+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission anti-drain back valve

Default Transmission anti-drain back valve

I want to remove the transmission anti-drain back valve from my 2001 R/T. Everything I looked up said remove the return line and push, drill or pick the ball and spring out. Looking at my rubber line, to the right, there is a crimp line going a quick disconnect, to a hard line to radiator and to the left, crimp rubber line, to a hard line all the way to the transmission. I don't see a access point the push, drill or pick the ball and spring out. the only thing I can think of is to cut the rubber line and remove the ball and spring and then use a double barb fitting and clamp it back together. Am I missing something? The line to the right in the picture is the return line, the line with nut on it is the pressure line.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by musky mike; 07-23-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Okay, I figured it out. I took the quick disconnect off the return line and pushed a small welding rod up the hose, there was no check ball in the return line. So I then unscrewed the union on the pressure line and there was the check ball. Everything I read said the ball and spring is in the return line, but on mine, it is in the pressure line.

+ Reply to Thread