+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power Nation 410

Default Power Nation 410

Power Nation Stroked a 360 to 410 and used stock cam and heads in the first episode and in the second episode they added cam, heads, intake, carb, etc. Heads were Trick Flow 190 for Magnum engines, but they were drilled for LA intake, valve covers and take a special Harland Sharp roller rocker setup (they kinda glossed over all that). Just like what Engine Masters has been saying, the engine really doesn't matter, if the heads will flow, it will make HP with matching components. Also, long runner single planes intake on big cubic inch engines don't hurt torque.

Episode 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbY7UGuZAfA

Episode 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb7kKjQcR9w
    Last edited by musky mike; 02-20-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    Power Nation Stroked a 360 to 410 and used stock cam and heads in the first episode and in the second episode they added cam, heads, intake, carb, etc. Heads were Trick Flow 190 for Magnum engines, but they were drilled for LA intake, valve covers and take a special Harland Sharp roller rocker setup (they kinda glossed over all that). Just like what Engine Masters has been saying, the engine really doesn't matter, if the heads will flow, it will make HP with matching components. Also, long runner single planes intake on big cubic inch engines don't hurt torque.

Episode 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbY7UGuZAfA

Episode 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb7kKjQcR9w
    I would have liked to have seen how this would have worked out with keeping the efi and tb.
    Also, they have had to change out pistons with the stated 11 to 1 static cr.
    That's where the real power comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    I would have liked to have seen how this would have worked out with keeping the efi and tb.
    Also, they have had to change out pistons with the stated 11 to 1 static cr.
    That's where the real power comes from.
    If they keep EFI and TB, it wouldn't have been "plug and play" they would've had to convert the manifold to EFI because they used a LA bolt pattern carb manifold. If they wanted to use EFI and TB, they would of had to use Eddy heads and it would of made less power. Eddy heads have 175 cfm intake runners and Trick Flow have 190 and the 410 needs the higher flow heads (even 190 isn't enough). It's just easier for them to use a carb versus EFI, even on Engine Masters, they say it easier for them to put a carb on and make changes than to mess with EFI for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    If they keep EFI and TB, it wouldn't have been "plug and play" they would've had to convert the manifold to EFI because they used a LA bolt pattern carb manifold. If they wanted to use EFI and TB, they would of had to use Eddy heads and it would of made less power. Eddy heads have 175 cfm intake runners and Trick Flow have 190 and the 410 needs the higher flow heads (even 190 isn't enough). It's just easier for them to use a carb versus EFI, even on Engine Masters, they say it easier for them to put a carb on and make changes than to mess with EFI for testing.
    I wonder if FiTech or Holley make something for this as a plug and play. I know FiTech makes one for the Mopar big blocks.

Supporting Vendor

Status

and take a special Harland Sharp roller rocker setup (they kinda glossed over all that).
    1.6 Ratio: https://stores.hi-potek.com/harland-...8-360-s72026k/

1.5 ratio: https://stores.hi-potek.com/harland-...8-360-s72025k/

Let me understand this: the Trick Flow heads are predominately LA heads that because of a bolt pattern, can fit either block.
    But, they will only accept LA types of manifolds (or Trickflows) that will not support efi configuration.
    This means to me that these heads are not really designed as a replacement head for our 360 magnums such as Edelbrock provides if wanting to continue using tb's, but more suited to older muscle cars wanting to use a magnum block w a carburetor or a person wanting to swap over his Dakota to a carb setup.
    Did i get that right or did they ever come out w a head that just has the magnum intake bolt pattern?
    Last edited by arro222; 02-21-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Let me understand this: the Trick Flow heads are predominately LA heads that because of a bolt pattern, can fit either block.
    But, they will only accept LA types of manifolds (or Trickflows) that will not support efi configuration.
    This means to me that these heads are not really designed as a replacement head for our 360 magnums such as Edelbrock provides if wanting to continue using tb's, but more suited to older muscle cars wanting to use a magnum block w a carburetor or a person wanting to swap over his Dakota to a carb setup.
    Did i get that right or did they ever come out w a head that just has the magnum intake bolt pattern?
    Yes, it is an LA head, that can be used on Magnums. The HS rockers allow you to use the pushrod oiling. In order to use a magnum intake, you’d either have to modify the intake for the LA bolt angle, or have the head drilled with the magnum bolt angle.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Yes, it is an LA head, that can be used on Magnums. The HS rockers allow you to use the pushrod oiling. In order to use a magnum intake, you’d either have to modify the intake for the LA bolt angle, or have the head drilled with the magnum bolt angle.
    Any market enough Rich for you to tool up for this? If using the Trick Flow intake, they have the bungs for nitrous but wondering if more cost effective to utilize for injection ports.

+ Reply to Thread