+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 255 in tank fuel pump

Status

Well went and dyno'd truck this weekend and found out what my stumble is. Motor running out of fuel around 4800 rpm. The meth is helping as I got it turned way up but not enough and sure it going equally to all cyclinders.

Now for the question I know they rate these pumps for ( I think) 500 n/a hp, but I am making 427 rwhp now with just stock pump. Will the 255lph pump be enough to supply the engine and the 60lb injectors?

Troy
    1999 Red CC R/T- 4bl m-1, 2.02 R/t heads, 2.5 " Spintech midlength headers and exhaust, 3200rpm Edge Racing stall, .210/.220 .512lift cam, Vortech S/C at 11psi, SCT tune, Meth injection, 58 F&B TB, MSD6A, Hotchkis front springs, Caltrac splitmono-leaf springs with 2" blocks and Caltrac bars

Status

Looking to upgrade the pump on my '03 Durango turbo project. Already have the inline booster pump and was wondering if anyone knew if it's the GSS342 for the 255 in tank or GSS341 which is the same pump but "flipped". Duner?

One of the tricks we used to do on the DSMs was to hardwire the pump.You'll need to run a wire from the battery and add a relay but it definitelly helped.
    Not sure how the Dak pump is set-up though.

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

Quote Originally Posted by dzstang90 View Post
    Looking to upgrade the pump on my '03 Durango turbo project. Already have the inline booster pump and was wondering if anyone knew if it's the GSS342 for the 255 in tank or GSS341 which is the same pump but "flipped". Duner?
    I just failed at finding my receipt for the intank pumps I used in both trucks. The pumps I used were Walbros but sold under the Holley name, so whatever number I might have found probably wouldn't match up anyway.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Status

I think I'm just going to pull it out and see what it looks like. I've used a ton of Walbro GSS307s and GSS340s on Mustangs so I'm familiar with those. Not sure what the difference is between those and the GSS341/342s is though. From what I've seen it may just be the differences in the feed side of the pump.

Status

Found a good deal on a 307 so I think I'm going to grab it. Not sure if the inlet side of the pump makes a difference as long as I use the right strainer. Can someone whos changed one of these pumps take a look at the pic and see if it'll work. On the left is the 307 and the other two are 342/341.

Unnamed moocher

Status

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    According to posts by JM over on Dak-Dur, Walbro quit making pumps for the Dakota(he has been trying to get them to make them again, with no luck), but apparently the E Bay people figured out that the SRT 4 pump was the same one they used to sell for the Dakota, but the wiring is slightly different. At least, that's what I got from reading their auction.
    That opens up a big WOW on so many levels.

Wow... walbro doesnt have a product application /development person on staff that could have figured that out

Wow... JM is such a silly retarded fuck he couldnt have figured it out

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 7zark7 View Post
    One of the tricks we used to do on the DSMs was to hardwire the pump.You'll need to run a wire from the battery and add a relay but it definitelly helped.
    Not sure how the Dak pump is set-up though.
    Fuel system mods, at least stock style mods, are a weak point for me. My truck is not a race vehicle so I'll either do the Walbro setup, or an inline booster pump (if that's the right term ). I have heard of upgrading the factory wiring or something to that effect though. Larger guage? You say relay, wouldn't the truck already have one in the power distribution box before the pump? I'm no electric guru, as I've said on this forum before.
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

Not sure about our trucks. I haven't looked at the fuel pump wiring yet.
    But the DSMs have small gauge wire running the pump so what a lot of guys did was use the small gauge wire that's already there to switch on a relay and then run some 10 or 8 gauge to the relay and then the pump right off of the battery so you're getting as much juice to the pump as possible. It deinitelly helped whether you were running a stock pump or a Walbro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2