+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solar Yellow 99 CC

Status

Default Solar Yellow 99 CC

Hey guys, Ive just recently found this site and forum. Ive owned a solar yellow 99 Dakota R/T CC for the last few years and have done a ton of work to it. (Basically rebuilt the whole truck). Ive swapped in leather seats, done the kegger mod, and currently working on gathering all the parts necessary for a 5speed manual swap. I currenly reside in Upstate, NY just outside of Syracuse in a town called Baldwinsville. Good to be here and looking forward to the commentary and knowledge of everyone here on these awesome trucks!

PS, this is my second R/T, first one was a black sc '98 that met its demise due to road salt. I don't drive my current one during the winter months to prevent that from happening again.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Welcome to the forum!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    thanks looking around...looks like its pretty outdated...home page not updated since 2016?

Status

Welcome from DE.
    May be slightly dated/low thread post. but the knowledge is killer.

Welcome, I grew up in your area, still have family there.

Welcome

Status

Welcome, Glad your not driving it in the winter. Rust free R/T's are pretty rare up here in the Rust belt.
    Last edited by evilrt; 12-29-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Status

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    Welcome, I grew up in your area, still have family there.
    Nice. I'm a Texas transplant. Might be going back in a couple years. Heading out to Wilberts.com junknyard today in Williamson, NY. They have 7 dakotas there between 97-2000....hoping and praying at least 1 of them is a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbride1 View Post
    Nice. I'm a Texas transplant. Might be going back in a couple years. Heading out to Wilberts.com junknyard today in Williamson, NY. They have 7 dakotas there between 97-2000....hoping and praying at least 1 of them is a manual.
    I grew up right down road in Sodus. Is Wibert's the one on 104?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    I grew up right down road in Sodus. Is Wibert's the one on 104?
    Yea I'm here now...not a single manual dakota between 97-2000....any idea if clutch pedal assembly from an 03 will work?

Status

Leather seats installed....sorry about the mess.Screenshot_20211229-194320_Photos.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Yea I'm here now...not a single manual dakota between 97-2000....any idea if clutch pedal assembly from an 03 will work?
    the clutch pedal and pedal shaft are the same from 1997-2004... and even newer. I stopped checking part numbers at 2007.
    The shaft and bushings are avalable new. You do not need the pedal bracket, those are all the same manual or auto.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

Welcome! I'm over in Churchville just west of Rochester. Been to Wilburts a few times this fall to snag some interior parts I needed. Let me know how the swap goes, I'm interested in doing the same.

Hey guys, Ive just recently found this site and forum. Ive owned a solar yellow 99 Dakota R/T CC for the last few years and have done a ton of work to it. (Basically rebuilt the whole truck). Ive swapped in leather seats, done the kegger mod, and currently working on gathering all the parts necessary for a 5speed manual swap. I currenly reside in Upstate, NY just outside of Syracuse in a town called Baldwinsville. Good to be here and looking forward to the commentary and knowledge of everyone here on these awesome trucks!

PS, this is my second R/T, first one was a black sc '98 that met its demise due to road salt. I don't drive my current one during the winter months to prevent that from happening again.
    I tried looking through old posts, it just hard to find everything. Do you have a list of everything needed to covert to a 5 speed? Mine is a 2001 and I want to start collecting parts to convert to a NV3500. After the conversion, I would step up to a stronger trans.

Welcome aboard! I like that color.

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Hey a bit late to the welcoming party, so first welcome fellow NY'R to the
    Best of luck with the 5spd conversion, I personally went the TKO600 route, but the pedal conversion is straight forward enough. And the clutch master cylinder fits under the brake booster where the AT shift cable currently resides. The clutch/brake pedals will swap right into the auto pedal bracket as long as you have the longer shaft from the manual pedal assy. Easiest of course is to source the entire manual pedal assy.

Below is a link to my build thread documenting the pedal swap: http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...l=1#post532622

Oh and it was so worth the effort IMO
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

+ Reply to Thread