+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R/T Wanna be

Status

Default R/T Wanna be

First time posting here. I've been wanting a R/T for over 20 years now but never pulled the trigger. I have had 4 Dakota's since 1995 though. All V8s. I was lucky enough to buy back my 2000 Sport that I bought when it was only 2 years old & in real nice shape. It's not an R/T but it is a R.C. 2wd 4.7 OHC V8 5-speed with a 3:55 Sure Grip 9 1/4" rear. I sold the truck to a good friend, who bought it to give to his father on his 70th birthday. 14 years later & temp controlled garage kept, I was able to get it back, in excellent shape, with under 50,000 well cared for miles on it. A few months after selling it, I regretted it & told the new owner, when your ready to get rid of it, I would like to buy it back. I got it back just over 2 months ago. I love Dakota R/T s, but I wanted a V8 manual trans. more. If you could buy an R/T with one I would have bought one long ago, but now I'm too old to be hanging pedals & all the other stuff you have to do to install a manual in one. I know what I have & it's very rare (V8 5-speed) I'm glad to have it back. MOPAR or NO CAR!DSC00809.jpg

Status

Nice man! Welcome

Nice �� . wish mine had that kind of mileage

Status

Just so you all know, I removed the rear wing, aftermarket fender flares & the Gibson cat back dual tailpipe set-up that was on the truck when I got it back, so if anyone is in need of any of those items, I will sell them fairly cheap. I believe the Gibson cat back set-up is all stainless & I did not ruin it when I took it off. I plan on posting pictures of the truck how it looks now, & get pics of the flares, wing & exhaust. I will consider trades too. Thanks for the positive responses.

If you were closer I'd be interested in that stuff. I'm on the other side of the country try. Welcome though
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    but now I'm too old to be hanging pedals & all the other stuff you have to do to install a manual in one. DSC00809.jpg
    ...except installing the clutch pedal only involves removing a C clip, replacing the pivot pin with the manual specific one and sliding it through a clutch pedal. The pedal bracket is identical to an auto version. the master cylinder simply bolts on... it's really a lot easier than it's made out to be, as long as you use stock parts.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wedged View Post
    ...except installing the clutch pedal only involves removing a C clip, replacing the pivot pin with the manual specific one and sliding it through a clutch pedal. The pedal bracket is identical to an auto version. the master cylinder simply bolts on... it's really a lot easier than it's made out to be, as long as you use stock parts.
    Sounds like a pretty simple deal. I would surely use factory parts to do this but, now that I got my old Dakota back, I won't have to do it.

Nice rig! Enjoy the community

+ Reply to Thread