+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 DRTC National Meet

Status

Default 2010 DRTC National Meet

The 2010 Dakota R/T Club Nationals, "Keystone Kotas", will be held at the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals in Carlise, PA July 8-11, 2010.

Main Meet Site
    Carlisle Fairgrounds
    http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/eve...ler-nationals/

Map of Fairgrounds
    DRTC Central will be found under tent AA in the yellow section.

Meet Schedule

Thursday, July 8
    Arrive at host hotel. DRTC Registration will be available in the afternoon/evening. Exact times are TBA for now.

Friday, July 9
    Caravan to Carlisle Fairgrounds.
    Enjoy car show.

Saturday, July 10
    Official Show and Shine Day
    Pig Roast, awards, and prizes at 7pm at the host hotel.

Sunday, July 11
    Quick meet up at Fairgrounds for group pics.
    Check Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals list to see who won.
    Drive home.

Meet Fees
    $50 - Current DRTC Members
    $75 - Non-DRTC Members
    $31.25 - Banquet Guest Tickets

The meet fees include a meet t shirt, a banquet ticket, and a door prize ticket. All non-DRTC members will also receive a one year membership to the club. The normal $20 initiation fee will be waived to all that join as part of the meet!

Note: Meet fees will increase $10 if paid after June 21. This is the same day that Carlisle registration goes up $10 as well. Guest tickets for the banquet must be purchased by July 2. Payments can be made via Paypal or Check. Please check with the club prior to sending a check for who to make the check out to.

Host Hotel
    Holiday Inn Harrisburg West
    http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...mc/hoteldetail
    5401 Carlisle Pike
    Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
    Hotel Front Desk: 717-697-0321
    Room Rate: $115/night

Our block of rooms is under "Dodge Dakota R/T Club" for Thursday July 8 through Sunday July 11. You must call the hotel directly to get the club rate. DO NOT let them transfer you out to the reservation line! The reservation line will tell you that the block is full and will try to charge you $154/night!

3/04 - Note: I was told by the hotel today that we have now booked over 20 rooms. At some point they will stop honoring the club rate for rooms that are booked for Friday and Saturday Nights only. They will continue to honor the club rate for rooms booked Thursday-Saturday nights without issue.

After Hours Events:

Thursday, July 10

Kick-Off to Carlisle
    Hosted by Mopar Rebellion and held at CVM Dodge in Mechanicsburg. This is a free event held Thursday evening. Starts at 4pm. The dealer is located 4 miles west from the host hotel on 11.

FREE THURSDAY EVENING KICK-OFF TO CARLISLE
    Hosted By Mopar Rebellion at CVM Dodge

Get your weekend started on Thursday evening with the Kick-Off to Carlisle hosted by Mopar Rebellion and held at CVM Dodge in Mechanicsburg. The Kick-Off features raffles, door prizes, inexpensive food, music, great Mopars and more. It’s free for participants and spectators and it’s a great opportunity to socialize with your friends in a relaxed atmosphere. Check out www.MoparRebellion.com for more details and directions.

Friday, July 9

Williams Grove Speedway
    http://www.williamsgrove.com
    1 Speedway Drive
    Mechanicsburg, PA 17055

1/2 mile Dirt Track Racing
    410 & 358 Sprint Cars
    Racing starts at 8pm
    Pit Passes:$XX
    Regular Admission:$XX

1/8 mile Drag Racing
    Quarter Aces Dragway
    Boiling Springs, PA
    http://www.quarteracesdragway.com
    Spectators $12.00
    Gates open at 12:00P.M.
    No open header cars before 1:30 P.M.
    Open time runs 1:30 P.M - 3:00 P.M
    Qualifying 3:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
    Eliminations 6:00 P.M.
    Classes: (Super Pro, Pro, Street, Trophy)

This is a non-DRTC event. There will be no awards related to this event. Be prepared for it to be crowded.

