+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost and Found

Status

Default Lost and Found

New to the RT forum.. Not new to the RT trucks.. I Had a yellow 99 that I owned for 5 yrs from 99-05.. I regretted selling so spent the last 17 years look for it.. Then all of sudden there she was VIN# matched.. Little did I know it was a forum members truck know as (PPLHZ03RT) Yes this is don's old truck.. I have purchased it back.. It feels good to have it back.. Few extra mods on it than expected but still love the truck..

dakota 3.jpg

Status

Welcome back. Had a similar story a couple years ago. My original truck was found at the start of Covid and was abandon on some property. In tact, but pretty beat up. In touch with the current owner. Last I hear he's still trying sort the title. Ended up buying another founding member's truck.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Status

Hey, glad you found your old truck! Not sure, but I probably have your original trans in my r/t. Dan Bennett hooked me up with Don thinking it was a good trans. (wasn't). Now that I wrote that...I'll bet it is from his black r/t that he did a 5spd conversion in. Anyway, small world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostrt View Post
    New to the RT forum.. Not new to the RT trucks.. I Had a yellow 99 that I owned for 5 yrs from 99-05.. I regretted selling so spent the last 17 years look for it.. Then all of sudden there she was VIN# matched.. Little did I know it was a forum members truck know as (PPLHZ03RT) Yes this is don's old truck.. I have purchased it back.. It feels good to have it back.. Few extra mods on it than expected but still love the truck..

dakota 3.jpg
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Accumulating parts...

Status

Welcome back!
    Did you search the Yahoo groups looking for us first
    Funny how many people get tired or bored with these trucks, but always regret selling and buy another. I think Steve Feiler contemplated looking for his ninth...
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Quote Originally Posted by Lostrt View Post

dakota 3.jpg
    I like those wheels . Prolly not available any longer from whomever made them

+ Reply to Thread