off 2 rear bolts use a hood prop of any kind to support hood,, you can almost stand straight up. just pull fan shroud put piece of plywood or double heavy cardboard in frt. of rad. to protect. On inner fender wells I used nut plates [expandable inserts] in case I wanted to pull fender wells later. Just a couple more tips. Waste of time pulling frt. clip ..

Status
    Blog Entries

Hood tip.. Easiest way to deal with hood is to remove 2 frt. bolts, loosen rear bolts and you can tip hood almost straight up and down, just make a prop rod out of wood or buy one from parts store..
    put a piece of heavy card board or preferred plywood in frt. of rad. to stop damage,, no need to remove it just remove fan,, plenty of clearance to re install..
    I locate an easy access trans bell hsg. bolt and make a dowel buy cutting head off a long bolt, give yourself as long as you can,, install much easier.. the rest is common sense.. I also remove fender wells and put nut plates on inner fender with bolts and washers,, also makes stuff easier down the road.. good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4