Saturday, July 10

Banquet and Awards Ceremony

The Saturday night banquet and awards ceremony will be held at the host hotel from 7-9pm. Dinner itself will be a pig roast held under a tent in the hotel courtyard next to the pool. If you would like to bring a guest, the cost is $31.25 per guest. All registered attendees will be given one ticket for the door prize drawings to be held after dinner. Banquet guests do not receive a door prize ticket.

The ABSOLUTE LAST DAY for banquet tickets is July 2! No exceptions! If you try to order a ticket after then you'll end up sitting there watching the rest of us eat our pig roast at banquet time.

No outside beverages at the pig roast. Do not duck out and bring your own adult drinks back to the party. Hotel staff will be keeping an eye out. However you are free to go to one of the three hotel bars and purchase drinks which you can bring with you. This is the hotel policy, not mine. Sorry.

Banquet Menu:
    Whole Slow Roasted Pig with Bakery Fresh Sandwich Rolls, BBQ sauce, and a Chef Carving Attendant
    BBQ Chicken
    Homestyle Potato Salad
    Fresh Garden Salad with Assorted Dressings
    Baked Beans
    Corn on the Cob
    Cookies and Brownies
    Iced Tea, Lemonade, Coffee, Tea, Decaf

Autocross Racing

Sports Emporium
    http://www.carlislesportsemporium.com/gokarts.htm
    29 South Middlesex Road
    Carlisle, PA 17015
    (717) 258-4741

Racing 10pm-Midnight
    Last edited by mtlcafan79; 06-30-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Status

What to do for now:

1. Register with Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals
    http://store.carlisleevents.com/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=26
    Registration includes admission for one vehicle and two adults for the entire weekend. Cost is $40 from now until June 21. June 22 the fee goes up to $50. Admission at the gate is $10/person per day otherwise.

Note: If you are driving a non-Dakota vehicle please do not park it in the Dakota section! Last year we ran out of room and this year there will be even more people. Please register as soon as possible to guarantee us enough room on the show field. Make sure you choose "Dakota R/T Club" when registering. If we register enough people our tent will be even larger than last year.

For those not bringing a Dakota you have two options. You can park outside the gates and bum a ride with somebody that's driving solo, or you can park your Dodge/Chrysler vehicle elsewhere in the show field.

2. Book your hotel room.
    If you have not done so already, book your hotel room now! The hotels in the area fill up very quickly as the show gets closer. Our block is already overflowing. Extra rooms are available, but will run out eventually as the date draws closer.

3. Register for Meet
    http://dakotart.com/natmeet_payment.htm
    Last edited by mtlcafan79; 05-13-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Status

For all of you planning on going to the 2010 Carlisle National meet...

Now's the time to get pre-registered with the DRTC.

New for this year, the DRTC would like to offer to pay the meet fees for one lucky winner.

We will do this on, or after June 21st by a random drawing of all pre-registered people.

To qualify... Just pre-register and pay meet fees on or before June 21st.
    Your name will go into the drawing. (Guest names and DRTC execs and reps do not qualify for the drawing).
    Then on the 21st, we will draw a name at random.
    The winner will recieve a refund of DRTC meet fees for themselves and 1 guest (if they are bringing one).

This promotion is for the meet fees only... It does not include hotel or Carlisle fees.
    Meet fees go up $10 after June 21st, so if you haven't pre-registered yet, go here and get signed up !
    http://dakotart.com/natmeet_payment.htm
    Last edited by mtlcafan79; 05-17-2010 at 02:00 AM.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Status

Prize Listing:

So far we have door prizes from:

