+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The good, the bad, the ugly, rear disc brake conversion

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Musky Mike, thanks for posting this up. I was just considering the SSBC myself. I currently decided to make the move and overhaul the brakes on my '99, it's just too scary with all the new power the truck makes now. I thought about this kit but what scared me away was the proprietary rotors...and I would rather put that kind of investment into using something that's more off the shelf.
    That being said, I am excited to say I will be putting my engineering skills to use to design a complete system utilizing calipers from a 2015+ mustang GT and viper rotors. I just received my 03/04 spindles and the calipers today. I anticipate the rear brake setup to work pretty similar to the SSBC kit, and the 4 piston GT calipers shocked me just how large they are physically.

Let me know how your install goes, I'd like to know if you happen to run into any issues or think of any design improvements.
    Thanks!
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Put the SSBC rear disc brake kit on 2 months ago. Drive every day in brake check/ bumper car rush hour traffic of Phoenix (Hot as hell) rush hour traffic. Huge difference in the stopping distance. Now when joe racer in his lowered 4dr Altima with steel wheels and 4 ft wing goes for the exit ramp from the fast lane and brings 4 lanes of traffic from 80 to 20 mph , no more Heart in mouth .this thing stops right now . Only negative so darks when I release the Peking brake and drive I get two quick brake squawks from the rear then it’s fine. Next time it’s under a 100 *. I’ll check the e brake adjustment .

Took a couple photos ,don’t know why these are sideways

Status

I think you have to upload them and do a space in between

Try this....
    Attached Images Attached Images

That’s it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2