+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi guys, new and buying in Omaha Nebraska

Default Hi guys, new and buying in Omaha Nebraska

Hey guys, I found a 1999 Dakota R/T with 108k on it. Its red with regular cab. Would $4000 for that pickup be a pretty good deal? Look forward to joining the community.

I guess I should start talking like I belong here. Its a 99 Flame Red RC with 108,000 miles. Hows that?

make it bigger STROKE IT

Status

Hey man and welcome to the forum. If the body is in good shape (paint and cosmetics) and you like the truck I'd say its a fair deal. One thing is try and find the background on the work that has been done to the truck. The transmission are a little weak from the factory so one your test drive make sure it shifts smooth and one time.

Forged 408 12.10 @ 111mph under the knife again

bitch truck

Status

welcome, agreed with the tranny issue but otherwise sounds about right on a price
    Mike

:#424/1671 2001 Ext. Cab Dakota R/T: - SOLD
    :2009 Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab: - Some mods.......

Quote Originally Posted by boss99er View Post
    I guess I should start talking like I belong here. Its a 99 Flame Red RC with 108,000 miles. Hows that?
    Welcome! If it's in good shape then you did good!
    Now that your here, we'll help you spend lots more money on it!

99 BK RC R/T
    99 SY RC R/T
    98 IB RC R/T

Welcome to the club. These are some nice trucks, and once you get it, you'll fall in love with it. I sure did

Nice to have ya aboard ( navy humor /end)
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

Wow...thanks for all of the responses! Actually I asked about the tranny and he said 2 years ago it started acting up and he had it overhauled. Last night while driving it, it seemed ok to me. About the spending money comment...I'll have to find a way to do it without my wife finding out. Ha ha.

Well...it sounds like the deal is going through. Pretty excited. Its got a set of Durango wheels with winter tires, and a set of R/T rims with performance tires. Question though...he said the R/T rims are 18".....did they make 18" R/T rims? I think he meant 17 inch.

Well...it sounds like the deal is going through. Pretty excited. Its got a set of Durango wheels with winter tires, and a set of R/T rims with performance tires. Question though...he said the R/T rims are 18".....did they make 18" R/T rims? I think he meant 17 inch.
    Factory ones are 17" but you could get an aftermarket Chrome or Silver in 20".

Were there ever 18" r/t rims at all?

Were there ever 18" r/t rims at all?
    Not that I am aware of.

I'll just have to check it out when I buy it. Sounds like the deal is going to go through.

Status

Look on the tire and the last 2 #s at the end of a long line of #s is the wheel size. Correct me if I'm wrong

-Justin

Oh, ha ha yeah I know where to look...I just havent seen the spare set yet. Thanks though! And yes, you're right. Thats where the wheel diameter is.

DRTC #311

Status

Hey guys, I found a 1999 Dakota R/T with 108k on it. Its red with regular cab. Would $4000 for that pickup be a pretty good deal? Look forward to joining the community.
    i think its a fair deal if you're happy with how it drives and looks.
    pete

OG DRTC

Status

Hey man, I live in Bellevue, and work in CB. If you want to have it checked out by a long time R/T owner who knows the things to look for let me know. And pretty sure I know the truck you are talking about. hskr@cox.net

Hey that would be awesome. The truck is all the over in Millard though....I live close to Field Club. If you know where Lo Sole Mio is, you can find my house. I think I'm closing the deal on Friday...so I dont know when we would be able to check it out.

make it bigger STROKE IT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hskr View Post
    Hey man, I live in Bellevue, and work in CB. If you want to have it checked out by a long time R/T owner who knows the things to look for let me know. And pretty sure I know the truck you are talking about. hskr@cox.net
    make sure it has the 2 tone paint scheme

Forged 408 12.10 @ 111mph under the knife again

Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slvr03dakrt View Post
    make sure it has the 2 tone paint scheme

And running boards

OG DRTC

Status

Hey that would be awesome. The truck is all the over in Millard though....I live close to Field Club. If you know where Lo Sole Mio is, you can find my house. I think I'm closing the deal on Friday...so I dont know when we would be able to check it out.
    Yeah, I've eaten at Lo Sole Mio. Wasn't impressed with it, but everyone else seems to think it's the best place to eat.

Used to work in Millard. It's not that far of a drive. And ignore the comments from the peanut gallery. They're just haters who like to give me shit.

OG DRTC

Status

And we can always meet up afterward the deal if you want. I'm interested to see these supposed 18" wheels. I tried replying to him on nestreetscene, but he's ignored me there.

Oh really? The pickup was on another site?

Do you have a link to the page he talked about the pickup?

OG DRTC

Status

Email sent about the other forum.

Thanks for the help Brian!!! I hope some day I too can have a two tone ride. Ha ha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast