+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DRTC National Meet Classes

Status

I just had a idea what we need in the show and shine is a race class where the majority of the mods are geared towards speed not show even though the mods might be visiable..Just a thought

Trueblue R/T Drtc#204
    Lowest CC Houston
    2nd lowest Topeka
    slow but who cares

Status

For the record, it is not that I disagree with how this is currently setup and this is not meant to apply to this years national meet, but an idea for future national meets.

What about a point system that place you in the correct class for SnS? The points would be based on the type of mod. For example;

Roll Pan = 5 pts
    Hood = 7 pts
    Functional Ram Air Hood = 10 pts
    Emblem = 2 pts
    Emblem Delete = 2 pts
    Clear Corners = 2 pts
    One-Piece Headlights = 5 pts

The idea behind this is that if there was a light-mod class with 4 mods, Truck A has hood, one-piece headlights, racing seats, mopar performance covers. Truck B has roll pan, clear corners, emblems, ss mirrors. Just seems to me that these truck would not be an equal even though they each have 4 mods in a comptetion.

Just a side question, but didn't Dodge sell a roll pan as an upgrade from the factory? Wouldn't that make it the same as the Stampede kit?

Status

Default Race classification

Holy old thread Batman! If I shorten the runners on the kegger and polish the TB can I race in stock or does a modified kegger go into the same race class as M1/pph-mid/52mmTB/1.7's etc?
    Pushrod V-8 Addiction
    98 IB CC owned since 00

www.dakotart.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by pagnesium View Post
    Holy old thread Batman! If I shorten the runners on the kegger and polish the TB can I race in stock or does a modified kegger go into the same race class as M1/pph-mid/52mmTB/1.7's etc?

Yep... Pretty old!

To answer your question, stock racing class is pretty strict. No engine modifications allowed.
    Shortening the runners on a stock intake manifold would be a modification.
    It would bump you up to Light Mod class.
    JMO, but on the TB, if you just polished it and didn't cut or grind anything off, and didn't increase the bore size, I don't think that's considered modifying.

And FWIW, the S&S classes and Auto-x classes in the OP will be revised for this year's national meet. Only the drag racing classes are current.
    The division 4 guys are working on the changes now and they will be posted in the national meet thread in post #4 when ready.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph
    Best 60': 1.54

DRTC # 578

Status

Default Non Engiine mods & racing

I have a '98 R/T. The only engine mod is the K & N filter on the end of a tube.
    Other mods include cowl hood, non-functional, running boards, tonneau cover, bed liner, & removal of the stock emblems. So what class would I race in? Do non-engine mods count in racing? Thanks Ray '98 CC

Got Beer?

Status

So pretty much the only way anyone is going to be in pro mod is a big block, R3 or a motor swap. So if I raced an outlaw truck with just a regular block and nitrous not in the same class.

Moral of the story. Don't stay N/A.
    2003 Dakota R/T
    Hibernation
    Previous Best
    10.77@124

*Disclaimer - All suggestions given for performance modifications is assuming that you live close or at Sea Level

Status

Default New Class

My name is Ray Handloser, member #93, so I've been in since the beginning. I would like to propose a new class for the competition.
    Best of Show over 100,000 miles. Give the more "mature" R/T's a chance for a plaque. The best of show part might need to be tweaked. Thanks for listening.
    Ray '98 CC.

www.dakotart.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by rayhandloser View Post
    I have a '98 R/T. The only engine mod is the K & N filter on the end of a tube.
    Other mods include cowl hood, non-functional, running boards, tonneau cover, bed liner, & removal of the stock emblems. So what class would I race in? Do non-engine mods count in racing? Thanks Ray '98 CC
    No, non-engine mods do not effect your auto-x or drag racing classes.
    The K&N filter puts you in Heavy Mod class for AutoX, and Light Mod class for drags.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

www.dakotart.com

Status

Quote Originally Posted by rayhandloser View Post
    My name is Ray Handloser, member #93, so I've been in since the beginning. I would like to propose a new class for the competition.
    Best of Show over 100,000 miles. Give the more "mature" R/T's a chance for a plaque. The best of show part might need to be tweaked. Thanks for listening.
    Ray '98 CC.
    Thanks Ray!
    We'll keep that in mind for next year. We already have our classes set for this year.

Ed Morris
    11.17 @ 120.91 mph

DRTC # 578

Blown and Squirted

Status

LOL @ heavy mod for autoX. Should be stock IMO. Truck is slower than stock with the addons and has no suspension, or tire work.

'99 R/T- MSIIextra fuel/spark/idle, ZCP mx422 supercharged, ZCP Tbrake 727, PPC 10" 3800, 4.10, (\/) Headers, 2.5" Duals, Truetrac, Boyd Timeless 6's, Hotchkis TVS.
    Z Code Performance Website

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2