+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Header question

Default Header question

Mopar, PPH and Kenne Bell mid-length headers, were the all the same? Just sold under different names?
    Last edited by musky mike; 03-08-2022 at 01:43 AM.

Status

Mopar, which were PPH (Mike Leach) and Doug Thorley which were also Mopar at one time are all mid-length. I don't know about Kenne Belle
    White 98D SLT+ 5.9, 2.02 R/T Heads, 1:7 RR, IP CAI, MP PCM, PPH Headers, M1, MP Deep Trannie Pan, Detroit in back. T/S Lift, Lookin for more stuff to do LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by lilwhitetruck View Post
    Mopar, which were PPH (Mike Leach) and Doug Thorley which were also Mopar at one time are all mid-length. I don't know about Kenne Belle
    How do your PPH headers fit? Seems like SpinTech, 50% has fit issues the other 50% don't. I know SpinTech is 1 3/4 and port plate moves the header out a little bit. Also, the 4 into 1 collector on the SpinTech verses the Tri-Y on the PPH may provide a little more room. Searching through the old posts, never heard anyone complain about fitment issues with Mopar/PPH headers.

Accumulating parts...

Status

Mopar/PPH/Doug Thorley's fit good. It's just a tight spot adding bolts to the collectors/Y-pipe. I use various ARP size bolts to accomplish the right tool in the tight spots. Some bolts I flip the nut side around, some I go with 3/8 hex heads or 12-pt.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Supporting Vendor

Status

The only real problem I had with them was with the down pipe cross-over contacting the aftermarket Mopar deep trans pan. I had to do a little splicing and welding so it wouldn't rub.

Status

As everyone else stated my Mopars/PPH fit fine. A little finagling with the bolts as GFG said but overall okay.

98DAK- Do you have pics of what you did to make your Mopar Deep Trannie pan fit? I couldn't get clearance so I just reinstalled the original one. Thanks.
    White 98D SLT+ 5.9, 2.02 R/T Heads, 1:7 RR, IP CAI, MP PCM, PPH Headers, M1, MP Deep Trannie Pan, Detroit in back. T/S Lift, Lookin for more stuff to do LOL!

+ Reply to Thread