+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hi guys, new and buying in Omaha Nebraska

Wait....you've explained the two tone joke....but what about the running boards comment?

OG DRTC

Status

Had running boards on my '99 R/T. People gave me shit for having running boards on a "sport" truck saying they didn't belong.

Well I got it. So far its GREAT!!! I was just thinking while driving home, what should the RPM's be while doing 60ish. Just sorta curious. Its been a while since I've had a V8. I think they were right around 2k when going 60. Is that about right?

Send Lawyers Guns & Money

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    Had running boards on my '99 R/T. People gave me shit for having running boards on a "sport" truck saying they didn't belong.
    LuckEEEEE! Ever take it off any sweet jumps?
    Alan Short
    D.R.T.C. #15

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by grapejuice1998 View Post
    LuckEEEEE! Ever take it off any sweet jumps?
    No, but Pedro offered me his protection.

OG DRTC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by boss99er View Post
    Well I got it. So far its GREAT!!! I was just thinking while driving home, what should the RPM's be while doing 60ish. Just sorta curious. Its been a while since I've had a V8. I think they were right around 2k when going 60. Is that about right?
    Yes, with the R/Ts, should be right at 2K RPM @ 60mph. Kick the OD off and it should jump to right at 3K RPMs.

Hey do you guys know where I can get the stock R/T badges? There are none on the pickup. I kinda like them.

Matt

OG DRTC

Status

Hey do you guys know where I can get the stock R/T badges? There are none on the pickup. I kinda like them.

Matt
    Go a little differen't like me and get reflective ones. The ones on the white truck are silver reflective.

And the ones I had o my old blue truck were black reflective.

Custom made or purchased? My wife is a designer and hates the font R/T is written in.

OG DRTC

Status

They were purchased from www.reflectiveconcepts.com They are the stock style decals that come on the R/Ts. Got them for free because I supplied them my vin # so they could have a template to make them. They don't list them on the website though because Dodge won't give them a license to sell them. If you want them, just email them and tell them I refered you. I went with the silver reflective on my white truck because they are kind of ghost decals during the day and at certain angles you can't see them at all. Used black on my blue truck because they didnt stand out as much during the day as the stock silver decals. But then again, they both stand out a lot ot night, so i guess not all that subtle. lol On my current truck, only using the 5.9 R/T on the doors and not "DAKOTA". Think it's looks better that way. Unless you go custom designed, the only other option is the chrome badges from the Other Dodge R/T models.

As far as your wife and the font, that's what sets us apart from the other R/T models. It's not the standard block letters that you see every day.

Hey guys...I have noticed something. I guess I dont know for sure, but I feel like my R/T is a little lazy accelerating while doing 50-60ish. All I have to compare this with is my old 1995 Camaro Z28. I realize this pickup wont accelerate like that did...and I have durango wheels with big truck tires on it right now. Maybe with the R/T rims and performance tires it will feel different. Should it still pull pretty hard? Its probably impossible for someone to say without driving it. Oh...and they were 17" R/T rims. Not 18" like he said. Ahh well.

Oh, and I checked in the intake. There is some oil in there. How much should there be? I know the PCV probably leaks some in...but how much should there be? What exactly happens when that gasket goes out? Does it make any noticable problems, or just burns oil?

OG DRTC

Status

There shouldn't be any oil in the intake manifold. At least not noticeable. What happens is it burns more oil and will cause detonation in the summer. Need to upgrade to a 2bbl M1.

As for the acceleration, it's hard to say without driving it, but even I haven't driven a stock R/T in a very long time. With the M1 and a ported throttle body, the 50MPH rolling WOT will feel a lot better than with the stock stuff. With the stock beer barrel, about a 30mph punch should feel pretty good.

Ha ha, I follow what you mean on the M1. How much do those run? What do you mean though about the stock beer barrel?

OG DRTC

Status

Beer barrel is the common name for the stock intake manifold due to it's resemblance of a beer keg. Also referred to as the kegger. Either way, it's designed for low end torque and towing, not WOT high speed runs. There are some things you can do to it to make it better while you have it apart to re-do the belly pan gasket.

Oh, so I can just redo the gasket for now? I'm not sure I have the funds to buy the M1 just outta the blue.

OG DRTC

Status

Yes, you can just re-do the plunum gasket on the stock intake manifold.

Cool, I might have to just do that for now. How much difference does a K&N FIPK make on these? I've put them on a car before but it didnt do a whole lot. Although, the car wasnt fast to begin with. I think I saw the FIPK were arount $250, and the M1 was around $400? Would that make quite a difference? I'm sorry I have so many questions...I've never had a truck...and its been a few years since I've had a V8 even. Once more question though. I want to put tailpipes on it. Right now they dumb above the axle and that makes a pretty loud drone in the cab. Know any good shops that wont charge me a ton?

You can do the "K&N Filter kit" mod for under $200. Offset base, 2.213" K&N Filter, and a K&N Extream lid. Looks good, functions good, and not tha pricey. I haven't done it yet, but it seems better then a CAI to me
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

Is that the one that puts just a circle "carburated style" filter on the top? That does look good!

Sure is
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

So, I need this? But what is the offset base thing you mentioned?

http://store.knfilters.com/search/pr...x?Prod=66-3110

Wait....I dont think thats the kit I need. Well this is harder than it should be......
    Last edited by boss99er; 03-02-2009 at 01:25 AM.

So, I need this? But what is the offset base thing you mentioned?

http://store.knfilters.com/search/pr...x?Prod=66-3110
    No, the kit for the Dak's locates the filter in the front corner ( pass./side ) with a heat shield between it & the motor. It makes a big improvement!

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

So you say skip the custom filter and go with the Fipk?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast