+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HP Tuners

Default HP Tuners

I want to get a HP Tuner, should I get the MPVI2+ or MPVI3? I emailed HP Tuner and asked them some questions on what to order and their response was basically useless and they referred me to their Blog. What else do I need besides the basic package?

Status

MPVI3 appears to be pre-order. Unless you plan on using it with more modern vehicles, the 2+ will be just fine with our antique systems.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

HP Tuner got back with me, HPVI3 is not compatible with JTEC, only HPVI2 and HPVI2+ is. They aren't carrying HPVI2+, so now that I want to purchase a tuner, I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    HP Tuner got back with me, HPVI3 is not compatible with JTEC
    that's some stupid shit right there... wow. i was waiting for the new version.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

Supporting Vendor

Status

They aren't carrying HPVI2+, so now that I want to purchase a tuner, I can't.
    Is that because it's on back order, or completely discontinued?

Supporting Vendor

Status

One of my suppliers' websites state the MPV2 is discontinued.

something seems fishy... the HP Tuner website indicates that jtec vehicles are supported.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

Supporting Vendor

Status

something seems fishy... the HP Tuner website indicates that jtec vehicles are supported.
    I see evilrt has already been investigating. According to HP Tuners, they haven't figured out software glitches with the MpvI3 yet. I hope they do.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...MpvI3-and-Jtec

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...1-jtec-and-HPT

Supporting Vendor

Status

On a side note, I went to the HP Tuners booth at the PRI show last year to inquire about their units and Dodge tuning. They just told me to take a look on their forum. lol That was helpful!

MPVI2 is discontinued and MPVI3 is not compatible with JTEC yet, they are working a fix for it.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    I see evilrt has already been investigating. According to HP Tuners, they haven't figured out software glitches with the MpvI3 yet. I hope they do.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...MpvI3-and-Jtec

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...1-jtec-and-HPT
    Different Evilrt.. or guess it's EvilR/T, Pretty sure I had it first.. 99ish on Yahoo groups. Anyway glad I have my 2+.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Quote Originally Posted by evilrt View Post
    Different Evilrt.. or guess it's EvilR/T, Pretty sure I had it first.. 99ish on Yahoo groups. Anyway glad I have my 2+.
    I need one. Almost bought a MPVI3, was emailing back forth with the company and they never told me it didn't support JTEC. I would ask questions and they kept sending me "copy and paste" canned generic answers and telling to go to the forums. Really poor product support in my opinion. They don't know their own product, I had to read through all the forum pages to find out MPVI3 didn't support JTEC yet. If they weren't the only game in town, I would go somewhere else.

Just jumped over to HP Tuners forum, looks like there are lot of ticked off JTEC people, they bought a MPVI3 (which is listed as compatible (Dodge/Jeep), the credits and bricked their PCM. Now they don't have a means to reload a new / old tune file....

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    I need one. Almost bought a MPVI3, was emailing back forth with the company and they never told me it didn't support JTEC. I would ask questions and they kept sending me "copy and paste" canned generic answers and telling to go to the forums. Really poor product support in my opinion. They don't know their own product, I had to read through all the forum pages to find out MPVI3 didn't support JTEC yet. If they weren't the only game in town, I would go somewhere else.

Just jumped over to HP Tuners forum, looks like there are lot of ticked off JTEC people, they bought a MPVI3 (which is listed as compatible (Dodge/Jeep), the credits and bricked their PCM. Now they don't have a means to reload a new / old tune file....
    Damn! That would be VERY frustrating.
    I contemplated buying the MPVI2 as a back-up to my SCT or future upgrade. Maybe when the JTEC is figured out on the 3.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

I have a v2 and use it on my rt.

Not as powerful as with the lsx engines

Can't turn off trouble codes

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    I have a v2 and use it on my rt.

Not as powerful as with the lsx engines

Can't turn off trouble codes
    What codes? How are you currently tuning the Vortech? SCT not an option for you?
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Sorry I mean the hptuners device

Status

Since it's discontinued and think some people were looking for the 2+.

HP Tuners MPVI 2+

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...are_attachment
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Quote Originally Posted by evilrt View Post
    Since it's discontinued and think some people were looking for the 2+.

HP Tuners MPVI 2+

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...are_attachment
    Is the link good? I get an error when I click on it.

Status

Didn't last long. Marked sold. It was in a Hemi parts swap group on Facebook, if you not a member you may not have been able to see it.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

+ Reply to Thread