+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: production numbers..

Exactly. The $40 for ten gallons I got at lunch def. had me taking it easy on the way back to work

Wish I could find out how many 02 atlantic blue rcs were made. Shame they won't pass this info out.

OG DRTC

Status

Is it bad I use a 1 of 35 1992 Daytona IROCs as a daily driver over my 1 of 553 Dakota R/T? I mean, granted the gas mileage in the Daytona is twice as good as my truck gets, but it's also a hell of a lot more rare.

I just want an R/T dammit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    Is it bad I use a 1 of 35 1992 Daytona IROCs as a daily driver over my 1 of 553 Dakota R/T? I mean, granted the gas mileage in the Daytona is twice as good as my truck gets, but it's also a hell of a lot more rare.
    No way hskr, I'd do the same thing! Save the Dakotas!
    REDMPTN
    Jamie "The One with The Green Truck" Perna
    Dreaming of a 408 stroker

Current Dakota: '99 SLT+ CC 5.2 4x4 Emerald Green Pearlcoat: JBA Headers, Magnaflow catback w/ duals, Airaid CAI, Superchips 3865, 3" Suspension lift, on 17x9 R/T rims with 255/75R17 Goodyear Wrangler SR/A
    Daily driver: '99 Subie Legacy Outback AWD bitches!
    Wifey's Car: 2014 Dart RALLYE 2.4

I just want an R/T dammit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RTchas View Post
    Sandstone and Emerald Green ask Jack W.
    Hey, I like my Emerald Green Pearl Paint. LOL

If the numbers are right in Post#1 and my math is right. There are 1124 Solar Yellow 890 Deep Amethyst Pearl and 211 Amber Fire ??? Regardless of cab style and pre-2001. Unable to know how many amber fire trucks were made later on kinda screws this up. When did they drop that color? 01? 3 most rare colors for sure. Yellow was only 1 year and carry-over but they made a shit ton. Just my $0.02
    Last edited by JP R/T WANNABE; 04-28-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    REDMPTN
    Jamie "The One with The Green Truck" Perna
    Dreaming of a 408 stroker

Current Dakota: '99 SLT+ CC 5.2 4x4 Emerald Green Pearlcoat: JBA Headers, Magnaflow catback w/ duals, Airaid CAI, Superchips 3865, 3" Suspension lift, on 17x9 R/T rims with 255/75R17 Goodyear Wrangler SR/A
    Daily driver: '99 Subie Legacy Outback AWD bitches!
    Wifey's Car: 2014 Dart RALLYE 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by JP R/T WANNABE View Post
    Hey, I like my Emerald Green Pearl Paint. LOL

If the numbers are right in Post#1 and my math is right. There are 1124 Solar Yellow 890 Deep Amethyst Pearl and 211 Amber Fire ??? Regardless of cab style and pre-2001. Unable to know how many amber fire trucks were made later on kinda screws this up. When did they drop that color? 01? 3 most rare colors for sure. Yellow was only 1 year and carry-over but they made a shit ton. Just my $0.02
    I bought a '01 Amber Fire RC new, I called back in '03 (I think) and talked to a rep and after a long time on hold, she came back with "of the 2227 there made 29 were AF", but could not tell me RC vs. CC. (I still have the yellow post-it I wrote it down on!) However, I could never confirm!

I do know that in late Jan - early Feb of 2001 that the AF color was discontinued due to "production issues". I was told that because it was a pearl color it was hard to "get right" and the lack of demand for that color it was discontinued.

I special ordered mine after seeing a 2000 AF in person (WOW!) at the First DRTC meet in 2000, (My 2nd R/T earned the fastest Stock RC at the track that day ). I ordered my 2001 AF in Nov 2000 and was delivered on 12-5-2000 and I still that one and it only has about 5,800 on it today.

Hope this helps.

--Thanks Fred
    Last edited by fre1621; 06-30-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
    Is there any way of telling which number vehicle you have? More specific I have a 98 black club cab R/t. There were 379 built. Which one of the 379 does mine fall, IE 26 of 379 and so forth. Just curious mainly.
    Since chrysler doesnt seem to want to help us is there any way to figure anything from the vin number. My new 2002 graphite metallic club cab is vin number 1B7GL32Z92S658412, the Z indicates R/T (with the rare exception of a 5.9 quad cab) so does any number indicate color or production number so we could figure something out. I'm figuring it would have to be in the last six numbers or so since the other letters and numbers indicate something like plant where truck was built etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spence340 View Post
    Since chrysler doesnt seem to want to help us is there any way to figure anything from the vin number. My new 2002 graphite metallic club cab is vin number 1B7GL32Z92S658412, the Z indicates R/T (with the rare exception of a 5.9 quad cab) so does any number indicate color or production number so we could figure something out. I'm figuring it would have to be in the last six numbers or so since the other letters and numbers indicate something like plant where truck was built etc.
    I don't know what else to say other than ummmmmm no

"The journey is more fun than the destination"

Guess we will never know. We'll have to get a member from detroit to date someone from Chrsyler and infiltrate the system.

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

When I was deep in research with this, iirc, the final numbers in the VIN do mean some type of production number, although the number is based off the Dakota build sequence (not trim), so the number indicates the number of Dakota produced that year, not the number of R/Ts.

VIN 1B7GL32Z92S658412 decodes as follows:

Country of origin: USA 1
    Make: Dodge B
    Vehicle type: Truck 7
    GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating): 5001-6000 lbs. G
    Vehicle line: Dakota, Dakota Shelby, Dakota Sport, Dakota 4x2 L
    Series: (M), Medium 3
    Body style: Club Cab or Sport Utility 2
    Engine: 5.9L (360ci) EFI V8 Z
    Check digit: Correct 9
    Model year: 2002 2
    Assembly plant: Dodge City Assembly (Warren, MI) S
    Vehicle Build Sequence: 658412 658412

http://www.dakota-truck.net/VIN/

DRTC #1064

Status
    '03 Stampede Graphite Metallic Dakota R/T CC

FRP tune, M1 2bbl, HiPoTek 52mm TB, K&N 14" Filter, Headers, Flowmaster duals

Status

Default 1998-2003 Dodge Dakota R/T global producution numbers.

Updated Dakota R/T chart. The production numbers that I publish always have validated VINs and build records behind them. Data from the source, FCA records.

My charts have the following possible deliver locations.
    USA = USA delivered
    CAN = CANADA delivered
    MEX = MEXICO delivered
    EXP = EXPORT delivered

-=PLMCRZY=-

Status

Very interesting!
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Default My 2003 Dakota Rumble Bee

I have a 2003 Dakota original Rumble Bee , it even has rumble bees on the center caps, Of course I did alot of rust repair on it.. My Dakota is the only Rumble Bee 1 i have ever seen. Still driving it runs great and everything works.https://www.holley.com/garage/view/9...-dodge-dakota/

Home School Valedictorian

Status

What does Chrysler say when you do a VIN check?

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4