+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4bbl tb

Default 4bbl tb

I have a line on 4 BBL M1. Is there a 4BBL TB that is close to a bolt on?

I killed Goose

Status

https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-P515370.../dp/B00MJ3OXS6

Not cheap but it's a very nice piece.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

Even the Mopar is not a direct bolt on. Requires a new bracket for the throttle/kickdown/cruise. You can modify yours or if you can locate one of Todd's brackets would make it easier. Have to reverse the wiring on the TPS because it mounts and turn in reverse. Also need a spacer for clearing the fuel rails. You will also need to hone out the TPS holes and clock it so you get TPS voltages. The simple step would be to get the 2bbl adapter an get a B&K.

All that said. I have a used MP 4bbl, modified brackets, spacer, sensors, and a Hughes 2bbl adapter that I'd let go. I switched over to to Accel 1350 3bbl last year. Was never happy with the drivability with the MP unit.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Quote Originally Posted by evilrt View Post
    Even the Mopar is not a direct bolt on. Requires a new bracket for the throttle/kickdown/cruise. You can modify yours or if you can locate one of Todd's brackets would make it easier. Have to reverse the wiring on the TPS because it mounts and turn in reverse. Also need a spacer for clearing the fuel rails. You will also need to hone out the TPS holes and clock it so you get TPS voltages. The simple step would be to get the 2bbl adapter an get a B&K.

All that said. I have a used MP 4bbl, modified brackets, spacer, sensors, and a Hughes 2bbl adapter that I'd let go. I switched over to to Accel 1350 3bbl last year. Was never happy with the drivability with the MP unit.
    Can you tell us more about the Accel 1350 3bbl?

Status

I also tried the accel 1350 and it became Pain in the ass

Status

Don't have a lot of miles on the 1350. Had some idle hang issues with it. Also had the same thing with the MP unit. Some said it can be fixed with a flash, but at the end of the year think I sorted it. Was using a GM IAC that came with the Accel. I modified the tip on a Mopar unit and idle seem to work much better, but didn't get to drive it much after that due winter hitting.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

How much HP do you think the F&B 58MM or UTAwsome mono blade will support? Is it better to stick with them?

+ Reply to Thread