+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 01 R/T Exhaust Question/Reccomendation

Status

Default 01 R/T Exhaust Question/Reccomendation

I own a 2001 CC R/T that is stock short of a highflow filter and a flowmaster suv muffler dumped before the axle. Ive searched alot but have not found any definitive answers so heres my question. I bought a 3" inlet dual 2.5" outlet original 40 series flowmaster muffler with 12" turndown pipes to be mounted on the outlets of the muffler. What I want is an exhaust shop to custom bend/weld a 3" pipe from the muffler as far up the oem exhaust system as possibile. How much pipe can I replace? Can I get rid of the third cat? Also could I have him make a custom y pipe from the oem manifolds with no cats and just have bungs installed for the o2 sensors and if so, what will I have to do to get rid of the cel's? If you have a similar set up please let me know. I dont have the money for mid length headers or a set up like that, but I still want a free flowing set up with in my price range which is around 300.00 ( I already have the muffler).. Well thanks in advance for your help!! Chris

Unnamed moocher

Status

Dont waste your money on that...especially crimp bends.

No muffler shop around here (904) can do mandrel bends.

I have a set of headers with a Y pipe you could connect to your muffler that I could sell you pretty inexpensive.

It has all the ports for the stock sensors so you can delete the cats

+ Reply to Thread