Thread: New member

Status

Thank you musky mike

-Zen-

Status

Wow,,,, stunning.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    I like 275/50R17, that's what I have on mine.
    You got full Hotchkis don't you? No problems running this size?
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Quote Originally Posted by evilrt View Post
    You got full Hotchkis don't you? No problems running this size?
    I do have the Hocthkis TVS (it came on the truck when I bought it), I assume it's the 1''/2" (non R/T 2"/3") drop. No problem with the 275/50R17 all around, and when I can't get them, I put 275/55R17 on the back until they come back in stock. For some reason they don't last very long on the back.

Status

I do have the Hocthkis TVS (it came on the truck when I bought it), I assume it's the 1''/2" (non R/T 2"/3") drop. No problem with the 275/50R17 all around, and when I can't get them, I put 275/55R17 on the back until they come back in stock. For some reason they don't last very long on the back.
    Same have full TVS. Really needed tires last summer.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Same have full TVS. Really needed tires last summer.
    Does your TVS ride as harsh as mine?

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Welcome Andrew! Beautiful truck amazing condition!
    Where did you find that thing?
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Status

Does your TVS ride as harsh as mine?
    No idea, may be harsher, also have Caltacs also with aluminum front spring bushings. Original Bilsteins are not installed. Debating on getting them rebuilt. When I installed new on my 2000, wasn't as harsh as my Neon ACR or 88 Wrangler with HD suspension. Would not sacrifice the handling for softer ride. Love my TVS.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Accumulating parts...

Status

No idea, may be harsher, also have Caltacs also with aluminum front spring bushings. Original Bilsteins are not installed. Debating on getting them rebuilt. When I installed new on my 2000, wasn't as harsh as my Neon ACR or 88 Wrangler with HD suspension. Would not sacrifice the handling for softer ride. Love my TVS.
    New TVS system + Bilsteins on a 28k miles truck got a little stiffer, but as you said...the handling was superb. Added Caltracs down the road and dramatically decreased the ride quality. The traction was a lot better and what I was aiming for being more of a weekend/track toy. I wouldn't add Caltracs to my daily R/T.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status

I used to daily mine with the cal tracs, the trick is to not have them tightened down

Status

Hey new guy, real quick not sure if you need or plan to do brakes on that truck, if so I can offer you a fairly fresh set of power stop z36 drilled and slotted rotor & ceramic pad set (~1500-2k miles on them, just got the truck back on the road a yr ago). I've got a big brake upgrade in the works now, so I would be happy to see that kit still go to good use. And I'm not too to far away from you ~100miles so shipping would'nt be too bad. Lmk ok that's my soliciting for the day lol.
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Was out in Ohio, ex police office bought it as a retirement gift for him self brand new back in 01, he’s in his 70’s now… everything documented!everything! Found it on carsonline.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDreamR/T View Post
    Hey new guy, real quick not sure if you need or plan to do brakes on that truck, if so I can offer you a fairly fresh set of power stop z36 drilled and slotted rotor & ceramic pad set (~1500-2k miles on them, just got the truck back on the road a yr ago). I've got a big brake upgrade in the works now, so I would be happy to see that kit still go to good use. And I'm not too to far away from you ~100miles so shipping would'nt be too bad. Lmk ok that's my soliciting for the day lol.
    How much? Do you have the red capilers from powers top as well? Did you notice a difference with that kit?

Welcome Andrew! Beautiful truck amazing condition!
    Where did you find that thing?
    [QUOTE=16r/t;536520]Was out in Ohio, ex police office bought it as a retirement gift for him self brand new back in 01, he’s in his 70’s now… everything documented!everything! Found it on carsonline.com[/QUOTE

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 16r/t View Post
    Was out in Ohio, ex police office bought it as a retirement gift for him self brand new back in 01, he’s in his 70’s now… everything documented!everything! Found it on carsonline.com
    That's incredibly cool, congrats on the find!
    Quote Originally Posted by 16r/t View Post
    How much? Do you have the red calipers from powers top as well? Did you notice a difference with that kit?
    I do not have the red calipers. Here are pictures after I installed them in August last yr...

And what they look like a few weeks ago:

They work well, about the best you performance you can get in maintaining the stock '97-'02 setup. These rotors will fit all those years, the pads however you just may want to double check if they will work, there are some slight differences in the rattle spring setup for the pads. At any rate would be lookin for about $100 shipped?

That's incredibly cool, congrats on the find!

I do not have the red calipers. Here are pictures after I installed them in August last yr...

And what they look like a few weeks ago:

They work well, about the best you performance you can get in maintaining the stock '97-'02 setup. These rotors will fit all those years, the pads however you just may want to double check if they will work, there are some slight differences in the rattle spring setup for the pads. At any rate would be lookin for about $100 shipped?
    �� mmmm…

Status

mmm never mind then?... lol.
    All good was just a thought, figured the pads were the same but the 01's are different than the '99s. So not really worth it, that and shipping alone would cost roughly $35. Anyways once again a sweet ride ya got, wish my paint looked as good!

mmm never mind then?... lol.
    All good was just a thought, figured the pads were the same but the 01's are different than the '99s. So not really worth it, that and shipping alone would cost roughly $35. Anyways once again a sweet ride ya got, wish my paint looked as good!
    Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the offer. I was just thinking about it is all. I still may be interested in just the rotors..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2