+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible transmission issue

Default Possible transmission issue

Team

Need some Advice from you professionals. I’m looking to buy a 2000 RT with 180k on the odometer. Seller stating that it’s currently not shifting so the car is undrivable. He changed out the solenoid 6 months ago and stating that could be the reason it’s not shifting. Or the truck just needs A rebuild. Not sure how much a trans rebuild would be on that.located in central texas. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated. Thank you

Supporting Vendor

Status

When transmissions start acting up, it's usually something that if not fixed now, will cost way more later as you roast it. I would figure the worst, and consider a transmission rebuild in the price.

You can check the trans fluid. If it smells or looks burnt, figure you will need a rebuild. As to how much it will cost, it depends upon what is wrong with it, and how long it was driven before it took a dump. If you take it to a trans shop for an evaluation, I can almost guarantee they will tell you it needs a rebuild, whether it does or not. But again, I would figure a total rebuild.

And it's probably got 180 K on the trans.

+ Reply to Thread