F&B Throttle Bodies - 2 TB's, 52 and 58
    Mike Moore - Billet Pieces
    Performance Injection Equipment - SCT Tuner with Tunes
    SinCity R/T - Dakota-Durango.com merch pack
    Hipo Tek- torque strap
    jim m (me111) - side skirts
    Wicked Nitrous (bttlefed) - nitrous kit
    B&G Chrysler - PCM Flash
    B&M Racing - Line Lock and Banner
    Billetpulleys.com - Fuel Rails/Caps
    Glen Rezoni - R/T Etched Mugs
    Rock Auto - Discount Coupons
    Harland Sharp - Gift Certificate (Roller Rockers)
    Corbeau - Apparel
    Melling - High Flow Oil Pump
    Lund - Tri-fold bed cover
    Hughes Engines - Three $100 dollar gift certificates, T shirts, stickers
    Innovate Motorsports - LM-2 Wideband Kit
    Spintech - Something also
    Durocher Auto Sales - MP Valve Covers w/gaskets, goody bags
    Flex-a-lite - 180 Fan
    Transgo - Shift Kit
    Calvert Racing - Gift Certificate for a set of Caltrac Bars, Couple Shirts, Brochures, and Stickers
    Black Cat Custom - 2 $60 dollar gift certificates
    Snow Performance - T-Shirts
    Summit Racing Banner and Stickers

More prizes to follow.
    Last edited by BryanRT360; 06-29-2010 at 01:49 AM.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mtlcafan79 View Post
    What to do for now:

1. Register with Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals
    http://store.carlisleevents.com/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=26
    Registration includes admission for one vehicle and two adults for the entire weekend. Cost is $40.

Please register as soon as possible to guarantee us enough room on the show field. Make sure you choose "Dakota R/T Club" when registering.

I'm going to point this out and emphasize that the sooner the better. Last year was my first year so I didn't know any better, but in the event that any of you reading this will be coming for your first time...now you can't say you didn't know. We struggled to get 25 to register on time last year, and coincidentally we were about out of room last year on Saturday with less than 30 trucks present. Hopefully we can crush that number this year. People were parking close to one another and at funny angles. It's not going to be fun having to compete for a spot or being left out because there's literally no room.

REGISTER ASAP, YES it IS important! A lot of you were slacking on reserving a hotel room which was FREE! I can only imagine that paying 40 bucks to register for the show right now is also on the back burner which is only going to hurt us come July 9.

Status

Haha, wow. I guess that's one way to put it. The sooner the better with Carlisle registration. The earlier we get more people signed up, the more space they will give us in the show field.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Got Beer?

Status

Registered,

They have the club on the drop down menu for the clubs.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Status
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ADakotaRTGuy View Post
    Registered,

They have the club on the drop down menu for the clubs.
    X4 get it out of the way and help get us a bigger tent and MORE ROOM at one time Dakota R/T's where on or close to the main show feild not the "Back Hill's" we have been for last 5+ years ..

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Status

I just booked a room and they tried to transfer me but I explained that he can't... after he got all of my info he said the reason that other people are having trouble is because we are over our number for the block and they are close to sold out ..... sean you might want to call and check???? Also we are under dodge dakota r/t... if you say dakota r/t they have a hard time finding the rate.....

Are we doing any racing at all??? Autox or dragstrip? Why don't we try to get 2hours of track time bfore the night racing??? Like 3pm-5pm it would be less since their staff will only have to come in a lil early??? Or maybe Sunday autox? Scca has to have some people near harrisburg....

Just a thought...
    NICK

Status

We know about the hotel. The block filled up in two days. Not much I can do if the hotel sells out. I've tried to tell people to book a room ASAP. They snooze they lose. I can't stress it enough. Get your hotel room now!

There is officially no racing at all. Friday night you can go visit the podunk 1/8 mile strip and wait in line for hours for two passes. I'll be at the sprint car race. Saturday night is our "autocross" session at Sports Emporium.

Sunday I have left as a travel day for everyone. Autocross was going to be an hour and a half away, or $55/head. I didn't think either one of those was a good option.

This is not going to be a traditional three day SnS, Drag, and AutoX meet. There will be plenty to do all weekend without trying to do other things on top of it. People can come and go to whatever events they would like. Other than the banquet, the rest of the weekend is really up to everyone how they want to spend it.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Status

How many rooms were in the block?
    NICK

Got Beer?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PHILLYRT View Post
    How many rooms were in the block?
    10 orignally, now its just based on availablity for the hotel.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Status

We only went with ten because we were financially obligated to pay for all 30 room nights if for some reason we didn't fill them on all three nights. I didn't want to commit to anything more than that in case for some strange reason nobody wanted to stay there Thrusday night. Shortly after that the Host Hotel Poll exploded. I'm sure 20 rooms would have been OK seeing the results now.

Either way the hotel told me that we could have additional rooms at the same price until the hotel was completely booked. Hopefully everyone gets in their reservations early. That's why I released the hotel info as soon as I could even though the rest of the meet isn't done yet.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

R/Tless...for now

Status

Registered & hotel booked. Now I just need to get my R/T on the road!

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Banned

Status

Default Just got my room!

Just got reserved for Fri night & Sat night with the group price, and she said it was OVER full for the club block, lol.

Now time to keep getting ready for the show!

And Dave, holy shit I can't wait to see your beast!

Status

I've seen a ton of pictures from this event, but just cant afford to attend yet. Anyone doing power tour this year? I'll be riding with some friends from the 'nooga to Mobile.
    - Josh

2000 Solar Yellow R/T - Cam Only Truck
    1987 Buick Regal T-Type - WE4 and Blackout
    2008 GMC 1500 Quad Cab
    1989 Jeep YJ - Real Jeeps have Square Headlights
    1971 Buick Skylark - LS SWAP THE WORLD

Banned

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KTK00R/T View Post
    I've seen a ton of pictures from this event, but just cant afford to attend yet. Anyone doing power tour this year? I'll be riding with some friends from the 'nooga to Mobile.
    It's not so bad man, $40 for two with a car for Carlisle ($30 without a ride to show or $10 a day).

Hotel isn't bad, even if you stay for one night. Plus is still a long time from now, July. I'm not even thinking about gas/food/other when me and gf actually head over there.

I'd say it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by KTK00R/T View Post
    If the hotel is your problem, I got an extra bed Thursday-Sunday.

Banned

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Last_in View Post
    Good stuff

Status

I was told by the hotel today that we have now booked over 20 rooms. At some point they will stop honoring the club rate for rooms that are booked for Friday and Saturday Nights only. They will continue to honor the club rate for rooms booked Thursday-Saturday nights without issue.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Banned

Status

Wow, glad I got in!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Last_in View Post
    'preciate the hospitality, but its more the drive from Houston. I'm attending Power Tour without the truck in June, and Crusin' the Coast in October with the truck. Funds are a bit tight this year. Maby Next!
    - Josh

2000 Solar Yellow R/T - Cam Only Truck
    1987 Buick Regal T-Type - WE4 and Blackout
    2008 GMC 1500 Quad Cab
    1989 Jeep YJ - Real Jeeps have Square Headlights
    1971 Buick Skylark - LS SWAP THE WORLD

Status
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mtlcafan79 View Post
    I was told by the hotel today that we have now booked over 20 rooms. At some point they will stop honoring the club rate for rooms that are booked for Friday and Saturday Nights only. They will continue to honor the club rate for rooms booked Thursday-Saturday nights without issue.
    My BB was sold this month new owner not going to run it. So I called today and was given the 1-800 run around. I hung up called back then was transfered over to "Booking" Girl there was away from her desk someone took my # then called back when I was away! She left message telling me to call 1-800-WTF! I will try later.

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    My BB was sold this month new owner not going to run it. So I called today and was given the 1-800 run around. I hung up called back then was transfered over to "Booking" Girl there was away from her desk someone took my # then called back when I was away! She left message telling me to call 1-800-WTF! I will try later.
    Lmao, phone tag is a real joy. If you remember, ask if the person knows a count for rooms booked by our club. Twenty-plus rooms so far is pretty damn good...what's everyone think we'll have for a truck turnout?? Can we hit 60+/- to 'double' what we had at Carlisle last year??
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

R/Tless...for now

Status

I think 40-50 trucks is fairly realistic, and would be pretty wicked.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast