+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manual trans swap parts needed

Status

Default Manual trans swap parts needed

I am swapping an NV3500 into my 1999 Dakota R/T and still missing a few structural parts

Steering column PURCHASED
    Clutch pedal assembly. PURCHASED
    Driveshaft (club cab with the 5.2L)
    ECM from a V8 Manual model
    Transmission tunnel
    NV3500 TRANS

Thanks!

I am located in Baldwinsville, NY just outside of Syracuse.
    Last edited by Stormbride1; 12-30-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Status

Welcome! I haven't done a manual swap, so my knowledge may be a bit off. Why do you need a steering column? You can pop the roll pin outta the auto shift handle & remove it. Then pull the piece of plastic that moves with the handle down to cover the hole. The ecm/pcm can have the auto trans "tuned" out of it when you get an SCT tune from "FRP performance". Trans tunnel?? I've never heard of any mods needed to the tunnel...
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

As far as the steering column goes. I just want it to look as factory as possible. I may have a line on one...will know for sure on Monday. For the ECM I've heard it's cheaper to find a manual trans computer from same year and have it flashed with your vin and mileage. Trans tunnel just so i dont have to hack an unsightly hole in the floor of mine. I can take a tunnel and weld it into my truck and grind the welds smooth and paint so it looks factory unless you know where incould find a template to cut the whole exactly as factory.

Status

Steering column purchased!

Status

I believe I found the pedals. From an 2003 but looks like they will bolt up.

remove the carpet from the tunnel and take a look. there may be an embossed area where the shifter goes.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

+ Reply to Thread