+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Solar Yellow 99 CC

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    18

    Default Solar Yellow 99 CC

    Hey guys, Ive just recently found this site and forum. Ive owned a solar yellow 99 Dakota R/T CC for the last few years and have done a ton of work to it. (Basically rebuilt the whole truck). Ive swapped in leather seats, done the kegger mod, and currently working on gathering all the parts necessary for a 5speed manual swap. I currenly reside in Upstate, NY just outside of Syracuse in a town called Baldwinsville. Good to be here and looking forward to the commentary and knowledge of everyone here on these awesome trucks!

    PS, this is my second R/T, first one was a black sc '98 that met its demise due to road salt. I don't drive my current one during the winter months to prevent that from happening again.

  2. #2


    98Dak408's Avatar
    Supporting Vendor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Welcome to the forum!

  3. #3
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    thanks looking around...looks like its pretty outdated...home page not updated since 2016?

  4. #4
    niebs's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North DE
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    Welcome from DE.
    May be slightly dated/low thread post. but the knowledge is killer.

  5. #5

    Default

    Welcome, I grew up in your area, still have family there.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default

    Welcome, Glad your not driving it in the winter. Rust free R/T's are pretty rare up here in the Rust belt.
    Last edited by evilrt; 12-29-2021 at 11:35 AM.
    Mike Williams
    #001

    98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

  8. #8
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    Welcome, I grew up in your area, still have family there.
    Nice. I'm a Texas transplant. Might be going back in a couple years. Heading out to Wilberts.com junknyard today in Williamson, NY. They have 7 dakotas there between 97-2000....hoping and praying at least 1 of them is a manual.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbride1 View Post
    Nice. I'm a Texas transplant. Might be going back in a couple years. Heading out to Wilberts.com junknyard today in Williamson, NY. They have 7 dakotas there between 97-2000....hoping and praying at least 1 of them is a manual.
    I grew up right down road in Sodus. Is Wibert's the one on 104?

  10. #10
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    I grew up right down road in Sodus. Is Wibert's the one on 104?
    Yea I'm here now...not a single manual dakota between 97-2000....any idea if clutch pedal assembly from an 03 will work?

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Leather seats installed....sorry about the mess.Screenshot_20211229-194320_Photos.jpg

  13. #13

    Default

    Welcome aboard!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbride1 View Post
    Yea I'm here now...not a single manual dakota between 97-2000....any idea if clutch pedal assembly from an 03 will work?
    the clutch pedal and pedal shaft are the same from 1997-2004... and even newer. I stopped checking part numbers at 2007.
    The shaft and bushings are avalable new. You do not need the pedal bracket, those are all the same manual or auto.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

    2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, MBRP exhaust, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

  15. #15

    Txasflood's Avatar
    DRTC Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Churchville, NY
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Welcome! I'm over in Churchville just west of Rochester. Been to Wilburts a few times this fall to snag some interior parts I needed. Let me know how the swap goes, I'm interested in doing the same.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbride1 View Post
    Hey guys, Ive just recently found this site and forum. Ive owned a solar yellow 99 Dakota R/T CC for the last few years and have done a ton of work to it. (Basically rebuilt the whole truck). Ive swapped in leather seats, done the kegger mod, and currently working on gathering all the parts necessary for a 5speed manual swap. I currenly reside in Upstate, NY just outside of Syracuse in a town called Baldwinsville. Good to be here and looking forward to the commentary and knowledge of everyone here on these awesome trucks!

    PS, this is my second R/T, first one was a black sc '98 that met its demise due to road salt. I don't drive my current one during the winter months to prevent that from happening again.
    I tried looking through old posts, it just hard to find everything. Do you have a list of everything needed to covert to a 5 speed? Mine is a 2001 and I want to start collecting parts to convert to a NV3500. After the conversion, I would step up to a stronger trans.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •