+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milodon 13600 Timing Gear

Supporting Vendor

Status

Default Milodon 13600 Timing Gear

I decided to try the Milodon 13600 timing gear for my new 408 build. I drilled and tapped the two extra bolt holes needed to hold the gear plate secure.

Note that the machine shop that did this block previously neglected to install the oil passage freeze plugs. (JDreamR/T )

Last edited by 98Dak408; 03-23-2022 at 04:53 PM.

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Note that the machine shop that did this block previously neglected to install the oil passage freeze plugs. (JDreamR/T )
    happy I can be the reference for this mistake, 1st things I looked for in these pictures lmao. I'm forever haunted by those plugs lol. Timing set looks stout, I wonder how it'll sound
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Supporting Vendor

Status

The single idler drives are apparently better than the dual idler gears, which make a lot of noise. I've heard that these gear drives are not as loud. Time will tell.

Status

Gear drive ? I wanted to do one on mine when I initially did the cam, but a lot of people said it would throw off the pcm cause of the noise

Supporting Vendor

Status

Gear drive ? I wanted to do one on mine when I initially did the cam, but a lot of people said it would throw off the pcm cause of the noise
    It's been a while since I researched this, but it was my understanding that it could cause problems with the knock sensor at high rpm (above 7000). To the best of my knowledge, my 1998 Dakota does not have a knock sensor. I also could not find any firsthand information from someone actually experiencing a problem with the pcm either. Since people tend to repeat what they think they understood what someone said, I can be a little skeptical from time-to-time, of the information passed around. I may end up eating my words though. lol I did find some people that reported no problem running the gear drive on EFI.

Status

Let me know how this sounds and if it works! I love that you do the r&d and report back to us!

Status

That's cool, I didn't know they still made gear drives let alone for the magnum!

Supporting Vendor

Status

That's cool, I didn't know they still made gear drives let alone for the magnum!
    It's actually made for the LA engine, and early 392 hemi, but can be adapted to the magnum block.
    Last edited by 98Dak408; 03-30-2022 at 12:57 AM.

Supporting Vendor

Status

A little Milodon promotion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt803PAQHek

+ Reply to Thread