+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't get SCT 9550 to Connect

Default Can't get SCT 9550 to Connect

I know the SCT 9550 is no longer supported but i have one and need to get a FRP Tune loaded onto it.

I downloaded the SCT Device updater software from SCT and it didn't work. Then contacted SCT and they say that they no longer have the correct software. I contacted FRP and they can't help due to liability concerns.

I found the 2017 Device updater and it's not detecting the tuner. I downloaded the updated drivers and still no dice. I went into the device manager and am getting a connection error on the tuner.

I've found a link to the Live Load 6.5 on the derive system website but need admin access to download it.

I've used different USB ports, different cables and can't seem to get it to connect.

I'm almost to the point of buying a newer tuner and loading the tune on there.

Does anyone know of anyway to get this tuner to actually connect to the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegeDG View Post
    I know the SCT 9550 is no longer supported but i have one and need to get a FRP Tune loaded onto it.

I downloaded the SCT Device updater software from SCT and it didn't work. Then contacted SCT and they say that they no longer have the correct software. I contacted FRP and they can't help due to liability concerns.

I found the 2017 Device updater and it's not detecting the tuner. I downloaded the updated drivers and still no dice. I went into the device manager and am getting a connection error on the tuner.

I've found a link to the Live Load 6.5 on the derive system website but need admin access to download it.

I've used different USB ports, different cables and can't seem to get it to connect.

I'm almost to the point of buying a newer tuner and loading the tune on there.

Does anyone know of anyway to get this tuner to actually connect to the computer?
    How long are you waiting for it to load? Is the the back of the SCT getting hot?

I wait until i get the "make sure the device is connected message."

Quote Originally Posted by SiegeDG View Post
    I wait until i get the "make sure the device is connected message."
    Sounds stupid, but hold a soft ice pack on the back of it and see it helps.

The back doesn't get hot but I did the ice pack trick just to be safe. Still no luck though.

UPDATE:
    I found live load software and it connects to my SCT 9550 but the tune file is a cef file and live load uses an ll3 file. Does anyone know of anyway to change the file format?
    Last edited by SiegeDG; 10-09-2022 at 03:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread