+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DRTC National Meet Classes

Store Bought!

Status

Default DRTC National Meet Classes

Here are the classes in each category for the DRTC National Meets. This is so everyone knows where they stand in competition.

SHOW and SHINE CLASSES

STOCK
    The truck must have all original parts. Stock height, stock decals. The only thing not considered mods are listed below.

MODIFIED
    No more than 7 visual modifications not listed below. Engine modifications(M1, valve covers, painted, powdercoated, polished, K&N FIPK, etc) count as 1 modification.

PRO
    8 or more visual modification not listed below.

NON R/T's
    Any vehicle not a Dakota R/T.

NOT CONSIDERED MODIFICATIONS
    All tonneau covers, all bedliners (plastic,mats,rugs), headlight/tailight covers, bug shields, window gaurds, tint, 45 series or taller tires.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

DRAG RACING CLASSES (Revised Jan. 2012)

Stock- No engine modifications allowed. D.O.T. drag radials allowed. Removal of spare tire and tonneau cover allowed.

Light Mod- Bolt-ons allowed. Any weight reduction allowed. No built motor allowed (must be stock). Any tire and wheel combo allowed.

Heavy Mod- Bolt-ons allowed. 1 power adder only allowed. No built motor (must be stock). Any tire and wheel combo allowed. Any suspension allowed.

Heavy Mod N/A- Boltons allowed. Built motor allowed, (Must be Magnum block w/ max. displacement of 367 cu. in.). No power adder. Any tire and wheel combo allowed. Any suspension allowed.

Pro N/A- Bolt-ons allowed. Built motor allowed, (Magnum block w/ displacement between 368 and 426 cu. in.) Any tire and wheel combo allowed. Any suspension allowed. No power adder.

Pro- Bolt-ons allowed. Built motor allowed, (Magnum block w/ max. displacement of 367 cu.in.) 1 power adder only allowed. Any tire and wheel combo allowed. Any suspension allowed.

Outlaw- Bolt-ons allowed. Built motor allowed, (Magnum block w/ any displacement). 1 or 2 power adders allowed. Any wheel and tire combo allowed. Any suspension allowed.

Pro Mod- Bolt-ons allowed. Built motor allowed. Unlimited power adders. Any tire and wheel combo allowed. Any suspension allowed. R-3, LA small and big blocks, new gen Hemi blocks allowed. Unlimited chassis mods.

Definitions:
    Built Motor- Any stroker crank. High compression pistons. Any head changes (includes porting of stock heads). Any cam change.

Bolt-ons - Any performance mod not listed in the "built motor" definition.

__________________________________________________ _______________

AUTO-X CLASSES -

Stock - exactly what it says

heavy mod - modded 360, modded suspension, any street tires

outlaw - modded 360 w/ power-adder, N/A 408's, 408 w/ power adder, suspension mods

pro mod - any motor, any suspension, any tire [ race tires]

NOTE- race tires on all 4 corners bump you 2 classes
    Last edited by White Turbo; 02-18-2013 at 04:55 AM.
    Jason Francis

DRTC #311

Status

eh- you're never going to make everyone happy... there's some things i dont agree with, as im sure there are others, but i say leave it like it has been, everyones used to it.

my confusion usually resides with the show class- the magical 7 mods... depends on what ya count as a visual mod... like, do my 35 series tires AND wheels count as two?.... does my drtc sticker count? what about my street scene grille... one mod- but does the M emblem on it count as another?... i dont really care where i fit in- just voicing some confusion ive had over the years...
    pete

Store Bought!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pete102580 View Post
    eh- you're never going to make everyone happy... there's some things i dont agree with, as im sure there are others, but i say leave it like it has been, everyones used to it.

my confusion usually resides with the show class- the magical 7 mods... depends on what ya count as a visual mod... like, do my 35 series tires AND wheels count as two?.... does my drtc sticker count? what about my street scene grille... one mod- but does the M emblem on it count as another?... i dont really care where i fit in- just voicing some confusion ive had over the years...
    pete
    You're thinking a little too far into actually. LOL

Just looking at the outside of your truck in your sig, I count 6. Wheels/tires-1, clear corners-1, hood-1, grille-1, emblems-1, mirrors-1. Your engine compartment mods would put you at 7, and I can't see your interior or your tail lights to see any mods there.
    Jason Francis

DRTC #311

Status

oh snizap- then that roll pan and battery disconnect is going to put me over the mark, lol - maybe ill put the stock grille back in hahaha

Store Bought!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pete102580 View Post
    oh snizap- then that roll pan and battery disconnect is going to put me over the mark, lol - maybe ill put the stock grille back in hahaha
    You are going to the meet this year aren't you? I don't remember your name on the list.
    Jason Francis

Status

This is just my opinion but I think that the classes should be changed for the show and shine. There are too many trucks that end up in the pro classes and not enough stock trucks.Why couldn't we change the classes up a bit to look more like this, stock-4 mods=light modified, 5-10 mods=heavy modified, 10+ mods=pro mod class?
    Chris Redmond
    99 FR CC
    99 FR RC
    Rochester, NH

Store Bought!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NH_TAZ View Post
    This is just my opinion but I think that the classes should be changed for the show and shine. There are too many trucks that end up in the pro classes and not enough stock trucks.Why couldn't we change the classes up a bit to look more like this, stock-4 mods=light modified, 5-10 mods=heavy modified, 10+ mods=pro mod class?
    OK, 4 mods for stock. What if those mods happen to be billet wheels, bad ass paint job, powdercoated/chrome engine, and full custom interior? Thats 4 mods! Do you think Tom Barnett would mind?
    Jason Francis

R/Tless...for now

Status

Or we could just bump it to 10 mods for modified and leave it the way it is, stock, modified and pro. Don't need to make it more complicated

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED R/T View Post
    OK, 4 mods for stock. What if those mods happen to be billet wheels, bad ass paint job, powdercoated/chrome engine, and full custom interior? Thats 4 mods! Do you think Tom Barnett would mind?
    I believe Chris meant:

Stock
    Light Mod - 4 mods
    Heavy Mod - 5-9 mods
    Pro Mod - 10+ mods

I think we should keep the three classes we have tho, maybe do:

Stock
    Modified - 1-10 mods
    Pro - 11+ mods

That gives the modified guys an extra 3 mods over the old system. I don't know if that's enough to keep the average truck out of the pro class, which I think was Chris' intention.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Store Bought!

Status

It keeps him out of the Pro class!

We used to do 4 classes for SnS, but with numbers decreasing for attendance, we dropped the Light Mod category to save money on plaques. Which is why we also dropped to 1 Stock plaque per cab style.

I know what Chris was getting at. Normal carshows allow up to 3 modifications in stock classes, as long as it isn't anything major. It leads to alot of confusion. I think 10+ for Pro stretches it too far, hell, even my old truck would have been in Modified under that rule.
    Jason Francis

Status

First off, a "full custom interior" isn't going to be 1 mod, that is many mods. Secondly, if you are going to powdercoat or chrome stock engine pieces then you not only need your head examined but belong in a stock class. I am not knocking Tom but you know damn well that there aren't enough stock trucks around to leave that class by itself.
    Last edited by NH_TAZ; 03-12-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    Chris Redmond
    99 FR CC
    99 FR RC
    Rochester, NH

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bad425rt View Post
    I believe Chris meant:

Stock
    Light Mod - 4 mods
    Heavy Mod - 5-9 mods
    Pro Mod - 10+ mods

I think we should keep the three classes we have tho, maybe do:

Stock
    Modified - 1-10 mods
    Pro - 11+ mods

That gives the modified guys an extra 3 mods over the old system. I don't know if that's enough to keep the average truck out of the pro class, which I think was Chris' intention.
    Unfortunately Dave, I said it the way I meant it. IMO, there aren't enough stock trucks in the club to warrant keeping just a stock class. It doesn't matter if we do 2,3,4 however many mods with the stock class. I am trying to give others that might not have had a chance at a plaque that opportunity. I do like changing the modified class to more mods than 7 though for this upcoming meet. This is just my opinion and I am expressing it. Was curious what others thought about this.
    Last edited by NH_TAZ; 03-12-2008 at 09:33 AM.
    Chris Redmond
    99 FR CC
    99 FR RC
    Rochester, NH

Status

It keeps him out of the Pro class!

