+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help with Qa1 Double Adjustable shocks and Hotchkis TVS

Status
    Blog Entries

Default Need Help with Qa1 Double Adjustable shocks and Hotchkis TVS

Looking for part numbers for double adjustable QA1 Shocks that will work with Full hotckis kit ..

Me too.

Status

I called QA a while back and tech support about went PHD on me about suspensions. Was calling about the fronts and they wanted length of the shock, at rest, fully compressed and fully extended. At the time the original Bilsteins where installed. Haven't followed up. Installed some much cheaper Belltech's for now. Torn on going full QA's or having the original tuned Bilsteins rebuilt.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by evilrt View Post
    I called QA a while back and tech support about went PHD on me about suspensions. Was calling about the fronts and they wanted length of the shock, at rest, fully compressed and fully extended. At the time the original Bilsteins where installed. Haven't followed up. Installed some much cheaper Belltech's for now. Torn on going full QA's or having the original tuned Bilsteins rebuilt.
    There is a sticky here for qa1 part numbers http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...w-part-numbers

But ultimately depends on your drop so measuring from the upper and lower mounting points with suspension loaded and unloaded is a safe way to go about it.
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Status

You really have to have the measurements and overall combo to get a good shock recommendation.
    Its easy to take a quick measurement.

Supporting Vendor

Status

You really have to have the measurements and overall combo to get a good shock recommendation.

Status
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately the Truck is still at stock height .. that’s why I’m asking if anyone on here that’s already used the regular Hotckis TVs kit remembers what model shocks from Qa1 they installed .. there were a lot of trucks running Qa 1 setup with their Hotckis .. I never had the bilstiens so I can measure them .. I have the factory original shocks on mine .. it’s only 25k miles on the truck

Status
    Blog Entries

I have a old set of Bilstiens that I forgot I had .. that I bought used from a member .. I’m probably going to measure these .. Hotchkis and Bilstien no longer carry anything for these trucks ., these shocks can probably be rebuilt by performance shocks in California.. I really like a t qa1 shocks if anyone else has info

Status

Bilstein can rebuild the shock. Last time I looked cost was about $200 per, plus shipping. Hence torn between that or adjustable QA's, I already have QA's on the back, really only need the front. Wonder what Performance Shock would charge to rebuild.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Status
    Blog Entries

Hi called both Hotchkis and Bilstein yesterday .. Performance Shock was recommended by Bilstien they handle all the rebuild according to who I spoke to.. Performance Shock quoted me 250 $ each based quote .. what Bilstien and Qa1 shocks are you running ? Evil RT

Status

I got QA1 single adjust on the rears. Older and installed by previous owner. Sticking my head under there and taking some pictures. I only see the QA1 sticker no part number. The Bilsteins I have are the worn out original TVS tuned from Hotchkis. Put BellTech street performance on the front as an interim. Kind of leaning toward just going QA1 on the front also. Was hesitant at $800 to rebuild the Bilsteins. Even more now that it will cost a grand probably another $100 at least in shipping there and back. When I was looking at fronts believe we were talking about the TD505's. But will be interested if you find out other info from QA1
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Status
    Blog Entries

I’m trying to sort that with qa1

Status

Another thing to consider is the accessibility of the adjustment. Getting to the dials on the rear is not a problem. Front will be more difficult.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Status
    Blog Entries

Obviously want it to handle better

Status
    Blog Entries

Qa1 is giving me a hard time finding a correct shock .. even though I’ve sent the measurements off the Hotckis Bilstiens .. that want to know ride height that truck will be with Hotckis installed

Status
    Blog Entries

Are rear Bilstiens black ? Blue boots Hps Sticker .. do you know you ride height ? With and without you in the truck

Status

Blue boots. IDK the ride height but could measure it. Ground to what point do they need?
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Status
    Blog Entries

If you have the regular Hotckis Drop.. he said and I quote this is what he needs as measurements” I’ll need the length of the shocks at ride height from center of mount to center of mount for the front and rear shocks.”

Accumulating parts...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by evilrt View Post
    Another thing to consider is the accessibility of the adjustment. Getting to the dials on the rear is not a problem. Front will be more difficult.
    I do it at the track. Stubby flat head screwdriver. There is a notch in the dial
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Status
    Blog Entries

Yes I did .. he still
    Needs measurements.. and he gave me part numbers that are more current .. but measurements are need like I posted before

Status

I'd like to help, I've got the tuned Bilsteins on a shelf. Belltech currently installed on the front. Truck is currently on Jack stands. Measuring the back shouldn't be a problem. Just not sure how to accomplish it on the front with the tire on and suspension loaded. Guessing while on jack stands take the tire off, load it with a jack, but still kind of guessing on the measurement. How precise does he need the measurement? Can he give a couple of ranges for available parts? Hotchkiss is a 2 inch drop from a stock Dakota.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Status
    Blog Entries

I appreciate that .. they only carry a few part numbers .. for 2 wheel drive Dakota .. he gave me the part numbers .. no specific for Dakota RT or even Regular sport .. dm me on here and I’ll email you what the sent .. as far as part numbers ., mine is stock ride height RT .. I finally find time to install the Hotchkis suspension.. it’s either rebuild these Bilstiens and hope the member I bought them from gave me the right Hotchkis spec shocks and rebuild them .. I don’t want to order or have the truck at a shop waiting on correct shocks

+ Reply to Thread