+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new best

Default new best

i went to atco tonight for the first time since my new mods (mopar pcm, 52mm tb, headers, m1) last time i ran it was a 14.3 on nitrous 75 shot, tonight i ran a 13.614 @100 with a 2.011 60ft. my 60ft was not as good as my passes befor which was a 1.968, and my truck shifted into fourth gear at 4400 before i went through the traps. this is because of some adjusting i still need to do since the new tranny

Store Bought!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sicknasty360 View Post
    i went to atco tonight for the first time since my new mods (mopar pcm, 52mm tb, headers, m1) last time i ran it was a 14.3 on nitrous 75 shot, tonight i ran a 13.614 @100 with a 2.011 60ft. my 60ft was not as good as my passes befor which was a 1.968, and my truck shifted into fourth gear at 4400 before i went through the traps. this is because of some adjusting i still need to do since the new tranny
    Nice times! Was this also on the 75 shot? Time to throw another 75 on top of that!

Gotta turn that OD off bro!
    Jason Francis

Oh ya it's that fast!

Status

Excellent congrats on the new best!

R/Tless...for now

Status

Congrats! Nothing like getting a new best. Like Jason said, keep the OD off and run it through the traps in 3rd, you'll pick up some time. Sounds like it's also time for some slicks Always nice knowing there's still room for improvement.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Status
    Blog Entries

Congrats on new best!You went to Atco last night ? They open on Tues and Thursday night yet or is it just Tues? I want to head over there Thursday night but was told they are closed til the 29th.Oh and try turning the OD off have you had trans work done yet or is TV cable off from the throttle body change ? I blew trans out last season on 100 shot hope this isnt happening to you I noticed it at end of runs then slipped around 2-3 shift and just went down hill from there.

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    Congrats on new best!You went to Atco last night ? They open on Tues and Thursday night yet or is it just Tues? I want to head over there Thursday night but was told they are closed til the 29th.Oh and try turning the OD off have you had trans work done yet or is TV cable off from the throttle body change ? I blew trans out last season on 100 shot hope this isnt happening to you I noticed it at end of runs then slipped around 2-3 shift and just went down hill from there.
    well i changed the tb before the new trans n it was shifting at the right shift points, i got my new trans about 2 weeks ago and this was the first time i actually raced n sprayed it. the first to 2nd shift is alright still a little like 5000 (this is with a mopar pcm so shift points should be 5200) but my 2nd-3rd shift is like at 4400 so i have to shift it myself, and then the 3rd-4th is at 4400. i also have a set of 29.5x10.5 slicks but i dont think im going to use them i think im just going to get s set of radials. Also ur correct the track does not open thursdays till the 29

Dirty Jerzey

Status

T.V cable needs to be adjusted. its easy
    2002 AB CC R/T (R.I.P)
    11.52@116.61 w/1.67 60'.

2002 AB QC 4.7 4x4

www.schroermasonry.com
    Facebook.com/SchroerMasonry

Store Bought!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bryanrt360 View Post
    T.V cable needs to be adjusted. its easy
    Hell no. Take that shit back to where he just had the tranny built. Let them fix it.
    Jason Francis

Status
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sicknasty360 View Post
    well i changed the tb before the new trans n it was shifting at the right shift points, i got my new trans about 2 weeks ago and this was the first time i actually raced n sprayed it. the first to 2nd shift is alright still a little like 5000 (this is with a mopar pcm so shift points should be 5200) but my 2nd-3rd shift is like at 4400 so i have to shift it myself, and then the 3rd-4th is at 4400. i also have a set of 29.5x10.5 slicks but i dont think im going to use them i think im just going to get s set of radials. Also ur correct the track does not open thursdays till the 29
    Man had I known about Atco I would have went I want to get a new best! I had a big problem with my trans shifting right after it was rebuilt tranny guy had it for a week it was shifting and bouncing of limiter he had to change a spring in shift kit.Told me to shift it and no OD for best results I only got like 3 passes on the rebuild last season.Got a new best but still think I can do better.Did you do a stall in yours?I use to run MT et streets on AR wheels, I went with the M&H DR's on R/T wheels and got as good if not better 60.Next time you head over email me so we can hook up and throw down some New best times together!
    I prefer thursday night Friday for me is a layed back work day so I can stay out pass bed time lol.

00 FR RC Dakota R/T Turbo 11.56@118

99 Amethyst RC Dakota R/T 1-170 13.84@98

P.I.E. tuned cause Flynn is for the Birds if you wanna Run Fast have some PIE !

Just call me George W

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    Man had I known about Atco I would have went I want to get a new best! I had a big problem with my trans shifting right after it was rebuilt tranny guy had it for a week it was shifting and bouncing of limiter he had to change a spring in shift kit.Told me to shift it and no OD for best results I only got like 3 passes on the rebuild last season.Got a new best but still think I can do better.Did you do a stall in yours?I use to run MT et streets on AR wheels, I went with the M&H DR's on R/T wheels and got as good if not better 60.Next time you head over email me so we can hook up and throw down some New best times together!
    I prefer thursday night Friday for me is a layed back work day so I can stay out pass bed time lol.
    i did have a stall installed, it was a 2500 i went with. I need to get me a set of drag radials. ill deffently hit u up next time i go down, i think im going back this tuesday, since they dont op on thursdays until the 29th, and fridays are jam packed

+ Reply to Thread