+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 425 update now w/ VIDEO! :)

Status

Everything looks great! I've been looking forward to see how it runs.

The lines are good lines, just keep an eye on them after a couple years. I've seen them not really sweat fuel, but you can smell it. Not sure if they're the same brand but knowing the owner, he'll buy the best parts after researching.

Finish her up!
    The Dakota RT is gone... but not forgotten.

'15 Granite Crystal Metallic SRT 392.

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Intense RT View Post
    Everything looks great! I've been looking forward to see how it runs.

The lines are good lines, just keep an eye on them after a couple years. I've seen them not really sweat fuel, but you can smell it. Not sure if they're the same brand but knowing the owner, he'll buy the best parts after researching.

Finish her up!
    Thanks, I can't wait to see how it runs, I'm having major withdrawals LOL

Yeah, pretty much any hose except for hard line or teflon is gonna give you that smell. Just throw some race gas in there every once in a while and at least it'll smell good

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Draggin Durango

Status

Hey Dave

Truck looks great. can't wait to see you on the street. You'll be fine with the catch can. I ran one exactly like that with no problem. I just used two of them mounted together. Heck I could have sent you mine. Switched to a vacuation pump this winter.
    I'm like you at the moment. Just got to finish up fuel lines from the fuel cell and a few other small items. Should be ready in about 3 weeks.

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    Hey Dave

Truck looks great. can't wait to see you on the street. You'll be fine with the catch can. I ran one exactly like that with no problem. I just used two of them mounted together. Heck I could have sent you mine. Switched to a vacuation pump this winter.
    I'm like you at the moment. Just got to finish up fuel lines from the fuel cell and a few other small items. Should be ready in about 3 weeks.
    Thanks Dave. Yup, just a few small things and she's done, can hardly believe it. You going to Carlisle in July?

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Draggin Durango

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bad425rt View Post
    You going to Carlisle in July?
    I like to. My first priority is to track test first. If I get it done in time for Carlisle I be showing up.

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D View Post
    I like to. My first priority is to track test first. If I get it done in time for Carlisle I be showing up.
    Right on, hope you can get it done in time, I need to check that beast out in person

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

R/Tless...for now

Status

Default Mmmmmm...carbon fiber

I snagged one of the elusive cf cowl hoods, and holy crap is this thing light! Especially compared to the Reflexxions that I was going to go with, it's a ton lighter. If it weren't for the hood's size, you could pick it up with one hand. Couple of minor issues with it, but nothing the body shop can't fix. You can see it's a lil dented where the emblem goes, not sure what happened there, but I'm gonna have the emblem filled in anyway, so they can fix that. Gonna have it painted, but I might leave the sides of the cowl cf.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Status

I snagged one of the elusive cf cowl hoods, and holy crap is this thing light! Especially compared to the Reflexxions that I was going to go with, it's a ton lighter. If it weren't for the hood's size, you could pick it up with one hand. Couple of minor issues with it, but nothing the body shop can't fix. You can see it's a lil dented where the emblem goes, not sure what happened there, but I'm gonna have the emblem filled in anyway, so they can fix that. Gonna have it painted, but I might leave the sides of the cowl cf.

This is just my opinion........leave the whole cowl cf
    Joe Burke
    Concord N.C.
    Blk. 00 CC...sold
    Graphite 02 CC...sold
    R/T less for now!!!

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTASSR/T View Post
    This is just my opinion........leave the whole cowl cf
    I was thinking about that, Mike Thomas did his that way and it looks great. Just depends on what happens with the badge area.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Muscle Of Love

Status

I was thinking about that, Mike Thomas did his that way and it looks great. Just depends on what happens with the badge area.
    Paint it red, and everyone will think its just a reg steel hood. Man first thing you need to do is get that baby washed when you roll her outta the garage. Only the best for you're truck, seeing you even have a window unit in the garage to keep her cool.

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BluRT00 View Post
    Paint it red, and everyone will think its just a reg steel hood. Man first thing you need to do is get that baby washed when you roll her outta the garage. Only the best for you're truck, seeing you even have a window unit in the garage to keep her cool.
    Oh, it's definitely getting painted, just debating leaving some cf showing. I'll probably just leave the sides of the cowl cf, lil stripe look.

I've been blowing the dust off of her every once in a while LOL She's getting a full detail once she's running, wash, claybar, Meguiar's Pro line products with a PC7424

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

R/Tless...for now

Status

Hydratech hydroboost unit fits perfectly! I went with this mainly for the braking power since the stock vac brakes wouldn't work with my cam, but it turns out it gave me the extra room I needed for my custom headers too. And fits perfectly with the wire looms I chose. Still have to make some new brake lines and install the ps hoses.

Custom piece to make it work without having to modify the brake pedal (this kit is actually for a C3 vette):

Since it's for a vette, it was easy to find a nice polished master cylinder:

In the truck:

Looking good:

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Status

Dave,

Your build keeps looking better and better. It must seem like you're a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for morning to come til you get that beast fired up.

Get crackin' and get it tuned. You have a month to get that audio system we were discussing on here finished so that I can see it at Carlisle
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sunike32 View Post
    Dave,

Your build keeps looking better and better. It must seem like you're a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for morning to come til you get that beast fired up.

Get crackin' and get it tuned. You have a month to get that audio system we were discussing on here finished so that I can see it at Carlisle
    Thanks! Definitely getting excited as it gets closer to being done. Audio is gonna have to wait, gonna see if I can get the hood painted in time for Carlisle, then after that's done, I'll start on the interior and audio.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Thanks! Definitely getting excited as it gets closer to being done. Audio is gonna have to wait, gonna see if I can get the hood painted in time for Carlisle, then after that's done, I'll start on the interior and audio.
    you could do a flame job and to show off the cf
    Brad
    00 CC IB sport 360
    98 RC white sport mildly worked v6, used as a truck!

R/Tless...for now

Status

Not much new, been busy. Got the extra idler installed and the belt, 76" belt fits perfect. Also put on the billet dipstick handles and mocked up the ps cap for the pic (it's not actually installed yet). Sucks that I'm only using the ps cap and rad cap out of the kit, oh well, they look great.

Now that the yellow handles are gone, the yellow coil sticks out even more, is it ok to paint a coil?

Today I'll get the fuel stuff finished and mount the pcm & ignition.

This thing needs a billet pulley kit bad, but that'll have to wait.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Status

Saaweeeeeeet!

I'm no expert, but I don't see any problem with painting the coil red. Obviously you don't want to spray the contacts though. I see no harm
    Andrew
    1999 IB RC R/T
    TKO600

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by sunike32 View Post
    Saaweeeeeeet!

I'm no expert, but I don't see any problem with painting the coil red. Obviously you don't want to spray the contacts though. I see no harm
    I would paint it black But I might just grab a Hypertech coil, more power than the Accel and it's black. My Accel only has 1k miles on it (along with the Taylors I took off), so I could just sell 'em.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Default all hail bad ass 425

man that thing is sick as hell big
    [SIGPIC]

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Toms R/T View Post
    man that thing is sick as hell big
    Thanks Tom!

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

R/Tless...for now

Status

Unfortunately I didn't get as much done over the weekend as I had hoped. Got the bedrug cleaned, put back in and the fuel cell mounted. Got the ignition and pcm mounted on the plate that will go in the fender. Ran the pipes through the frame rails and ran the feed line. The other lines are ready to go, I'll do those tomorrow. Also have the pump and filters ready to go in tomorrow. She's getting there, but slow going as always.

Oh, this is what my bedrug looked like before I cleaned it, I'm pretty impressed with how well it cleaned up with some Simple Green and a scrub brush.

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Status

Sexy motor..wanna come up to richmond and work on my R\T?

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hayata View Post
    Sexy motor..wanna come up to richmond and work on my R\T?
    Thanks! I don't have time to work on my own R/T! LOL But once it's done, I'd be down for an install party. What are you doing with yours?

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

Status

Nice mounting plate for the MSD and PCM, I'd like to a finished pic.

...Bet it hurt cutting the hole in the bedrug and bed for the sump. I kept the pieces figuring I could alwasy J-B weld the plate back on the truck bed.

EDIT: Nice color theme....Truck is awesome.

R/Tless...for now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    Nice mounting plate for the MSD and PCM, I'd like to a finished pic.

...Bet it hurt cutting the hole in the bedrug and bed for the sump. I kept the pieces figuring I could alwasy J-B weld the plate back on the truck bed.

EDIT: Nice color theme....Truck is awesome.
    I had the guy that built my headers cut the plate for me, to cover up the big hole that's in the fender from the blower intake. Should look pretty decent.

Thanks!

-Dave-
    '01 QC 4x4 33s
    '98 RC V6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast