+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My cleaned up engine bay

DRTC #311

Status

Default My cleaned up engine bay

I'm about 3/4 done with re-routing everything in my engine bay... the passenger side is 100% clean.

anyways.... here's a few pics:

BEFORE:

AFTER

PEEK-A-BOO, I FOUND YOU!
    Last edited by PeteRT; 07-28-2009 at 04:01 AM.

Chicago"Blacksheep" 2001-

Status

looked awesome when i saw it sunday. sorry i didn't get a chance to say hi Pete. i didn't see you show up since i was in the stands watching racing. by the time i saw you by your truck i was running to drive my car out of the show to go make a pass. i couldn't stop because i had my car sitting for 5 hours cooling, and the staging lanes just got low enough to sneak right in before any heat got in the motor. then freakin kyle's jinxed ass ended up driving his green daytona into the gravel run off at the end of the track somehow and i got sidetracked by that when i was gonna go back to the show and talk to ya.

your engine bay looked awesome. your nailing that old school look your going for on the head. i try not to open the hood of my truck cause its just ugly. i was jealous of your engine bay for sure. lol. the work you did on the fender looked good, the roof paint is kinda depressing on these trucks eh? i just home painted mine to fix the same issue.

yea, there werent too many trucks. i should have brought my truck instead because they lumped all the new cars into the special interest class so half the show was competing for one freakin trophy while the other half of the show had like 30 trophy's. gay. mopar shows refuse to pass the torch and acknowledge newer muscle even tho they are starting to outnumber the old ones at shows. i love me some old mopars but its kinda disrespectful when they don't give us proper classes. oh well i was happy i pulled off a high 12 in that crappy hot and humid weather.
    Last edited by Jontoad; 07-28-2009 at 04:31 AM.

2006 Black Charger SRT8- Cam'ed and tons of suspenson/drivetrain mods for Autocross/Road racing
    2008 Caliber SRT4- Daily Driver
    2000 Black CC Dakota R/T & 1999 Black RC Dakota R/T- sold!
    autoX vids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGBII3NIFc / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcDLPdlsxPg / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKoTy-VEw2k

DRTC #311

Status

no problem dude... i came late as hell. i put the final coat of clear on the fender at 3am, and then woke up at 630 to get her "show ready", i didn't even get to the show until like 12:30, maybe a little later. i think by the time i got there most everyone already cast their votes.

ya, i hate that roof. i had an appointment last week to get it fixed but i had to take care of my dad for a few days and ran out of time to get it done. oh well.

in the old guys' defense, i know why they are reluctant to offer newer classes. you always have those cars that are all buttoned up looking like they just didn't realize they were parking in the middle of a car show.... the "wtf is that thing doing here".. i was parked next to one like that. hood closed, windows up w/ a show placard in the windshield . i personally really don't care... i'm glad that whoever that was has enough interest in their car to enter it in the first place, maybe they got some ideas for next year. i don't mean to sound like im picking on whoever that was.... just an example. i saw quite a few new cars that were straight off the showroom floor. granted, shit doesn't happen over night and im glad they were there, but eh... you know what i mean.....

i follow sort of a rule of thumb about entering car shows... if the flyer says "classic" or anything like that... i just don't enter. this one being a "mopar/amc festival", i agree, they really should think about adding a few classes to get with the times. i usually luck out because there are hardly any trucks that show up, and we get two classes, stock & modified.

i'm definately going to be on time next year, that's for sure. very little competition for me

Status

Wow, it looks great! I might give that a try sometime, but I'm not too sure of myself messing with any electrical. I don't break stuff, but don't feel it's my forte.

Good job!
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

DRTC #311

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Intense RT View Post
    Wow, it looks great! I might give that a try sometime, but I'm not too sure of myself messing with any electrical. I don't break stuff, but don't feel it's my forte.

Good job!
    if it wasn't so damn time consuming i would say it's easy. i never soldered a wire before this little project.

you can either do one at a time, or don't be a dumbass like me and cut all of them at the same length... there's a few duplicate colors in there that will have you searching out sensors vs. the PCM pinout with a multimeter checking continuity. cutting them all at different lengths will aid you when you come across those.

pete

Status

That passenger side looks fantastic! For your next round of pictures take the air filter off so we can see EVERYTHING.

Status

Looks really good! Makes mine look dirty lol

2000-2011

Status

Looks Great Pete....Now come do mine
    Chris

DRTC #311

Status

Quote Originally Posted by whitedak99 View Post
    Looks Great Pete....Now come do mine
    no problem! park it here for the winter and it'll be done in the spring

Status

damn that looks nice. now mine really looks like shit.
    MODS: D1SC PROCHARGED,SMC METH,F&B 2x58,HARLAND SHARP 1.7:1 ROLLER ROCKERS. HUGHES IRON RAM 2.02 HEADS. ARP HEAD STUDS, MOPAR M1 4BBL INTAKE. WINDAGE TRAY, ,DOUG THORLEY HEADERS,3" EXHAUST W/ FlOWMASTER 40, B&G CUSTOM FLASH,LOCKER 4.56 GEAR. MSD 6BTM, BLASTER SS COIL. TAYLOR WIRES, BUILT 727
    STILL TO COME FORGED 408

Banned

Status

Yea that looks great...never thought of the PCM inside the glove box...lol Good one!

Oh, and another pic of that plaque please...I've had the same idea, just slightly different. More info!

Status

Looks fucking great Pete...And looks like a lot of work, but well worth it.
    Last edited by Adobedude; 07-30-2009 at 03:29 AM.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

DRTC #311

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ddrango View Post
    Oh, and another pic of that plaque please...I've had the same idea, just slightly different. More info!
    i found that on ebay many many years ago. it just says:

Dodge Dakota
    Made especially for
    Pete Glowinski

the name part, of course was blank when i got it- took it to "things remembered" at the mall to put my name on it. I haven't seen another one anywhere, ever. No idea how it came to be made, or how it ended up on ebay. if i came across another one i think i'd put one in the engine bay somewhere.
    pete

DRTC #311

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Looks fucking great Pete...And looks like a lot of work, but well worth it.
    thanks dave... you and i share the same mentality..... look at it.... does it really need to be there?....... throw it in the trash can, lol

thanks for the tip on the white primer on that autozone "flame red". it's not a 100% exact match, but it's pretty damn close. too close to call in the engine bay for sure.
    pete

DRTC #311

Status

Quote Originally Posted by danbap View Post
    damn that looks nice. now mine really looks like shit.
    bah, who needs looks when you've got THAT motor!?

Status

Damn, that really looks good.

Status

i wish. maybe in the spring you can say that. i have an engine block in the garage and thats it.
    MODS: D1SC PROCHARGED,SMC METH,F&B 2x58,HARLAND SHARP 1.7:1 ROLLER ROCKERS. HUGHES IRON RAM 2.02 HEADS. ARP HEAD STUDS, MOPAR M1 4BBL INTAKE. WINDAGE TRAY, ,DOUG THORLEY HEADERS,3" EXHAUST W/ FlOWMASTER 40, B&G CUSTOM FLASH,LOCKER 4.56 GEAR. MSD 6BTM, BLASTER SS COIL. TAYLOR WIRES, BUILT 727
    STILL TO COME FORGED 408

Black Pearl

Status

One word...... sano
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

DRTC #311

Status

sano?

Black Pearl

Status

Sano is short for sanitized. Sanitized is short for FUCKING CLEAN Sano is a term me and my buds use when we see a clean machine.
    If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

DRTC #311

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    Sano is short for sanitized. Sanitized is short for FUCKING CLEAN Sano is a term me and my buds use when we see a clean machine.
    haha, im going to use that.. thanks!

Always Annoyed

Status

Looking really good. When I did my motor rebuild over the winter I stripped the entire engine bay down for repainting and really liked how it looked with nothing in there. Too bad I put everything back, I'm really liking what you did.
    Paul
    Dearborn Heights, MI

That looks great man. good job!!!

DRTC #311

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gt77ice View Post
    Looking really good. When I did my motor rebuild over the winter I stripped the entire engine bay down for repainting and really liked how it looked with nothing in there. Too bad I put everything back, I'm really liking what you did.
    getting rid of the big stuff made all the difference in the world... no more a/c or heater hoses & no more battery.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pete102580 View Post
    getting rid of the big stuff made all the difference in the world... no more a/c or heater hoses & no more battery.
    I got rid of the AC and heater hoses, now I have fuel lines everywhere....LOL
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast