+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tranny pan

Default Tranny pan

Any use this before, does it really reduce temps?
    https://stores.hi-potek.com/derale-5...on-pan-cooler/

Status

While I don't own one, I have the Mopar one, I know there was an article written on the various transmission pans and how much temperature reduction you could see. If I remember correctly at highway driving it did reduce the temperature more than the finned ones but city driving it didn't reduce the temp any more than the stock pan. If I can find the article I'll post a link to it.
    Last edited by lilwhitetruck; 05-12-2022 at 04:46 AM.
    White 98D SLT+ 5.9, 2.02 R/T Heads, 1:7 RR, IP CAI, MP PCM, PPH Headers, M1, MP Deep Trannie Pan, Detroit in back. T/S Lift, Lookin for more stuff to do LOL!

Accumulating parts...

Status

I have this pan on my daily. Never hooked up my trans temp gauge to see what I'm getting (on to-do list). My only complaint is the drain plug is at the bottom and has scraped some speed bumps slightly denting the pan. I "could" use a set screw to avoid this, but don't want to deal with hassle of leaks or using Teflon tape. Truck is only 1" lower with hotchkis suspension too.
    My other truck has a Mopar pan. I like this one better. Thicker aluminum and drain plug on lower side. B&M makes a nice pan too.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

+ Reply to Thread