+ Reply to Thread

Thread: inside wheel lip rubbing mystery

Status

Default inside wheel lip rubbing mystery

So ever since I replaced the upper and lower ball joints and the lower control arm bushings about 2 years ago (I did the upper control arm bushings 7 years ago) I get this scrapping sound when I hit a bump.
    I thought it was the tire rubbing on the inner fender since i have stock sized tires and im lowered but only about 1" in front. So im doing some other repair underneath and saw the inside of my wheel lip is ground down.
    I cant figure out for the life of me what it is rubbing on. I have plenty of clearance with everything. I cannot even see anything with friction marks on it!
    Any thoughts anyone? Oh and by the way this is on the drivers side, the passenger side does not do it and it has stock 17" r/t wheels.

Status

So I did the 2003 durango brake upgrade and had it aligned at a great shop and they found the sway bar was mounted a little more to the driver side then the passenger side.They loosened the bushing bolts and moved it over about 4mm. Mystery solved. I cant beleive no one else had this problem I guess this forum is just dead. Were left to the facebook page with all the negative idiots.

I like this forum better than FB, too many negatives on FB. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot members on this forum anymore, so the knowledge/history/experience based has gone down. Mystery noises can be difficult to solve and I don't remember ever seeing a sway bar offset causing a clunk/rubbing noise. Glad you found the solution and followed up with a post so it will be here for the future searches. You could update the title of the post to be more inline with the problem so future searches will be easier to find.

+ Reply to Thread