We used to do 4 classes for SnS, but with numbers decreasing for attendance, we dropped the Light Mod category to save money on plaques. Which is why we also dropped to 1 Stock plaque per cab style.

I know what Chris was getting at. Normal carshows allow up to 3 modifications in stock classes, as long as it isn't anything major. It leads to alot of confusion. I think 10+ for Pro stretches it too far, hell, even my old truck would have been in Modified under that rule.
    You are exactly right Jason, most shows allow up to 3 minor mods in the stock class. Most people that mod their trucks aren't going to stop at just 3, but maybe someone wants to put a k&n air kit and a rollpan on his truck. Is that enough mods to warrant putting him in a mod class with someone that has rims, rollpan, exhaust, grilles, etc. I know you see where I am going with this cause we think alike when it comes to these things. Just throwing it out there and no I am not trying to keep myself out of the pro class. By time I have my truck ready for the meet, I will be in the pro class anyway.
    Chris Redmond
    99 FR CC
    99 FR RC
    Rochester, NH

R/Tless...for now

Status

Unfortunately Dave, I said it the way I meant it. IMO, there aren't enough stock trucks in the club to warrant keeping just a stock class. It doesn't matter if we do 2,3,4 however many mods with the stock class. I am trying to give others that might not have had a chance at a plaque that opportunity. I do like changing the modified class to more mods than 7 though for this upcoming meet. This is just my opinion and I am expressing it. Was curious what others thought about this.
    You make a good point Chris. I could see changing the stock class to allow a few minor mods. We'd have to figure out where to draw the line tho, wheels, hood, bumper cover, I woudl think all of those would be major mods. But I think we could allow a rollpan, grille inserts and clear corners (what about 1pc headlights?). Man, this shit gets tricky fast. LOL

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Status

You make a good point Chris. I could see changing the stock class to allow a few minor mods. We'd have to figure out where to draw the line tho, wheels, hood, bumper cover, I woudl think all of those would be major mods. But I think we could allow a rollpan, grille inserts and clear corners (what about 1pc headlights?). Man, this shit gets tricky fast. LOL
    Thanks Dave! As you know my biggest focus is the show aspect of my truck. I bought the new truck for going fast so I have the best of both worlds and the show truck stays clean. Minor mods usually include clear corners, headlights, tail lights and covers, air intake, rollpans, grille inserts, tonneau cover, and bedrugs. Anything over and above these are considered major mods. I agree that hoods, bumpers, wheels, exhaust are major mods. It does get tricky but we are all easy to work with and I am sure could get something together.
    Chris Redmond
    99 FR CC
    99 FR RC
    Rochester, NH

DRTC #311

Status

for the show n shine:

keep the classes as they are... the SnS is all participant voting anyways- so if you're holding your ballot... and you're looking at a truck that is OBVIOUSLY not in the class that the owner wrote on his window slip... don't vote for it, simple as that. if someone with a cold air kit and catback puts his truck in the stock class... ive got no problem with it, and if it looked good id vote for it, but others may not and there goes your chances for a plaque---

i think this happens as it is anyways. thats how i do it... if i see a truck that is clearly imo in the pro class but is listed as modified- it aint getting my vote no matter how good i think it looks. ill find another truck i agree with thats also deserving of the vote.

for the drags... is where it really gets sticky because thats where 95% of us are competitive. there may be a way around the class wars, this just popped into my head - but give it a thought:

there are those of us that have been around these trucks for many many years... the list of mods isnt really that long... either you have X part or you dont. just type up a spreadsheet listing all the go-fast mods considered relavant and have the participants check off what they've done. 0-x checkmarks is stock, x-x is modified, x-x is pro and so on... some consideration would have to me made for someone 100% stock with a 150 shot, or 100% stock with a blower.. but really- i dont think there would be that many people like that, as if you're running an r3- you sure as fuck dont have a stock throttle body on it.

i duno... i dont have all the answers, just a few thoughts.
    pete

Store Bought!

Status

First off, a "full custom interior" isn't going to be 1 mod, that is many mods. Secondly, if you are going to powdercoat or chrome stock engine pieces then you not only need your head examined but belong in a stock class. I am not knocking Tom but you know damn well that there aren't enough stock trucks around to leave that class by itself.
    I would consider it 1 mod, just like having engine bling, 1 mod. And, that's why we cut back to one plaque in each of the stock classes, since there usually is only one.
    Jason Francis

Store Bought!

Status

You are exactly right Jason, most shows allow up to 3 minor mods in the stock class. Most people that mod their trucks aren't going to stop at just 3, but maybe someone wants to put a k&n air kit and a rollpan on his truck. Is that enough mods to warrant putting him in a mod class with someone that has rims, rollpan, exhaust, grilles, etc. I know you see where I am going with this cause we think alike when it comes to these things. Just throwing it out there and no I am not trying to keep myself out of the pro class. By time I have my truck ready for the meet, I will be in the pro class anyway.
    Well, there are a few who have only done a few things. But stock is stock to me. I think adding another class would be better than broadening the stock class. I mean come on, you gotta reward someone who fights the urge not to mod these things!
    Jason Francis

Store Bought!

Status

Good point Trying to change my ways I guess, altho not too much, obviously most of the effort is still going towards going fast But the new setup will have a lot more bling than I've had before, gonna be polishing my ass off LOL Gonna try to do some local shows, if I'm ever home!
    I picked up a bench buffer a couple weeks ago. It makes shit so easy. Might I suggest, if you haven't started yet, going with at least an 8" wheel, and stacking 2/3 together to widen the contact patch. Sears Hardware stores sell some good compounds to use as well. They come in a 4 pack for about 8 bux.
    Jason Francis

Store Bought!

Status

Here's my suggestion, which I believe is the simplest way of doing it.

Leave the stock SnS class alone, add a Light Mod class(like we used to have) that allows up to 4 modifications, Modified Class gets a bump to 9 mods, then Pro Class is 10+.

The light mod class can only allow one of the following "body altering" mods, Hood, Roll pan, Ground Effects(including sideskirts, excluding Factory installed Stampede kits), Bumper covers, any non-factory grille shell (not the inserts), Paint job, etc.

All the racing classes I believe should be left alone. There has been issues before where the honor system just didn't work. Shitty, but it has happened.
    Jason Francis

Status

Well, there are a few who have only done a few things. But stock is stock to me. I think adding another class would be better than broadening the stock class. I mean come on, you gotta reward someone who fights the urge not to mod these things!
    I agree with you!
    Chris Redmond
    99 FR CC
    99 FR RC
    Rochester, NH

Status

Leave the stock SnS class alone, add a Light Mod class(like we used to have) that allows up to 4 modifications, Modified Class gets a bump to 9 mods, then Pro Class is 10+.

The light mod class can only allow one of the following "body altering" mods, Hood, Roll pan, Ground Effects(including sideskirts, excluding Factory installed Stampede kits), Bumper covers, any non-factory grille shell (not the inserts), Paint job, etc.

All the racing classes I believe should be left alone. There has been issues before where the honor system just didn't work. Shitty, but it has happened.
    I agree with that layout!
    Chris Redmond
    99 FR CC
    99 FR RC
    Rochester, NH

R/Tless...for now

Status

That works for me.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

MMC RETIRED!

Status

all are good ideas. it will prolly be a couple more meets before my truck shows up again (carrying around the wife and kid...ehh) if its just me and the kid, depends on how far and the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for gas. hopefully by then we have all the clas req`s ironed out.

alrady know for Auto X

racing... prolly heavy mod....

SnS... to be seen i guess

just wanted to get a good quality discussion going on for the noobs that are getting into the club, and as stated way above... who has a STOCK truck anymore.... maybe one or two active members still??
    1999 DAP CC Dakota-mild/heavy mod
    14.2 Bremerton Raceway `05 NATS

2006 Magnum SRT8
    1 of 555 Brilliant Siver

Mommy mobile

2004 Dodge Caravan SXT

BEATER:
    1991 Honda Civic DX4dr sold at a profit!!

Store Bought!

Status

That works for me.
    Jot it down, and we'll vote on it at the next meeting.
    Jason Francis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast