+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FUEL PUMP IN TANK HOSE, reasonable

Status
    Blog Entries

Default FUEL PUMP IN TANK HOSE, reasonable

This fuel pump hose-fuel inj. hose works for in tank use, very reasonable, 100 lbs. working pressure. $3.70 per foot. Aircraft Spruce.
    Super Flex 3R-10, Part #05-07223. -5/16, Works with all fuels.

Supporting Vendor

Status

I looked it up, but I couldn’t find where it states that it is submersible fuel line. For the price, I’d be a little doubtful unless confirmed. Might want to call them to be sure.

Status
    Blog Entries

I looked up the material it's made out of plus contacted super flex, plus soaked it in fuel no swelling, also had it under 100 lbs. press. in fuel [pump gas] no issues. There's another part # on the site that fuel hose is the same as, called that manufacturer, said will work in tank with all fuels. keep reading specs. Same as- Sae 30R7 hose. Has thermoplastic barrier- black Hypalon barrier.
    I purchased a submersible hose on Ebay, same material, only $20. a ft..
    Just trying to pass savings on. It's in my tank and working, plus test hose still soaking in fuel without issues.
    Last edited by packard1; 07-17-2022 at 01:25 AM.

Supporting Vendor

Status

I've used the Gates high pressure submersible hose on some projects, but it is usually $20-$40 per foot depending upon where you purchase it. If there is a comparable alternative, I'm certainly interested. However, Parker states it is comparable to SAE30R7, and from what I can find so far, is that SAE30R7 is "not intended for pressure lines or fuel injection". https://unisource-mfg.com/fuel-line-hose-sae-30r7/

I sent Parker an inquiry in this regard and am waiting their reply.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Parker replied:

"Hello Richard,
    The Super-Flex 397 hose is not submersible. We don't have any hoses in our division that can be submersed.

Thank you.
    Kris Edwards"

Status
    Blog Entries

Thanks for input, not what i was told on phone, hose is still in fuel under 100 lbs. press. , that's the 3R10 hose. I wouldn't recommend it now after what you found out. What's the number to hose you use ?r/t smile:

Supporting Vendor

Status

10' of Gates 5/16" submersible is 27080. The 1' section may have a different part number, but they are pretty much all on back order. Any 1' sections available are cut from the 10' sections and marked up a bit.

Status
    Blog Entries

Do you know what the cover is made of on Gates 27080?
    The info. for 3R10 hose states it's the same specs. [but more flexible] than 30R10, 30R10 states it's an in-tank hose. That's what i'm going by.
    The 3R10 is sold by an aircraft co. Look at add on aircraft spruce.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Where do you come up with the 3R-10 in the Aircraft Spruce ad?

Aircraft Spruce says its similar to SAE30R7. Aircraft Spruce says it’s the Parker brand. Parker says nothing they carry is submersible.

Aircraft Spruce ad: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...s/05-07223.php

Again, I don’t see anything about SAE30R10 rating, or the 3R-10 you are referring to.

Status
    Blog Entries

I went on [Bing], going by what's written on outside of my hose, Parker #39705, That's Parkers 397 Super Flex hose, researched all the materials it's made of,
    called a tech @Parker said will work submersed. Outside of that I have no ideas. I listed Aircraft Spruce part #. I made a suggestion. That's all.
    Still submersed with no adverse side effects, press. now 115 lbs. Just look up all the coverings and tube on whatever hose you're using.

Supporting Vendor

Status

It can take time for hose to break down if it is in an environment it wasn't designed for.

My research tells me not to use that Parker hose as submersible for high pressure fuel injection. If you are convinced otherwise, and are going to use it, good luck to you. I was just trying to help.

Status

With all this research you guys are doing on the fuel pump hose, does anyone have any idea where I can get the fuel pump sock for a 2000 R/T?

Supporting Vendor

Status

With all this research you guys are doing on the fuel pump hose, does anyone have any idea where I can get the fuel pump sock for a 2000 R/T?
    Is this what you are looking for? https://stores.hi-potek.com/dodge-da...een-1997-2003/

Status

Yes, That is it. I ordered one on your web page. Can't tell if it went through, didn't see any shipping cost.

+ Reply to Thread