+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cc thunderform subs

Default Cc thunderform subs

Scored a virgin never mounted cc thunderform unloaded box. What fits and what doesn't. Open to any brands or cost but cheaper is a benefit. I have multiple amps for basically whatever power level we find fits. Annnnndddd go
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

Status

I have one in my Dakota.
    1st thing, behind the speaker, inside the box, put a round piece of Dynamat.
    Then try and find some type of fiber-fill and fill the enclosure.
    I used Clarion 10 inch subs, but I have to find the part number for you.
    I like the set-up as it is a very smooth bass, not the boom box sound.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Joannes fabrics or any craft store sell fiber fill in different densities.they also sell it woven into a thick batting like fiberglass. 1/2 as thick as fiberglass to staplegun In place if the box is mdf.use more than you think you need. It tricks the sub into acting like a bigger box.
    Search DIYmobill audio forum . Lotta info there

The box has the original fiber fill jn it. Just trying to find a realistic mounting depth. I might roll the dice on a set of kicker comps at 5 1/16th
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

Status

I tried Kickers, their shallow mount and they did not fit. I'm still trying to find the Clairion number for the ones in my truck.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Confirmed, kicker comp r do fit even with fiber fill. Just have to notch the box maybe a heavy 16" for the backet. Nice deep bass without being overpowering. Powered by a 2500.1 650rms power acoustic amp@2ohm.
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

Status

Cool. Like to see some video with sound when completed.

I'll try to grab one today. Music requests ��
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

i have some 10' cerwin vega's in my thunderform....put the amp in the little spot for the tire iron.

Default Alpine type R 10 inch DVC subwoofers

Alpine Type R DVC subs barely fit. I had to take the rubber surround off of the rim, and even then I made a spacer strip as they mounting rim of the subwoofer hit the hard plastic edge of the box.

That was my problem with the kickers. J had to die grind Mayne 1/8th" around the mounting for them to sit flush. Over all I'm very happy with fit and finish
    98 da ccrt
    95 rcsb 5.9/ax15

+ Reply to Thread