+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CI, Intake and cam

Default CI, Intake and cam

What size engine, Intake and cam are you running?

Status

Hey musky I wanted to start a thread on cam choices and a economical rocker arms but this will fit into your thread as far as intakes not a lot of choices I have the fI air gap and a stock cam and 1.7 non adjustable HS rockers I’m open for schooling !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pat d View Post
    Hey musky I wanted to start a thread on cam choices and a economical rocker arms but this will fit into your thread as far as intakes not a lot of choices I have the fI air gap and a stock cam and 1.7 non adjustable HS rockers I’m open for schooling !!!
    Sure, just wanted to hear what cam everyone is running.

Status

I found something interesting from UTAWESOME Performance about the stock kegger also looking for cam for a stock engine and still be streetable with the a/c

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    What size engine, Intake and cam are you running?
    360. Comp Cam 112 lsa, 512 lift, 216-226 @ .50 w 1.65 Hughes rockers from Rich (not economical but really good) and Air Gap mani.

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    360. Comp Cam 112 lsa, 512 lift, 216-226 @ .50 w 1.65 Hughes rockers from Rich (not economical but really good) and Air Gap mani.
    How does it run? Stock heads?

How does it run? Stock heads?
    It runs like we the ppl.
    Heads are Engine Quest cut .30 with port match to intake and warmed over a bit to flow 266 cfm at .500. Also 1 and 3/4" headers w dual 3" exhaust.
    Perfect street manners.

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

I found something interesting from UTAWESOME Performance about the stock kegger also looking for cam for a stock engine and still be streetable with the a/c
    Don't listen to Marty's hype about the stupid kegger.

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    It runs like we the ppl.
    Heads are Engine Quest cut .30 with port match to intake and warmed over a bit to flow 266 cfm at .500. Also 1 and 3/4" headers w dual 3" exhaust.
    Perfect street manners.
    I have a 360, Eddy heads, M1 intake, shorty headers, 2.5 dual exhaust, 208/214 (110 lobe center) .523/533 cam . I want to step up to ported heads and 218/222 (110 lobe center) .539/.549 cam , and PPG headers and keep the street manners.

Status

How big of a cam on a stock headed motor can you put in there and still use the 1.7 non adjustable rockers I know you need springs

I have a 360, Eddy heads, M1 intake, shorty headers, 2.5 dual exhaust, 208/214 (110 lobe center) .523/533 cam . I want to step up to ported heads and 218/222 (110 lobe center) .539/.549 cam , and PPG headers and keep the street manners.
    You aren't going to gain very much for the money spent. Your lift may be too much now without an increase in compression. You're talking a gain of about 1/100rth of an inch in lift
    I think the best thing you can do is cut your heads about 30 thousandths and match the intake port orifice and seat angle to the heads.
    If you're gonna change out the cam, it isn't worth the small increment you're thinking. Go 230-236 once you increased compression with that lift you mention otherwise you're better off with the shorter duration if you're trying to take advantage of your present cr.
    You should also think about changing out your TB to 53mm if you have less than that after the changes.
    If you want your engine to "huff" in and out, don't be afraid of going to the 1 and 3/4" Spintecs w 3" outlet all the way back otherwise keep what you have.

Is there something you didn't like about your present configuration? There were a couple guys on here that were hitting 12's with a 210 cam.
    Compression is king to awaken the 360. The pistons are buried pretty deep in the hole stock wise.
    Short of honing the block, cut your heads and go to a thinner head gasket and you'll notice a gain right there.
    The last thing you wanna do is port the heads too much and lose the velocity you need for power.
    Having a flow of 290 cfm at .700 is useless for a street machine.
    Get your optimum cfm at around .500-.550 to match your cam lift.
    Last edited by arro222; 05-03-2022 at 02:45 AM.

How big of a cam on a stock headed motor can you put in there and still use the 1.7 non adjustable rockers I know you need springs
    Most cams are measured at 1.6 ratio rockers.
    Considering the anemic cam that came with the 360, even a cam with .202-.205 duration and .456 lift will wake up the truck.
    The stock kegger was meant for low end torque and is done a little over 4200 rpm. No sense putting in a cam with high lift or long duration cuz you simply are not creating the air flow needed to take advantage of anything higher than that.

Status

I run a krc210 cam w/1.7 rr and the m1, remember, a lot of the ol timers were running 12s w/ small cam and the kegger, turtle mod and shorties

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nitroram33 View Post
    Don't listen to Marty's hype about the stupid kegger.
    I agree... It's a bunch of snake oil. Anyone can cut down the runners to get a tiny bit extra, but it's not worth all the time involved. And, then the port plates and valley pan...
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    I agree... It's a bunch of snake oil. Anyone can cut down the runners to get a tiny bit extra, but it's not worth all the time involved. And, then the port plates and valley pan...
    They even tested his junk on Engine Masters and it did basically nothing other than move the RPM range around a bit.

+ Reply to Thread