+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel sync??

Status

Default Fuel sync??

Hey guys don’t know if I’m in right section but what do I set my fuel sync to added heads from Hughes and a cam with 1.7 rockers lift is 561/570 -218/224 duration 114center

Do you have a Solus scanner?

Status

Don’t have any scanners trying to find the snap on mt2500 any other scanner’s work and what should I set it to when I can

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by pat d View Post
    Don’t have any scanners trying to find the snap on mt2500 any other scanner’s work and what should I set it to when I can
    Set to 0 to +4. My tuner recommends +4, I believe my daily was happier at +2 with similar mods to what you have.
    Dealer should also be able to set it, not sure what they charge.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

What Go FastGary said, most engines are happy 0 to +4. When I set mine, the number moved around some, so I set it at +2. Some dealers can set it, some don't know what it is, depends on how old the techs are and experience. Make sure if you get the MT2500, you get the right key (13 or 13A depending on the year).

Supporting Vendor

Status

I'd agree with 0 to +4, seems to be the most popular consensus. However, I have never been able to find anything concrete in this regard. Years ago, I had the dealer set it at +4. The dealer tech initially had no idea what I was talking about. After several failed attempts to find the sync setting in their DRB scanner, we finally found it. The dealer charged $125 for something they had no idea about back in 2007. After I picked up a Snap On MT2500 scanner, I experimented with various settings, and really couldn't tell a difference. Perhaps a dyno session would be more telling.

Supporting Vendor

Status

The earliest information I could find on this was by Speed Tweaks around the early 2000's. There is/was some controversy on the reliability of Speed Tweaks information in general, depending upon who you talked to at the time. Speed Tweaks recommended -1 to +4. Where the author of Speed Tweaks acquired this information, I don't know.
    Last edited by 98Dak408; 03-16-2023 at 04:10 PM.

Status

Thank for the response my guy to supposedly set it +3+4 I didn’t see him actually do it so I say supposedly so the truck runs ok but I’m getting a backfire and a small popping noise when accelerating and when I let off also seam like it wants to stall when coming to a stop any suggestions before the head and cam I had frp super 93 tune I know I have to update tune could this be causing this to happen

Thank for the response my guy to supposedly set it +3+4 I didn’t see him actually do it so I say supposedly so the truck runs ok but I’m getting a backfire and a small popping noise when accelerating and when I let off also seam like it wants to stall when coming to a stop any suggestions before the head and cam I had frp super 93 tune I know I have to update tune could this be causing this to happen
    When mine was doing that, I checked the sync and it was at +10. It was after someone had set it to +4, it ran good for about a month and then I started getting backfire and popping. The distributor was tight, not sure how it went from +4 to +10, but I set it back to +2 and it has been fine. I would check the sync again.

Status

Thanks Mike I have to find someone else with a scanner to do it myself the guy borrowed one from somebody but after driving it it has kinda tuned itself but idle still drops to 500rpms when coming to a stop now I just need a tune trying to get a hold of FRP but not responding yet I had a tune and the sct unit from before and just need to update for cam and heads cam sound rowdy

Thanks Mike I have to find someone else with a scanner to do it myself the guy borrowed one from somebody but after driving it it has kinda tuned itself but idle still drops to 500rpms when coming to a stop now I just need a tune trying to get a hold of FRP but not responding yet I had a tune and the sct unit from before and just need to update for cam and heads cam sound rowdy
    Did you perform an idle sync?

Status

Yes tried that and I don’t think it helped going to try it a couple of times and then wait to get a hold of Ryan and see if tune will fix it right now it hangs and then goes low after stopping I think cam is really messing with computer

+ Reply to Thread