+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electric fan turn on temp Hptuners

Status

Default Electric fan turn on temp Hptuners

So I was planning on using hptuners to change the fan temp so I was waiting to purchase the new version of hptuners then come to find out there is no support for our ecu and now they wont sale the older version.
    Is there another way for me to change the fan turn on temps?
    I have converted to solely electric cooling on my y2k and do not want to put that clutch fan back on when winter is over. Any suggestions?

Status

You may want to check with Flyin Ryan. https://frptuning.com/ He advertised having having the MVP2plus.. Website still has them, but marked up to $650. Supply and demand I guess.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Status

Ouch so over 700 with tax. I guess Ill wait and see if there going to make the newest one compatible and just run my a/c all the time in the meantime.

Status

Why don't you get an electric fan controller from Summit Racing. You can set it to turn on at a pre-determined temperature or add an on/off switch to control it manually.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Any R/T's View Post
    Why don't you get an electric fan controller from Summit Racing. You can set it to turn on at a pre-determined temperature or add an on/off switch to control it manually.
    It would just be so much easier with the ecu controlling it and I want to keep it stockish looking under the hood. I even retained my stock 2000 fan shroud everone hates.
    But... If I do go with a fan controller will the ecu bug out if I dont have a fan plugged into the stock harness?

Quote Originally Posted by daninsac View Post
    Ouch so over 700 with tax. I guess Ill wait and see if there going to make the newest one compatible and just run my a/c all the time in the meantime.
    HPtuners is working on adding JTEC to the MPVI3.

Status

The fan controller has no affect on the pcm. It will turn on the fan 3 ways. #1 the same as your oem fan works, #2 buy the temp you set, #3 with a on/off manual switch. There isn't much to hide under the hood. I've used my Perma-Cool kit #18905 on my 2000 R/T for 10 years now. No problems. You can see a picture of it at Summitracing.com

Status

No control on my 98, I have a Viper electric fan with an external controller that kick on at the set temp. Have switches to manual turn the fan on and a high and low speed. Was on the truck when I bought it from Alan. Been working flawlessly for years.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Status

I found and bought a new MPVI2 with 9 credits for $570 with tax. Alot of $ to just turn on the fan earlier but im sure it will come in handy if I ever do a cam swap or other stuff and I have credits for future vehicles.
    I have the mopar performance ecu so I dont think ill make any other changes while still stock. Seems there isnt hardly much info on using these on our magnum engines

Status

Got my fan turning on at 185! best mod so far getting rid of the clutch fan for good!

Got my fan turning on at 185! best mod so far getting rid of the clutch fan for good!
    How hard was is to set up the turn on/off the cooling fan with HP Turners? Did you use the MPVI2 or HPVI2+? I've been looking for HPVI2+ on facebook market place, but if I find one they crazy money. But I can find MVPI2 for a decent price sometimes. I'm not really sure of the difference between the two.

Status

I got a brand new MPVI2 with 9 credits for a little over $500 I found it on walmart dot com. It arrived in a sealed shelf worn package so looked to be new old stock.
    I figured if I tune enough cars to use up the credits I get my moneys worth. The pro version i think includes a standalone data logger wich in my case I do not need right now but I looks to be still buyable from hp tuners.
    It was very easy to change the fan turn on temps. hptuner111.jpg

I got a brand new MPVI2 with 9 credits for a little over $500 I found it on walmart dot com. It arrived in a sealed shelf worn package so looked to be new old stock.
    I figured if I tune enough cars to use up the credits I get my moneys worth. The pro version i think includes a standalone data logger wich in my case I do not need right now but I looks to be still buyable from hp tuners.
    It was very easy to change the fan turn on temps. hptuner111.jpg
    I got my MPVI2, I found the fan page, thank you. What temp thermostat are you running? I think mine has 2 credits, are the credits all the same or do I have to buy "dodge" credits?

Status

I run a 180 thermostat, the credits on the mpvi2 are universal. The nice thing is our trucks only take 1 credit so I still have 8 left.

Standing at the front of the truck looking in, which does the nut turn to take off the clutch fan? Clockwise or counterclockwise?

Status

Counter clockwise, its easy if you follow this guys directions. I use a big ass crescent wrench bought cheap from harbor freight. Takes quite a few wacks sometimes but eventually it gives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73dOJ7lEb-Q

+ Reply to Thread