+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: 2010 DRTC National Meet

Status

OK, I'll bite on the whole "I want the Nats in my backyard" thing.

I did the Nats this year on a total budget of $2,862.30. That is based on 38 members and 21 guests. I need to redo the final numbers again since several people joined on site at the last minute, final expenses, etc. Before we had the raffle and sold the extra t shirts, the club had taken in $2,606.25 in meet fees. After the raffle we should have a few bucks to turn back into the club to pay website hosting fees in the future, club stickers, club t shirts, etc.

Atlanta cost nearly $10,000 ALONE for the track rental I want to say. Divide that by 38 paying members and you let me know where you can find 38 people that are willing to pay that to run around AMS for the day. Oh, then there's the banquet cost, t shirts cost, autocross cost, autocross insurance cost, etc. How much is the cost of that meet up to now?

The club just doesn't have the membership numbers to support a meet of that scale ever again. It just won't happen. Sorry. The club needs to rethink they way we do meets to combine our activities as much as possible with existing infrastructure to keep costs as low as possible.

The new blood that the club brings in is not the same demographic that it used to be. Most new members are on the younger side and don't nearly have the disposable income like the rest of us do. $360 for the hotel, $50 for Carlisle, $50 for the meet, food for three days, several tanks of gas. That was a lot of money for our memebrs that were on a tight budget.

I mentioned during the banquet that the main idea of this meet was to do things that were as cheap as possible or even free. (I arranged a FREE private brewery tour on Friday morning of the Nats. People loved it from what I could tell.) The meet was about having as much fun as possible on as little money as possible. The only legit complaints I got all weekend was the hotel was being dumb about parking and people kept erasing their room cards. I'll take that for complaints.

If you want a meet in your backyard you will have to step up to the plate and be willing to put in tons of time, phone calls, and some of your own money to make it happen. I could only make this Nats happen with Carlisle being close by. I made three trips to Carlisle before the Nats on my own time and my own money. There's no way I can help get the logistics for a Nats in say Dallas setup without living there.

Anyone can submit a proposal to host the Nats next year. I will eventually put out an official call for that. I still need to wind down from this year and finish all the things I still have left to do before I will post it.

Carlisle will be an official Division 1 event next year. The hotel has already asked us to come back and stay with them again. I have no problem doing things there again, just don't expect it to be on the same level as it was this year.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

www.dakotart.com

Status

Gotta agree with everything said above.

You guys did a helluva good job with the budget the club had available!

We've never put on a national meet with that low of a budget before.
    And from what I can tell... EVERYONE had a good time this year.

PLUS... We put money back into the club. That has not been done since 2005 from what I can find in the records.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

Status

Good discussion and many valid points raised. I have to agree that if attendance isn't good, there's no reason to hold a National Meet, irregardless of the location! IF, the National Meet is going to stay on the east coast, anyone west of the Mississippi can pretty much kiss the opportunity to attend, goodby.
    Not for me, but for some of the few remaining members, it's just one more reason to not renew their membership
    Good discussion guys.

Tom

WhiteTrash&LiLOrangeFuror

Status

i'd like to throw out there that anyone and everyone is always welcome to join us at The Woodward Dream Cruise. thats never a disapointment. we have a spot right on the strip and there is a nice hotel nearby.
    Fu·ror noun \ˈfyu̇r-ˌȯr, -ər\ : an angry or maniacal fit

Quote Originally Posted by uwntsumrtII View Post
    i'd like to throw out there that anyone and everyone is always welcome to join us at The Woodward Dream Cruise. thats never a disapointment. we have a spot right on the strip and there is a nice hotel nearby.
    We actually do NOT have a spot as of yet.... I have not been able to connect with Kevin one way or the other, he's usually good at returning calls but has not this year. This late in the game that may mean we will not be able to gather at his place, so start thinking about a back-up plan.....

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

Blown and Squirted

Status

Anyone else surprised the viper club beat us out for club size? It would be nice to see numbers adjusted for actual attendance, I'd bet we'd be higher than 7th.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Status

The thing is we had 42 trucks in that picture I think it was. Some of them were not affiliated with the club. Our actual attendance was less than the 43 listed as well.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Blown and Squirted

Status

Oh, the main reason I said something was it seemed at any given time we had more than twice as many vehichles as the viper guys.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

Status

If anyone wants an extra Nats shirt please make sure you post in here: http://dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11030

I will be placing the order some time next week.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Draggin Durango

Status

Nice turn out guys. It was great to see you guys and man I haven't see that many Dakotas in a while.
    Sorry I couldn't hang out with you to much but had to support my other club also.

I hope you guys get a spot a woodward. I'm planning on coming

MMC RETIRED!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ADakotaRTGuy View Post
    Texas heat wave is generally around June-July in Dallas. Would be pretty good event there.
    there is a new drag strip there too....
    1999 DAP CC Dakota-mild/heavy mod
    14.2 Bremerton Raceway `05 NATS

2006 Magnum SRT8
    1 of 555 Brilliant Siver

Mommy mobile

2004 Dodge Caravan SXT

BEATER:
    1991 Honda Civic DX4dr sold at a profit!!

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Anyone hear from the Carlisle people about the lowering deal ?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed's R/T - Yaaaay View Post
    Anyone hear from the Carlisle people about the lowering deal ?
    NOPE!

Status

Thanks Sean! I’ve forwarded this to Ed Scholly, our Truck Event Manager. He should be in touch soon. Here’s his email just so you have it if you have any questions – EdS@CarlisleEvents.com.

It was great to meet you at the show and I hope the rest of your weekend went well!

Thanks again!

Val Stewart
    That's the email I got from Val after Carlisle. You guys can bug Ed directly if you want.
    03 CC 4.7 NV3500

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mtlcafan79 View Post
    That's the email I got from Val after Carlisle. You guys can bug Ed directly if you want.

Email sent to Ed, keeping my fingers crossed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17