Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Poet View Post
    +1

Run what ya brung, hope ya brought enough

Only got 4 kill stories...

1. Nissan Sentra SER-V - Buddy talking shit
    2. 99' Mustang GT 5 Speed ( bone stock) - Track kill
    3. Hemi Daytona Ram sigle cab - Raped at the track
    4. Wife's Camaro V6 - Don't ask
    I have lots of kill stories, Last time out I took out a Demon with a blown 440 in it....Can you say red light?

But then again I keep it on the track.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jmont11890 View Post
    no lie. i love civics. i've had quite a few to so the least and they were all pretty clean and quick. just because people give the car a bad name don't mean you have to flame on the decent ones. i mean i know people who give these trucks a bad name. hell i've had 3-4 that showed some mid 13 time slips. and my buddy just finished up his 300whp del sol. little 1.6 single slammer turbo, and it did that without the spray. they can be quick but there are def some people that gives them a bad name.
    Me too, like the Civics. I went to buy a basic "econobox" Honda Fit, and ended up with an '08 Civic Si in Fiji Blue pearl metallic---6 speed, 197hp (weighs about 2500 lbs) , 350 watt stereo, built-in GPS, sun roof, power everything, cruise, LSD, 17" alloys, and on and on. Had about 9k on the clock when I got it. Stock Si's run 14.8 in the quarter, yet it gets 32 mpg on the hiway. It'll get 25+mpg even when you flog it to death in town. Red line is at 8200 RPM. It's pretty tame under 6200, then hang on!
    Fun car to drive.

Tom

Status

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    Man, you don't know how to negotiate. If his shit is fast, he doesn't need a truck. If his shit is slow, why bother racing him? He should be ashamed to ask for anything but a fair, even start!!!
    Like i said i just wanted to get the race going. I had enough confidance in my truck that i i could get him. Plus i like the challange of tring to catch him. I had him at the top of first and all of second, its when i hit 3rd when he started pulling me. Next time were doing at atco and hes doing a 100 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tcuillier View Post
    Me too, like the Civics. I went to buy a basic "econobox" Honda Fit, and ended up with an '08 Civic Si in Fiji Blue pearl metallic---6 speed, 197hp (weighs about 2500 lbs) , 350 watt stereo, built-in GPS, sun roof, power everything, cruise, LSD, 17" alloys, and on and on. Had about 9k on the clock when I got it. Stock Si's run 14.8 in the quarter, yet it gets 32 mpg on the hiway. It'll get 25+mpg even when you flog it to death in town. Red line is at 8200 RPM. It's pretty tame under 6200, then hang on!
    Fun car to drive.

Tom
    yea a buddy of mine had the metallic gray one, 09 si coupe, i slammed it for him. rode good and thing was quick to be stock. can't beat running 13's and still getting 23+mpg. and insurance was cheap on all mine as well. don't know about the new si's tho. i love the 4dr si's.

Status

yea a buddy of mine had the metallic gray one, 09 si coupe, i slammed it for him. rode good and thing was quick to be stock. can't beat running 13's and still getting 23+mpg. and insurance was cheap on all mine as well. don't know about the new si's tho. i love the 4dr si's.
    Mine is a 4dr Si. It's the first 4dr I actually like the looks of better than the 2dr.

Tom

yes they are a very nice looking car. i love the interior. how do you like the 2 step (launch controller)

Status

yes they are a very nice looking car. i love the interior. how do you like the 2 step (launch controller)
    Huh? Launch controller?

Step bumer & CCW's FTW!

Status

I have a JDM SiR OBDO B16 Vtec. with LSD trans. Red valve cover and all!.

2012 RAM R/T
    Belltech.

2010 Challenger R/T
    Hurst. Billet Tech. Hop Not. SLP.

Huh? Launch controller?
    yes they come stock with launch control lol. i was with my buddy a few times when he did it. you turn the ac off, have it in 1st gear and completely stopped (of course), and put the gas to the floor, it should set itself around 4500, or 5500 rpm's lol. try it out man.

any plans to put that b16 in anything?

Status

yes they come stock with launch control lol. i was with my buddy a few times when he did it. you turn the ac off, have it in 1st gear and completely stopped (of course), and put the gas to the floor, it should set itself around 4500, or 5500 rpm's lol. try it out man.

any plans to put that b16 in anything?
    The Honda mechanic said that was the rev limiter. Limits the rpms when in neutral or with the clutch in. Barking the tires in 3 gears is a snap---4 gears with traction control off!
    B16??? This is a K20

Tom
    Last edited by tcuillier; 11-21-2009 at 02:08 AM.

no sir that's launch control. and i was talking about the guy under you a few posts up lol. i'm well aware of what the new si's have in them.

