+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NO START PO 300-306 CODE i'm back

Status
    Blog Entries

Default NO START PO 300-306 CODE i'm back

This is one i'll never forget, the ign wires [MSD] new cap [VENTED] alum contacts, experiencing po300 code - no start intermittent, END RESULT, while replacing coil wire with copper core. while removing wire from coil a lot of white powder fell out, corroded dist. alum. terminal, moisture getting in through vented cap leaking up coil post on cap. At times causing no start. Found brass-copper term cap @ Rock Auto, about $8. , sealed vent with silicone.
    I live in damp climate Fl. , even though stored in garage. The term. from inside of cap not totally sealed.
    Still running copper coil leed to cap, coil within 13 in. of dist., 60 yrs. of turning wrenches i've never heard of this. Never too old to learn

Status

Wow, glad you found it.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Doesn't surprise me, I just found out my distributor cap that was only 2 years old and 1000 miles on it was causing a low rpm intermintent misfire. Installed a new cap and all was well again.

Status
    Blog Entries

Be sure to get a brass-copper terminal cap, or same deal will happen again. also brass-copper term. rotor. i found mine at Rock Auto, both under $10.00 plus shipping. Have to read the description of cap and rotor. Amazing what aluminum corrosion will do. Plus, seal cap vent with silicone.

Status
    Blog Entries

I'M BACK, after about 700 miles driving down interstate @70 mph. cruise control on it quit running, slowed to 40 mph. i shut key off and turned back on started, runs normal ?? codes 300 through 308. multiple misfires. all ign. new, going for ign. switch next. After that has to be computer. Any ideas.

+ Reply to Thread