Step bumer & CCW's FTW!

Status

trying to sell the B16

2012 RAM R/T
    Belltech.

2010 Challenger R/T

how much?

Step bumer & CCW's FTW!

Status

$1,200 OBDO LSD cable tranny

2012 RAM R/T
    Belltech.

2010 Challenger R/T

DRTC #311

Status

hmm.... i could use a new boat anchor.
    pete

hmmm almost funny. that motor with the right supporting mods such as the right header, intake, full exhaust, intake mani, and a good tune will run mid 13's in a 88-91 hatch or crx.

Status

no sir that's launch control. and i was talking about the guy under you a few posts up lol. i'm well aware of what the new si's have in them.
    I just went out and tried what you said. With foot to the floor & clutch IN, revs are limited to about 4800 rpm, with or without the A/C on. Does the exact same thing in 2nd gear and 3rd (didn't try any others). Also does the exact same thing in Neutral. I don't think that qualifies as "launch control"! Hell, my '09 Pontiac Torrent (company car) limits the revs in neutral to 4000 and if I remember right, even the R/T has a neutral rev limiter.
    By the way, I didn't drop the clutch at 4800, I'm not stupid.
    I've launched my Si at 2500, dropped the clutch---tires go up in smoke. That's WITH traction control ON. I would never drop the clutch at 4500 or above---total waste of tires.

Tom
    Last edited by tcuillier; 11-21-2009 at 05:54 AM.

DRTC #311

Status

hmmm almost funny. that motor with the right supporting mods such as the right header, intake, full exhaust, intake mani, and a good tune will run mid 13's in a 88-91 hatch or crx.
    .... its still a civic.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pete102580 View Post
    .... its still a civic.
    True that!

CDXX

Status
    Blog Entries
    Pro Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Pete102580 View Post
    hmm.... i could use a new boat anchor.
    pete
    LMFAO..

DRTC #1064

I just went out and tried what you said. With foot to the floor & clutch IN, revs are limited to about 4800 rpm, with or without the A/C on. Does the exact same thing in 2nd gear and 3rd (didn't try any others). Also does the exact same thing in Neutral. I don't think that qualifies as "launch control"! Hell, my '09 Pontiac Torrent (company car) limits the revs in neutral to 4000 and if I remember right, even the R/T has a neutral rev limiter.
    By the way, I didn't drop the clutch at 4800, I'm not stupid.
    I've launched my Si at 2500, dropped the clutch---tires go up in smoke. That's WITH traction control ON. I would never drop the clutch at 4500 or above---total waste of tires.

Tom
    hmm that's weird by buddy swore up and down that it was launch control. swore they said that in car and driver when they did the right up on the car lol. i was misinformed. he launch it from there on time. slipped the hell out the clutch and pedaled the gas. it didn't do too bad but he was majorly slipping the clutch too.

Default think i messed up

well its like this i got a 92 four door civic and just took the single cam out and put a dual cam in it runs its ass off but no more 40 mpg but i can honestly say my buddy provoked this swap by tellin me i needed somethin with some balls behind and have fun with and keep the miles off of my truck but it just isnt the same i still love my rt no matter what

my r/t hits the same limiter no matter if its in neutral or drive

Status

Check out this vid i made a while ago sitting around the house bored & & all the dumb asses argueing about it, plus my SS with the old cam, put a much bigger one in it,should have 450 to 470 whp when done plus a 150 shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcf3E71eIRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJBzmctRjus
    Last edited by 02 R/T KOTA; 12-20-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Because The Rock said so !

hey man that shit was funny but i cant simply knock a 4 banger any more they have made me a believer i just done a ls vtech swap in my flat black 92 eg civic 4dr the motor is just under 11 1/2: 1 compression which means the pistons arent stock anymore but thsi thing un tuned runnin on a integra type R base map is just retarded my mom had a newer impala ss with the 5.3l which she just traded in for a tahoe like two weeks ago but i smoked it and a couple of mustangs have fallen victom to it but it still gets over 30 mpg untuned but i really never thought i would be on the dyno with a damn 4banger but a sit of cams and a good tune it will really run its ass off but dont get me wrong i love my rt and v8s but this was a complete budget build and i have just over a grand the whole swap and it is a blast to drive but with this economy somethin that is quick and and fun to drive and still gets great mpg is priceless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast